The Student Room Group

18 and still no sex!

I am a male and all you guys know how often we think about sex, problem is that I am not getting any. I am 18 and still a virgin, not by choice however. I go out clubbing the odd time and manage to pull a few women, but I haven't found myself in a situation where sex comes into the equation. Is this normal for someone my age?

Most of my friends have had sex, and I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am a virgin. I wouldn't say I was a bad looking bloke either. My question is, am I taking the wrong approach or will I just have to wait until I find a girlfriend?

I am very keen to 'get sexual', without sounding too weird haha, so any comments are appreciated! Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

You know what mate, you sound just like me from a year ago.

I was disillusioned and was starting to lose the plot due to lack of / not getting sex! I knew I was very good looking and popular with the girls, but it just wasnt happening and I just never knew what to think!

However, I looked in the mirror, grew a pair, and got on with it. I got a lot more cheekier, and then just got in there with a girl I'd sorta lured in.

Honestly, you'll probably get laid tomorrow without realising how you got there.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My question is, am I taking the wrong approach or will I just have to wait until I find a girlfriend?

I am very keen to 'get sexual', without sounding too weird haha, so any comments are appreciated! Thanks.

most likely, it can depend on the type of people you hang around with, but generally unless you're ridiculously good looking you won't be able to pull off dark and brooding so put yourself out there, get a bit more cocky, flirty and outgoing, and don't care what people think you'll do alright.

It's standard advice but it works
Reply 3
Original post by Drumzilla
most likely, it can depend on the type of people you hang around with, but generally unless you're ridiculously good looking you won't be able to pull off dark and brooding so put yourself out there, get a bit more cocky, flirty and outgoing, and don't care what people think you'll do alright.

It's standard advice but it works

Reminded me of Zoolander there! :tongue:

Right I think I know where my problem lies, as I said before without sounding too cocky I would consider myself easy on the eyes, but I probably don't send out the right signals. I shall grow a set and just get myself out there.

What do ladies think of this matter by the way? Not of me personally but would you turn your nose up and some casual sex if it was implied by a mate you had been flirty with?
Reply 4
Not referring to yourself as a 'bloke' might be a good place to start.
Reply 5
Original post by mau5
Not referring to yourself as a 'bloke' might be a good place to start.

Thanks for your valuable contribution, very constructive.
Reply 6
Thanks for your valuable contribution, very constructive.

Girls like humour. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Goodnight son.
Reply 7
wouldn't you rather have sex for the first time with a girl that you're in love with?
i really don't understand people that want to loose there virginity with some randomer from a club
Reply 8
You joined this site when you were seven?
Original post by Rossical
wouldn't you rather have sex for the first time with a girl that you're in love with?
i really don't understand people that want to loose there virginity with some randomer from a club
poof.

They prob would rather loose it to a girl they love, but dont have a choice, and also waiting to meet a girl you love could take years.
Reply 11
Reminded me of Zoolander there! :tongue:

Right I think I know where my problem lies, as I said before without sounding too cocky I would consider myself easy on the eyes, but I probably don't send out the right signals. I shall grow a set and just get myself out there.

What do ladies think of this matter by the way? Not of me personally but would you turn your nose up and some casual sex if it was implied by a mate you had been flirty with?

that right there is the solution to most of life's problems :cool:

Also on the latter part of your question, i wouldn't ask the girls here nor would i treat their replies seriously, girls here are quite different to most you'll meet, but in my experience if they find you attractive they are not adverse to it but that doesn't mean go all out on this one girl you've got in mind, play the field a bit.

Girls tend to begat other girls

p.s i now can't read my original post without hearing it said in his voice
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by awe

The Anonymous account is one big account set up by TSR I'd imagine, hence why there's nearly 300k posts under its name. Every anonymous post is under the same account technically.
Reply 13
Original post by awe

:lolwut: OP is Anonymous. Anyone can post here anonymously by choosing to post anon, if they don't want to identify themselves. it's not his actual account.
OP, do not mention to a girl you are a virgin. It will be counter productive
Reply 15
Original post by lonely14
:lolwut: OP is Anonymous. Anyone can post here anonymously by choosing to post anon, if they don't want to identify themselves. it's not his actual account.

:lolwut: Relax, thought going Anon was an option mainly for members (Formspring/Tumblr style) and merely hid profile details/username. No reason for a lolwut.
Reply 16
I wouldn't say it was a big deal to me to be honest. Just need a little more time to show them the ropes and whatnot, putting it in that sense.
Reply 17
I am a male and all you guys know how often we think about sex, problem is that I am not getting any. I am 18 and still a virgin, not by choice however. I go out clubbing the odd time and manage to pull a few women, but I haven't found myself in a situation where sex comes into the equation. Is this normal for someone my age?

Most of my friends have had sex, and I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am a virgin. I wouldn't say I was a bad looking bloke either. My question is, am I taking the wrong approach or will I just have to wait until I find a girlfriend?

You sound very familiar...

Because life isn't a Romcom with a 2/10 star rating on IMDb. Sex is sex, and it's good.
Reply 19
Original post by ucasisannoying
poof.

are you psychic? :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending