The Student Room Group

Typical Student Day

Scroll to see replies

Today: had an ongoing fight with my alarm till 10. Wake up, realise it's too late for a shower - dry shampoo to the rescue. :p: Go to 12pm tutorial: this is the only one out of 3 that I actually enjoy. Oh wait, I really like my other tutorial on a Monday, so yeah just the Wednesday one I don't like. Finish at 1, go to Tesco Express and struggle to carry two bags home with 3 bottles of fizzy flavoured water and 4 pints of milk in. Plus apples and bananas.. of course a lovely bar of Galaxy :smile: Get home, tidy room, eat Galaxy (regret this now because I'm hungry). Watch Family Guy for a while, try to get in touch with site office to get our shower fixed. Laze around, attempt work, watch family guy instead, and go on TSR. At about 6pm, realise I'm in the crap if I don't do some work, so have been quite productive since then :biggrin:
10-11am Wake up
Lectures randomly through the day (usually 2 hours worth)
Meet up with friends around 6am til around 2-3am.
3am-4am Bed

Societies on Tuesday, thursday. It is rather brilliant.
wake up at 8
abuse snooze button for at least half an hour
shower, get dressed etc
40 min walk to uni
lectures/seminars (think about the work i'm going to do at flat/library)
chat/have coffee
walk to flat (usually via shops)
have lunch and cup of tea
watch tv/ facebook instead of working
have more tea
attempt some work
have more tea
have dinner
some nights go to work/tv/out
if out, next day results in intetion of going to lectures but justify not going because they are online

weekend consist of p/t job, hangovers and drunken antics with a panic on sunday night about the amount of uni work to do for next morning!
Wake up at 9
Shower, make up, get dressed, have breakfast, prepare lunch, grab gym bag
Go to gym, work out for an hour
Go to 11am/12pm lecture
Eat lunch/grab sandwich
Meet up with friends at union bar, or go to society meeting, or just walk home
Run errands on the way home e.g. picking up bread/milk
Tidy room and do any chores e.g. laundry, washing up
Have a jam with my guitar/keyboards
Get down to any work/get ready for night out
Go out with friends
Come home, watch bbc iplayer/youtube til I fall asleep
This was my day today...

7am: alarm goes off. Turn off alarm. Just lie down for 1 more minute.
8.30am: wake up (when did I fall asleep?!) I have to leave for my 9.30 lecture at quarter to 9. Don't bother with lecture. Go on Facebook instead.
9.30am: Wander downstairs and make tea. Come back up and watch 2 episodes of Coppers on 4od.
11.30am: Realise I want to make soup but have no canellini beans (essential, obvs). Go to co-op in PJs. Buy beans and (for some reason) wine.
12pm: Make soup. Get too hungry and make a tuna sandwich whilst it's cooking. Don't end up eating soup.
1pm: Go to room and watch new Glee episode illegally online. Write blog on DeviantART.
3pm: Go downstairs and chat to housemates, drink tea, read Heat magazine.
5pm: Start getting ready for night out (not supposed to be going out til 10pm, but it's PJ themed and I want a reason to wear my pyjamas).
7pm: Watch funny videos on Youtube/collegehumor. Go on Facebook and stalk people from school.
9pm: Recieve text that night out is cancelled - that's okay, I'm ready for bed anyway!
9.30pm: Start tidying room to avoid doing any sort of work. Tell self that I'll be able to work better with a tidy room and that it's for my own good.
10.30pm: Get bored and have a micro-nap.
11.00pm: Should do some work. Decide to watch 4od instead. Search studentroom for things to watch on 4od as I've already exhausted my list. Find this thread and tell you what I did with my day!
Original post by citrus-wedding
This was my day today...

7am: alarm goes off. Turn off alarm. Just lie down for 1 more minute.
8.30am: wake up (when did I fall asleep?!) I have to leave for my 9.30 lecture at quarter to 9. Don't bother with lecture. Go on Facebook instead.
9.30am: Wander downstairs and make tea. Come back up and watch 2 episodes of Coppers on 4od.
11.30am: Realise I want to make soup but have no canellini beans (essential, obvs). Go to co-op in PJs. Buy beans and (for some reason) wine.
12pm: Make soup. Get too hungry and make a tuna sandwich whilst it's cooking. Don't end up eating soup.
1pm: Go to room and watch new Glee episode illegally online. Write blog on DeviantART.
3pm: Go downstairs and chat to housemates, drink tea, read Heat magazine.
5pm: Start getting ready for night out (not supposed to be going out til 10pm, but it's PJ themed and I want a reason to wear my pyjamas).
7pm: Watch funny videos on Youtube/collegehumor. Go on Facebook and stalk people from school.
9pm: Recieve text that night out is cancelled - that's okay, I'm ready for bed anyway!
9.30pm: Start tidying room to avoid doing any sort of work. Tell self that I'll be able to work better with a tidy room and that it's for my own good.
10.30pm: Get bored and have a micro-nap.
11.00pm: Should do some work. Decide to watch 4od instead. Search studentroom for things to watch on 4od as I've already exhausted my list. Find this thread and tell you what I did with my day!

Thoroughly entertaining.. Deserves rep...

Today wasn't my typical day but i'll tell the story...

7:30am Wake up/check TSR/Facebook
8:30 cycle to asda to pick up Gran Turismo 5
9:30 Get back with game and set it to install when i has quick shower
10:00 Organic Chemistry lecture
11:00 Get back from lecture, cook a giant Steak for lunch, chuck it in a baguette with onions/mustard
11:30 Start playing Gran Turismo 5
23:45 Realise i've been playing this computer game non stop for over 12 hours now including a 5 min break to go to the kitchen to grab a sandwich at about 6 o clock... Better do some work for uni at some point...
wake up , have fight with alarm clock , loose
swear never to drink again ... and did i really end up in bute park at 3 am having a snowball fight ?
go into the kitchen put the milk in the coffee cup and coffee boil kettle
get ready to leave rush around realize lecture is in 15 mins and its a 15 min walk
make coffee/ forget coffee
meet friends walk to lecture,
come back / grab lunch etc in cafe / shopping
nap
check facebook watch Internet tv consider doing work
realize work involves going to the library 20 mins walk away. dont bother
catch up with flat / house watch movies / get thrashed at cod
dinner
consider doing work again , watch jezza and csi
go for a wander
end up drinking in another flat / going out / go to society
come back from society / out end up mattress surfing , snowball fighting
watch bbc iplayer till asleep
get up at 8
go to lectures at nine. Finsh lectures at 12 and bum around for a couple of hours with course mate
2-5 probably more lectures.
5 - go back to halls. say hi to people. sort myself out in room.
6 - go to swimming or talk with flatmates
9- chill/do work/go out
2 - bed time
For the last 2 days I've woke up at about 1pm, had a shower, had dinner, gone on facebook and watched TV and about now I'm thinking about doing some work. Oh and went to uni for half an hour to do a study. It's quite boring having 3 days with no lectures tbh...
Reply 109
6:45 wake up
Shower/get dressed
8:00 Breakfast
Print lecture slides off
8:30 Bus
9:00 lecture

11:00 run across campus to the next lecture

1:00 bus home
1:30 lunch
2:00 sleep
5:00 see who's in the kitchen/living room/start cooking food
5:30 eat

Then just work into the evening/chat/watch TV - I'm always in the living room though because I'd go mad if I didn't see people.

9:00 msn with boyfriend

11:30ish bed
Reply 110
At the mo on nursing placement so...
Up at 5:15
Shower

Breakfast
Bus at 06;12
Walk 6:30

Handover at hospital 7

7-3

Home chill/swim/essay

Bed 9-10
A typical day involves deciding to bunk off lectures then going to a practical in the afternoon, followed by copious TV in the evening and leaving that essay due tomorrow till 3am.

