The Student Room Group

Anyone know how to tell if toy watch real or fake

heeeey,
thinking of buying a toy watch, but wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to tell if ones fake?

I can upload a photo of the one i might be buying if you can tell its fake :smile:
Reply 1
Upload the picture.
Reply 3
Original post by Feel My Love
Upload the picture.

how do i upload it from my computer?!
Original post by michroki
how do i upload it from my computer?!

Imageshack.us

Then post link.
Reply 5
Generally yes for someone like me who is really into watches then yes I can tell from a mile away. However if it's a decent fake then most people wont.
Reply 6
Reply 7
Original post by Law123mus
Generally yes for someone like me who is really into watches then yes I can tell from a mile away. However if it's a decent fake then most people wont.

check the links i posted to see what there like :smile:
Reply 8
check the links i posted to see what there like :smile:

Yeah actually that's a fairly decent fake, just don't let anyone stare at it too long lol.
Reply 9
Original post by Law123mus
Yeah actually that's a fairly decent fake, just don't let anyone stare at it too long lol.

how can ya tell there fake? I wanna know
Reply 10
Where are you buying it from?
Reply 11
Original post by badgerkins
Where are you buying it from?

ebaaay :smile: dont want to pay full price! looks like ill have to though
how can ya tell there fake? I wanna know

Firstly the glass looks cheap. Looks like its made of some sort of hardened plastic, or a cheap glass. It doesn't have a clear sharpness to it that you would get from chrystal. The numbers on the time bezel (the bit on the outside of the watch that turns) seem to be printed, rather than stamped and stained into the bezel. And the matirial the watch is made from looks a bit cheap. However like I said it is quite a decent fake, so you'll only be able to notice these things if you look at it for a while trying to find flaws. Otherwise it looks real.
Reply 13
Wow a fake complete with box :s-smilie:

Most of them don't really appeal to me but I like the Rolex submariner homage.
http://www.toywatchwatches.co.uk/men-s-watches/crystal/all-green-crystal-toywatch-2005grp.html

A lot more affordable :biggrin:
Reply 14
First one is real.

I got a toywatch, strap needs repairing though. :frown:
Reply 15
First one looks real...
Not that I know anything about it.
Reply 16
Original post by INTit
Wow a fake complete with box :s-smilie:

Most of them don't really appeal to me but I like the Rolex submariner homage.
http://www.toywatchwatches.co.uk/men-s-watches/crystal/all-green-crystal-toywatch-2005grp.html

A lot more affordable :biggrin:

that is a nicee watch!
Reply 17
Got a quick question about toy watches. Should the writing in the middle say "quartz" or "Quartz"?

:s-smilie:
Reply 18
are toy watches worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending