The Student Room Group

What new things have you experienced at uni? Fess up!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alt__x
This is where so many parents go wrong. Never giving their children alcohol for parties, or even worse, never letting them go to parties, never giving them any freedom, then they go to uni and go off the rails. It happens to so many.

This ^
I think I would have gone majorly off the rails at uni if I hadn't been allowed so much freedom when I was younger. Some people see going to uni as a chance for rebellion and a chance to do all the things they weren't allowed to at home. But as I've always been allowed to do more or less whatever I want at home, uni's been no big change and I've not lost any of my dignity by trying to go totally wild.
I'd LOVE to see the experiences of girls who went to uni and went completely mad because their parents have never given them freedom
Original post by Alt__x
This is where so many parents go wrong. Never giving their children alcohol for parties, or even worse, never letting them go to parties, never giving them any freedom, then they go to uni and go off the rails. It happens to so many.

conservative Asians.
my parents let me do what I want though, the thing is I've never had much confidence to do anything, I just hope I don't go mad at uni!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
When I graduate there are actually multiple career paths I can go down. Waitressing is not one I'm going down. I pity you if you think that humanities have no career prospects.

:troll:

Just leave it, obviously a troll :P.

Quote from him/her;

"all your unis are ****!"

Read his/her previous posts also.
Original post by AskMeAnything
:troll:

Just leave it, obviously a troll :P.

Quote from him/her;

"all your unis are ****!"

Read his/her previous posts also.

I can tell that it's a troll...

However I haven't had a good old argument in a while, so thought might as well :colone:
Made a suit out of mother******* paper. Top hat included.
Original post by vertigo.0012
Made a suit out of mother******* paper. Top hat included.

Pics or didn't happen.
Reply 107
Lol flashing your pussy about now that you're living away?
A scarily high amount of man-love.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Pics or didn't happen.

Reply 110
Learning.
Reply 111
I would be gutted if I went back to a girls and she was a virgin, I feel sorry for that guy
Original post by vertigo.0012

That's quite impressive! And may I say, what a beautiful face you have too :wink:
Original post by JCC-MGS
This thread shows why university is a valuable experience for all people and should be free.

This LOL :biggrin:
Im surprised at how many times all nighter comes up I would have thought people would be doing this earlier :p:
Reply 115
Original post by Billydodger
Im a girl btw...

-Learnt to ski
-learnt to pull interesting conversations out of my own ass in times of need with randomers.
-The inability to go to bed for the night before 12pm

^^ Definately one of mine aswell haha.

-Independence.
-Snogging 6 guys PER NIGHT on nights out (no joke)....no. of night out = about 10= ~60 guys snogged lol, yes people say I'm a slut. But am a virgin.
-Making up new combinations of going out outfits from a well used wardrobe
-Good cramming skills jus before an exam
-Acting aloof and nonchalant to be cool
-Coming up with nice but casual outfits everyday.

Haha. My max has been 3 in one night..
I learnt that a difference in price is greater than a difference in taste.
(saving money on **** pasta, is more satisfying than tasting good pasta knowing ive spent more on it.)
Original post by sir-lewis
I learnt that a difference in price is greater than a difference in taste.
(saving money on **** pasta, is more satisfying than tasting good pasta knowing ive spent more on it.)

Except with certain things...never again shall I have Aldi Butter, tasted like stuff I don't even want to think about spreading on my toast...
My list has nothing to do with getting with people as I have had a boyfriend for over a year :smile:

- Been paid money to do work for charity.
- Tried vodka jelly.
- Went into a complete stranger's house - once for a house party, the others for fundraising.
-Wondered around an incredibly dodgy council estate (metal barriers around the windows and stuff) in the dark.
- Some bloke offered me his t-shirt over the top of my dress when I was cold.
- Am now incapable of going to bed before 2am.
- Seen someone snort coke right next to me in a pub, and then I totally shocked him when I told him I didn't know how to roll a fag when he asked me to do it for him.
- Caught food poisoning.
- Introduced myself to a group of people when I was by myself, and then talked to them the whole night and am now good friends with of them.
- Travelled across the country after a night out.
- Done a pub crawl of 17 pubs.
Original post by HelloPoka

- snogged 11 different random guys on nights out (cringe)

You say you cringe but you done it 11 times?! Do you enjoy cringing?

Quick Reply

Latest