And repeat.
Get woken up by alarm at 7:30 or 8:30.
Snooze till 8:30 or 9:30. Race out of bed realising I'll be late for 9am/10am lecture. Have shower, get dressed, make mug of tea, leave house, attend lectures, if possible return back home and sleep in between lectures, come home when finished and noodle around on the internet, in front of the tv or on my guitars. Sometimes get down to some work. Cook dinner at around 6 or 7pm. return to what I was doing before dinner.
Intend to go to bed at midnight, actually go to bed at 2am.
Set alarm for 7:30 or 8:30

That's every weekday that I have a 9am or 10am lecture.
The weekends are more like wake up at 12 or 1 then noodle around on the internet/tv/guitars, maybe go round to someone elses flat and have a small house party at night. Then on sunday do work.
Typical Day :smile:

8.30am Wake up and have long breakfast
9.30am Get Bus
10am or thereabouts Arrive at Uni
11-12noon do naff all Youtube etc........ (if not at a tutorial (Thurs))
12-1pm Lunch
1-2pm History Lecture
2-3pm Geography Lecture (tbh I cant be bothered this week)
3-4pm Buses Home
4-5 Revision and Coursework and Reading
6-7 Dinner
Then either cant be assed watch tv early/ or last minute reading of lecture notes
8-9 TV
9-10 TV
11pm Bed, or later probs 11.45pm more like

I cant wait to move into Halls for more variety in my day (less commuting)
Reply 114
Original post by King CalZ
how about weekends guys? friday night, what do you get up to and what time do you end up getting some sleep?

Lol what sleep sweetheart?
on a good week end I know i cant sleep even if i wanted to! HAha!
Yesterday was pretty standard.
Wake up 10.05 for a 11am seminar in which I've got an exam. Ring a taxi and hurry around and put some clothes/make-up on. Taxi gets me to uni just in time but I'm £12 poorer.
Do my exam, have a fag break, find out I've passed so it's all good.
Go to the doctors to book an appointment.
Meet friends in town, go shopping and buy alcohol for that night.
Really tired so I attempt to nap but ended up at my friends flat watching episodes of Newport Harbour.
Get in the shower at 7pm. Get ready for a night out, finished by quarter to ten.
Make our cocktail and drink,11pm I'm gone.
Go out and apparently have a good night but I can't remember anything at all.
Make a trip to the burger van on my way home, fall asleep whilst eating chips so I wake up this morning at 10am with a greasy chip stuck to my face
Drag my hungover arse into uni for my doctors appointment.

Would not get away with having such a lazy/tragic lifestyle anywhere else, Uni is amazing.
Update :smile:

8am wake up and have breakfast and shower

9am- 11am Geography lecture, the 9am-1pm is often used on Thursdays for extra Geography lectures and help sessions for statistics etc...

12noon or 1pm- Lunch (in town or on campus)

2-4pm Geography Lecture or free time

4-6pm History Seminar/Lecture

5pm or 6pm Dinner

6pm-7.30pm The Simpsons and Big Bang Theory

7pm-9pm evening activities/revision/study/essays etc...

11pm bed

I SO enjoy being in student halls :smile:

Right now I have Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays completely free but as I am in my final years that time quickly goes on working
(edited 11 years ago)
Wake up any time between 9am and midday depending on previous night's antics
Go in kitchen and despair at how bad it looks/smells, eat whatever I've got in the house
Possibly go to a lecture/tutorial depending on the day of the week and whatnot
Do whatever I need to do (shopping, gym, studying etc.)
Eat something.

Evenings will either consist of:
Going out to work (pub job)
Staying in to study - this only happens in desperate times very close to deadlines
Going out to the pub or over to someone else's halls or sometimes the union and possibly onto a bar or club or whatever depending on the plans for the evening.

After tomorrow (my last exam) there will be a lot more sleeping and drinking to be done :biggrin:
Uni is really fun but I don't think you represent the best of it with 'average days' because it's always the un-average days where you have the best time.
Reply 118
8am: Hop up out of bed
8.01am: Turn my swag on
8.02am: Take a look in the mirror
8.03am: Say "what's up?"
8.04am - 1am: Get money
Reply 119
wake up around 9ish
have breakfast
go to lectures/start studying/procrastinate
lunch at some point 12-3
go to lectures/start studying/procrastinate
dinner 5-6
go for evening walk
work if needs be
stay in chilling/go out (don't do it very often I'm a sado)
bed 11-1
stupid question as well, drinking during exam period perfectly acceptable right, I don;t mean getting wasted just having a beer during etc

Quick Reply

Latest