The Student Room Group

Why does she never start conversations?

I was thinking about asking a girl out on a date soon, until I started thinking that she never starts conversations with me.

I chat to her online, every 2 days so that she doesn't get too suspicious, but its always me who starts the conversations and not her. But once I start one, she is quite talkative and we end up talking for about 1-2 hours. Its slightly annoying as I'd like to talk every day to her, but I've started liking her out of the bloom as she isnt in my classes so it may seem a little weird to her since Ive been talking when we rarely see each other?
We sometimes talk when we see each other around college

Should I still consider asking her for a date?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"Out of the bloom?" I'm sorry, what? Did you mean "out of the blue"?
Just ask her, see how it goes. I find it hard to start conversations sometimes because I'm worried that what I say will sound stupid. When I get to know people properly, I don't shut up. She's probably just shy.
(edited 13 years ago)
She saw your dick and it was too small for her...
Reply 3
She might just have one of those people who believe it is the guy who should start the convos, and not the girl. I think I know what you mean :smile: Seeing as she is talkative once the convo starts going, ask her out, you don't have much to lose!

P.s, I like your strategy :wink:
Original post by Philbert
"Out of the bloom?" I'm sorry, what? Did you mean "out of the blue"?
Hmm, I think that's what they call a malapropism.
Reply 5
You're not going to ask her out based on her MSN habits? Geeze. I never start conversations with anyone, I always wait for people to talk to me =P
Reply 6
Original post by fishkeeper
I was thinking about asking a girl out on a date soon, until I started thinking that she never starts conversations with me.

I chat to her online, every 2 days so that she doesn't get too suspicious, but its always me who starts the conversations and not her. But once I start one, she is quite talkative and we end up talking for about 1-2 hours. Its slightly annoying as I'd like to talk every day to her, but I've started liking her out of the bloom as she isnt in my classes so it may seem a little weird to her since Ive been talking when we rarely see each other?

Its slightly annoying as I'd like to talk every day to her, but I've started liking her out of the bloom as she isnt in my classes so it may seem a little weird to her since Ive been talking when we rarely see each other?

I've started liking her out of the bloom

out of the bloom

the bloom

bloom

Oh, and my advice is don't start it for a while and see what her reaction is :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by moonymeen
She might just have one of those people who believe it is the guy who should start the convos, and not the girl. I think I know what you mean :smile: Seeing as she is talkative once the convo starts going, ask her out, you don't have much to lose!

P.s, I like your strategy :wink:

What strategy? :s-smilie: I thought talking every 2 days was a strategy fit for scaredy cats :P

Original post by Obadetona
Oh, and my advice is don't start it for a while and see what her reaction is :smile:

Umm, why are you quoting my mistake...a lot? :P

Yes. It was supposed to be out of the blue....I just forgot and added a word in that sounded similar :biggrin: I didn't know it was called malapropism though :biggrin:

So are you saying I should continue what I am doing and just ask? I may talk to her tonight, I just get scared when opening conversations incase she is thinking 'Oh not again ffs, go away' :P
Reply 8

the girl sounds a lot like me. If I was chatting to someone online I'd say is you.
What Im meant to say is that if she is keen on talking when you start the conversations then she likes you.
Reply 9
What strategy? :s-smilie: I thought talking every 2 days was a strategy fit for scaredy cats :P

Nah, sounds well thought out actually. Keeps girls on their toes. Maybe her strategy is to never initiate a conversation, possibly to measure if someone is interested :wink:
Reply 10
Make this promise to yourself. Don't start another conversation until she starts one with you.
Reply 11
Original post by Roxas13
Make this promise to yourself. Don't start another conversation until she starts one with you.

What a great strategy, when he could be asking her on a date and getting to know her irl :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by moonymeen
Nah, sounds well thought out actually. Keeps girls on their toes. Maybe her strategy is to never initiate a conversation, possibly to measure if someone is interested :wink:

She ends a lot of sentences with the :P emoticon. Though that doesn't mean anything. I hate starting conversations as she still may be thinking 'go away' lol.

Original post by Roxas13

Nothing will happen then :/
Reply 13
She ends a lot of sentences with the :P emoticon. Though that doesn't mean anything. I hate starting conversations as she still may be thinking 'go away' lol.

Hm, well maybe it's an indication that she's happy that you have started a convo. I'm sure if she really disliked conversing with you, she'd have blocked and deleted you by now. But seriously, this is MSN we're talking about, it doesn't compare to rl. If you're content with how things are in rl, don't let the small issue of her not initiating MSN convos bother you :smile: hope I've helped!
(edited 13 years ago)

Umm, why are you quoting my mistake...a lot? :P

Yes. It was supposed to be out of the blue....I just forgot and added a word in that sounded similar :biggrin: I didn't know it was called malapropism though :biggrin:

So are you saying I should continue what I am doing and just ask? I may talk to her tonight, I just get scared when opening conversations incase she is thinking 'Oh not again ffs, go away' :P

I say go cold turkey and wait until she does talk to you; if she really wants to I think she will :smile:
Reply 15
She's a little shy? Or not sure if you genuinely like her? I don't know, but when people always use the :P emoticon, I get the impression they try to keep a laid-back and funny conversation, because they can get a bit nervous.

But here we are analyzing her msn behavior as if it truly mattered, talk to her in real life! As long as she keeps talking to you on msn, she wants to get to know you :smile:
Reply 16
I don't mean to be rude, but speaking from a female point of view, I would expect that she's not really interested.

I mean, maybe she'll accept your date offer but.. Only because she doesn't want to seem rude. As far as i'm concerned, if I think about a guy in my spare time; I will initiate conversations with them!
Reply 17
it depends on what type of girl she is, if she's generally more introverted in person in the real world then i would say it's likely she'd also be more hesitant to initiate conversations online. if she NEVER initiates, like not even once then maybe she's not interested, but that also depends how many times youve spoken in total. like if youve spoken loads of times and she's never initiated thats a bit weird, but if its only a few times maybe she will later on, just try not initiating and she what happens.
she probably doesnt want to talk to you if, you know, she doesnt start conversations with you
Reply 19
Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers
she probably doesnt want to talk to you if, you know, she doesnt start conversations with you

Thats what I think. Ah well, probably better to get over her :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending