The Student Room Group

How to become a doctor

If I didnt get into medicine is there any other way of become a doctor. For example could I do like a 3 years course and then another one which would last 2 years and this would give me a MBChB title?
nope. There's graduate entry after your first degree, but it's a lot harder to get into and largely has to be self funded.
No.
Reply 3
Either reapply for undergrad medicine courses or complete a degree and apply as a graduate. Graduate entry medicine courses are more competitive to get into and you have to fund the first year yourself but the NHS fund the rest if I recall correctly. Depending on when you started your degree by the time you finish the tuition fees could have gone up a lot more than they are currently with the cap being lifted from 2012 possibly.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Is that true that if I would do a 3 year Nursing course would that get me into medicine not from the beginning but from like the 3rd year?
Reply 5
Not true at all Im afraid.
To defeat disease, you must become disease. :colone:
Reply 7
Original post by Dinshky
Is that true that if I would do a 3 year Nursing course would that get me into medicine not from the beginning but from like the 3rd year?

No, you'd have to start from the beginning. (Either graduate med or undergraduate med).
Reply 8
Original post by + polarity -

What are you, homeopathy or what? :p:
Reply 9
Original post by Beska
What are you, homeopathy or what? :p:

Ah yes, but to be most effective you must become an almost imperceptible dilution of disease. Only then will true healing be at your fingertips :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Markh1000
Ah yes, but to be most effective you must become an almost imperceptible dilution of disease. Only then will true healing be at your fingertips :wink:

Ah yes, you're right, :getmecoat:
Speaking of Homeopathy:

This chap is so confident it's quackery he's willing to drink his own urine (kinda)

Get a PhD in "holistic nutrition" by correspondence from an American degree mill? Should last you about 10 years.

Has someone been watching live at the apollo.....?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

:sadnod:

:sadnod:
You cannot become a doctor. You must be born, bred, and be a doctor.
Here's the perfect combination of attributes and qualifications to become a doctor.

Amazing GCSE's
Amazing AS/A2 grades
Good work Experience
Extra Curricular activities
Being Asian ( Desirable)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending