The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yeah im doing this exam too, but looking at past papers and stuff i reckon this exam will lean heavily on sustainablity, which im nt very strong on...:s-smilie: what case studies do you have? i have the main ones like california and phillipines as well as haiti ect but nt that much more.
Revising by read the CGP book.

Hope the essay question 7 is a good one, do well with those essays compared to the other questions.

Case Studies I have:
California (earthquakes and wildfires)
Africa (climate change)
Arctic (climate change)
Philippines (disaster hot spot)
Bam, Iran (earthquake)
Armenia (earthquake)
Australia (bushfires)
UK/Spain/Poland (Migration)
China (Urbanisation)

and probably some others I can't remember XD
Reply 3
Remember, you have a choice at the end of 4 essays (7, 8, 9 and 10)!
So don't remember millions of Case Studies :smile:

Mine are ;
California and Philippines (High income and Low income Disaster Hotspots)
Impacts of Global Warming on Arctic and Africa.

A TNC company - Wal-Mart
Eastern European Migration
And Mediterranean flows of Migration.

Good luck everyone :smile:
So the exam is tomorrow and I don't feel like I know any of my case studies, but I have a question about the essay questions, 7 8 9 and 10.

How much do we need to write, provided that we are saying lots of concise facts to get full marks on them or near to full marks. I have had such a variety that I just don't know how much I am going to be able to write in the time!

Thanks
:s-smilie:
im doing this exam too
what does everyone think will come up on the globalisation question or the natural hazards question???

im hoping philippines! thats the only one i know D:
Original post by imsosuperman
im doing this exam too
what does everyone think will come up on the globalisation question or the natural hazards question???

im hoping philippines! thats the only one i know D:

I really hope its the Philippines but that has come up loads so it could be California. I think that there is likely to be something on roots as that hasn't really come up before and also maybe a bit on world cities.

What do you think about section B?
I hope California, not as good with the Philippines as with California, hopefully something vague such as 'Explain why one named location is a disaster hot spot,'
Reply 8
Original post by Charlesworth

I hope California, not as good with the Philippines as with California, hopefully something vague such as 'Explain why one named location is a disaster hot spot,'

what do you guys think about grade boundaries of this exam? Hoping for an A.
Reply 9
Good luck everyone! I did it last year and was just short of a B, so resitting to hopefully improve.

Not really sure on the questions!
Last year they asked how a tropical storm was formed and I completely didnt revise that :/ So expect anything to come.

Try and learn both Philippines and California so you can compare them as one is High Income and one is Low Income.

I cant remember a question about Globalisation involving around a pacific case study, so the ones we learnt were for the Section B if we chose to do that.

The first few questions are based on the resource booklet, so it shouldn't be too hard :smile:
Original post by tennisgirl1994
I really hope its the Philippines but that has come up loads so it could be California. I think that there is likely to be something on roots as that hasn't really come up before and also maybe a bit on world cities.

What do you think about section B?

im not sure really :O
i hope its a general question like... just about hazard hotspots
otherwise i hope there is a question on TNC's
what case studies do you know?
Reply 11
unofficial mark schemes could be posted by anyway after the exam?
Reply 12
Original post by Ke1vin
what do you guys think about grade boundaries of this exam? Hoping for an A.

If it helps, last Summer 69/90 was a A grade.
C grade was 59/90, with a B being in the middle.

In Jan 63 marks was a A, so it does vary, with C being 10 marks less.

So the difference between grades seems to be 5 marks.

A guess would be about 65-70 for a A grade. Hope that helps.
Reply 13

That would be a sweet question but doubt that will show up :frown:, i know the exam is an 1h and a half, but how long are we advised to spend on section B?
Reply 14
I would probably spend about 30mins on this Section myself :smile:
Reply 15
There might be a flood case study, as that has never come up at all
Reply 16
Anyway good luck to everyone!! take it easy!

Latest

Trending

Trending