The Student Room Group

Girls: what is your dream wedding dress?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Samz
i quite like strapless dresses, but i only ever planned my wedding when i was really little.
now i dont think i really know what i want! probably best to try lots on & see what looks best.
eeek, i cant wait! :biggrin: have to keep my fingers crossed somebody wants to marry me :p:

Thats my theory hence me probably going to try on most types of dress (i'm ruling anything with a spaghetti strap, full length lace sleeves or anything excessively heavy/taffeta-y because i prefer the fluffy tulle or organza) and see what suits me. I think i'll know when i try it on, you do just get that overwhelming feeling when a dress is right.
Original post by *Lollo*
Pronovias by Elie Saab

oh my gosh! the bottom one is absolutely stunning! I love it! :love:
*well, they look identical, but I prefer it with the little sleeves :smile: beautiful!
Reply 42
I don't know how I want it to look like but it's gooing to be a Elie Saab dress for sure :yes:
Original post by les*lucioles
In a perfect world, where I would be 5'9 and could afford any dress...
The one and only

Spoiler

Sorry, but if you turned up in that you'd look like you had the 'trash the dress' ritual before the wedding by mistake. Its disgusting.
One of my friends had the most beautiful dress designed and made for her by her sister who was doing a fashion degree, even the bride hadn't seen it til the day.
I'll know when I see it, it has to be 'the one'.

So hard to describe, but visually I have it sorted! :tongue:

LOVES IT
Reply 47
Original post by hippieglitter
One of my friends had the most beautiful dress designed and made for her by her sister who was doing a fashion degree, even the bride hadn't seen it til the day.

Omg :love: I would love that so much!

Was your friend worried that she wouldn't like the dress? Not that it'd necessarily be awful, but that it wouldn't be the 'perfect' dress a bride normally spends ages looking for?
Vera Wang, I always use to walk passed a display window in Hong Kong.
Original post by ArcaneAnna
To be fair I've never really thought of that one 'dream' wedding - especially since I don't really believe in marriage.

However, I had a quick look and I'd probably go for something like this;
[got me written all over it haha]

Lovely picture. Do you mind me asking where you came across it?
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo

Some of those look nice. I bet they are expensive though.

I love this Vivienne Westwood dress. http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/96545 But no idea what my dream dress would be like. Guess I will have the fun of finding that out one day.
(edited 13 years ago)
If I was going for the fairytale look:

For a more fitted style:

And for something modern:

Sadly they're all obscenely expensive, and I really couldn't justify spending that much on a wedding dress. But they're the most beautiful gowns I've seen so far.
Reply 53
I think I would never marry but I think this is pretty.

I do not believe in eternal love and I am quite realistic but I wish everyone els all the best.
I know exactly what I want, so I'll never find it online.
Thankfully my granny and my auntie are professional dress makers, so it will come alive :biggrin:

I like the top of this one. kinda.
Original post by ily_em
Omg :love: I would love that so much!

Was your friend worried that she wouldn't like the dress? Not that it'd necessarily be awful, but that it wouldn't be the 'perfect' dress a bride normally spends ages looking for?

She was a little concerned although she had given her sister the general idea of what she wanted and as it turned out it was beautiful and she loved it. pic below.
Original post by IlexBlue
I don't think I'm the type to ever get married really, but during those certain times when I have wondered... :wink:

It would be something similar to this, or with thicker sleeves, since I'd want to get married somewhere snowy. It's one thing I would not budge on, I love the snow. :tongue:

Thats is gorgeous i love the lace sleeves. I know for definate that i want something with sleeves. Mainly cos the potential date and venue (April, Caerphilly Castle) may be a little chilly.
Original post by Abi24
I can't decide whether I want a big, voluminous dress on the view that i'd never get to wear anything like it again, or a closer fitted dress out of practicality. Depends on what sort of wedding I decide to have as well - and whether heels are going to make me taller than the man i'm marrying or not/how a dress looks with heels or flats.

Can't get pics to show up but here's roughly what i'd want depending on the style.

Big dress: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&style=S5261

Fitted dress: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&page=1&style=R1062
or http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&style=J1366

Destination: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=100&style=AD3395

Those would be my top 5

Oh I love the Chardonnay
Original post by alicebytemperley
If I was going for the fairytale look:

For a more fitted style:

And for something modern:

Sadly they're all obscenely expensive, and I really couldn't justify spending that much on a wedding dress. But they're the most beautiful gowns I've seen so far.

I love the top one.
I don't quite believe one needs to marry in order to reach "eternal happiness" or whatever. But I would definately marry for the sake of this Elie Saab dress:

Quick Reply