The Student Room Group

Kingston University alternative nightlife..

I've got a place at Kingston 2011 and I'm definitely going, Just wondering whether the local scene for hardcore or punk in general is quite strong.. I don't want to have to listen to R&B everytime I go out in town!

Anybody who goes here or lives in the area could you let me know so I know what to expect! Fanx. :tongue:
The main clubs (Hippodrome, Ama-gi, maybe Oceana) have indie/alternative nights and I think The Fighting Cocks is meant to be rock/metal. There's probz more, this is just what I can recall off the top of my head, I've not really looked into it =p
Also, it's 20-30 mins from centre of LDN where you'll defo be able to find alternative venues and gigs. You'll be able to find plenty.
Hope that helps =]
Been to a fair few gigs in Kingston, I think you'll be fine.
Original post by GlitterFairy92
The main clubs (Hippodrome, Ama-gi, maybe Oceana) have indie/alternative nights and I think The Fighting Cocks is meant to be rock/metal. There's probz more, this is just what I can recall off the top of my head, I've not really looked into it =p
Also, it's 20-30 mins from centre of LDN where you'll defo be able to find alternative venues and gigs. You'll be able to find plenty.
Hope that helps =]

Teehee! :colondollar:
Fighting Cocks is great for punk etc. Hippodrome has a good night every week, called 'new noise' if you're into that sort of thing.

Bacchus wine bar also.

It's quite a good party town, but it gets a bit old quickly.

Mill/Tun > Hippodrome/Bacchus starts to grate when it's like all you do. :P
There's McCluskys too...bit rough though

Oceana isn't just RnB, I spend most of my nights there in the cheese room :biggrin:
Reply 6
I have an offer to study Computing with Business at Kingston University, any clubs othe rthan the Hippodrome in Kington that I can go to, and is there a lot of shops in Kingston

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending