The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 Jan 2011 - Solutions in OP (Tue 12:00am)

I will upload my solutions to the C1 and C2 papers, 12:00 am Tue morning (If I am still awake!) if not it will be about 7:00am.

I will modify this opening post to attach the solutions, so that they are easy to find.

I will do solutions to C3/C4/S1/M1/M2/FP1 this session.

Please don't send me PM, just ask on the threads.

Good Luck!

Edit - I have now modified this post to include the solutions (AFTER THE DEADLINE PASSED!)
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

RIPPPPPP C111 :e:e:e:e:e:e

AND RAHU
Arseyyyy!!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
What about S2?
Reply 4
hehe thanks for doing this, hopefully i won't see the moment where I look at your solutions and go "oh ****, i've got it wrong" aiming for full raw marks in this unit :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by jit987
What about S2?

Well the exams that run in Jan are C1.C2.C3.C4.FP1.M1.M2.M3.S1.S2.D1 and given that arsey is doing C1.C2.C3.C4.FP1.M1.M2.S1 (8/11) i'm assuming he's a fan of pure maths and doesn't like stats (like me :biggrin: ) or he just doesn't have the time I guess.
Cheers, love you :biggrin:

Bring on the 3 hours Monday morning...
Reply 7
Original post by sohail.s
Well the exams that run in Jan are C1.C2.C3.C4.FP1.M1.M2.M3.S1.S2.D1 and given that arsey is doing C1.C2.C3.C4.FP1.M1.M2.S1 (8/11) i'm assuming he's a fan of pure maths and doesn't like stats (like me :biggrin: ) or he just doesn't have the time I guess.

Aww :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by jit987
What about S2?

I've never done S2 as we don't normally offer it. However, I do intend to go through it over the summer term for fun. I will try to sort out some solutions for it though.
Reply 9
Subscribed:wink:

I have 4 out of 5 exams to check this time:biggrin:
*subscribed*
:smile:
Original post by Arsey
I will upload my solutions to the C1 and C2 papers, 12:00 am Tue morning (If I am still awake!) if not it will be about 7:00am.

No chance you could post the solutions to C1 slightly earlier? Say...this evening? :biggrin:
Reply 12
how do edexcel work out UMS mark from the 75 raw marks avaliable. Is it simply the percentage or something else??
I don't get it.

is it just to compare our answers when we're done with the exams?
Reply 14
Original post by Arsey
I've never done S2 as we don't normally offer it. However, I do intend to go through it over the summer term for fun. I will try to sort out some solutions for it though.

Thanks
Reply 15
Original post by mfc1993DP
how do edexcel work out UMS mark from the 75 raw marks avaliable. Is it simply the percentage or something else??

Something else

The GOAL is to create an exam paper where for example 60/75 actual marks (raw marks) = 80% = 80 UMS
However papers vary a bit from session to session; sometimes a little harder, sometime a bit easier and very occassionally they get it massively wrong. For example, a mark of 53 in one paper in a January exam session might represent the same level of achievement as a mark of 49 in the following summer exam session.
To ensure consistency, after the exams are marked the examiners meet and analyse the paper against the assessment criteria and look at how students have performed. They then decide how the raw marks are to be translated to UMS. Grade boundaries are published at the same time as results and will show the minimum number of raw marks required for a specific UMS.
Original post by Arsey

I will modify this opening post to attach the solutions, so that they are easy to find.

I will do solutions to C3/C4/S1/M1/M2/FP1 this session.

Please don't send me PM, just ask on the threads.

Good Luck!

nice one..... im doing the same exams as you then...
although... no d1???
Yeah boy
Solutions please lol
Reply 19
Now! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest