The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9700
Original post by Colbert
Kanu is 38. Physical stats are obviously dire but First Touch 17, Dribbling 16 and Finishing 13 means he should still be able to do a job for a few minutes every week.

I thought we'd been over my setup before and you started a game ffs :colonhash: It's running faster than I anticipated so could probably add a few more next time I load up a longterm game, I only recently found out that FM only uses a max of 2GB of RAM though which seems a waste if you have anything more. Not sure what this means though :erm: Here's my lowest level setup:

England League 2
France Ligue 2
Germany Second Division
Italy Serie B
Portugal Liga ZON Sagres
Spain Liga Adelante

:rofl: I bet he still dominates League 1.

We have been over it before and I did start but in the frigging Russian league div 1. So I am going to do another in England after the other patch.

How were Chesterfield rated in League 2 when you started? As I want a challenge but nothing ridiculous.
Original post by Mess.
:rofl: I bet he still dominates League 1.

We have been over it before and I did start but in the frigging Russian league div 1. So I am going to do another in England after the other patch.

How were Chesterfield rated in League 2 when you started? As I want a challenge but nothing ridiculous.

Russian league is quite fun, the top teams have so much money in this one though so I guess it would be hard to break that up.

A lot of people in the challenge thread I'm on and in the SI Careers forum seem to end up at Chesterfield so they seem perennial underachievers. Midtable fodder at best, would have moved on last season but I quite like the squad I am building so stuck around although we lost on the opening day 4-1 so my time could be coming to an end :colonhash:
Reply 9702
I never have that many leagues tbf :hmmm:

For a career one i'll go England down to League 2 or Conference, Spain and Italy's top leagues and sometimes throw a Germany or a Holland into the mixer. My laptop's good but I really don't like waiting for **** to load, speed is crucial :pierre:
I'm currently running English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Argentinian and Brazilian leagues (most on default league setting).

Only using 2GB of ram is a bit of a downer... had an idea of trying to build a beast of a PC specifically for running every league on FM! Anyone have any ideas if its even possible, at a reasonable speed, and the best way to do a build for it?
Reply 9704
Original post by Eru Iluvatar

Only using 2GB of ram is a bit of a downer... had an idea of trying to build a beast of a PC specifically for running every league on FM! Anyone have any ideas if its even possible, at a reasonable speed, and the best way to do a build for it?

I've no idea how much you know about computers but FM will just be CPU intensive, so get the best CPU possible :smile:

Start of the next season now, board have told me they expect us to "learn from the experience of playing in the championship".

I think that means they don't think we've got a hope in hell :biggrin:

Signed Luis Garcia and some Argentinian bloke, luckily my wage budget has gone up over 50%!!! :biggrin:
My game hasn't been slow at all. In previous games you'd be sat there waiting for all the foreign results to come in and process but I am not getting that at all :dontknow:

Perhaps I have them all on minimum detail :holmes: Aha, yeah, I have match detail on none for every single league I am not involved in. Good times.
End of day breakdown:

Not had much time to play today, due to work. Peeved off with work permit issues, stopping me getting some great players with potential in.

Had a reasonable pre-season so far, 2-0 win over my reserves, 7-2 over Mons, a valiant 3-2 defeat to West Brom (i deserved a draw), and a run out for some trialists that finished 1-1 against Derry.

Sold 525k worth of players (Sandaza, Ankergren, El-Abd and Depetris)... still not spent much money... 75k on Sivebaek, and a load of frees (Djimi Traore, Davide Petrucci, Jason Roberts, Jeremy Helan, Sam Walker, Jacob Hronec)... Got the money to spend, and the wage budget, just not found the right players. Should probably be a bit less stingy with the wages i'm paying!

Still got a bid up for Rabusic (he's got a lot of interest), and Al-Shamrani... looking for a good worthwhile CM, and thats probably me sorted!
Reply 9707
Helan is pretty immense tbh.
Reply 9708
Major lol.

Chairman wanted me to sign a new contract, his initial offer was £1,500/week. I always take as little money as realistic so I negotiated down to £1,200/week. But the chairman went back up to £1,500/week and insisted I signed it! :tongue:
"Benfica and Porto have been made joint 7-4 favourites to win LIGA Sagres this season.

With prices for your team starting at 2000-1..."

:indiff:
Reply 9710
I'll put a cheeky fiver on you Marcus :teehee:
Reply 9711
Original post by Eru Iluvatar
I'm currently running English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Argentinian and Brazilian leagues (most on default league setting).

Computers can handle it (mine can do it, albeit very slowly - will do a holidayed season in about 16-24 hours) but the game itself doesn't like it, which SI employees have admitted in the past (and for previous titles in the series). To put it simply, if you try it you'll VERY quickly learn to get in the habit of saving before and after every match you play, because the game will crash. A lot. Particularly when jumping to/from the match engine.

In my experience the more playable leagues you've got, the more likely the game will crash, but the game appears to remain stable (but slow) when you've got leagues set to view-only.
Reply 9712
I'm currently going through a horrible patch. None of my players are playing well besides like 3. I was in the relegation zone for a while and I think this season has been a pretty big FAIL. But there is still time to recover I think.. Wish me luck!
New season has started to crumble, failing in the first four games. Just going to keep playing until they replace me :mmm:
Reply 9714
All is well with Blackpool. Maor Buzaglo seems a gem of a signing, i last bought him in FM09 or 08. In the past 2 years he's made his International debut IRL and had a name change from Bozaglo to Buzaglo!
My time with Chesterfield is coming to and end, looking forward to the change of scenery. Dominated a game with 17 shots and 4 clear cut chances compared to their 1 shot and zero clear cut chances. They obviously beat me 1-0 :facepalm2:
Original post by Colbert
New season has started to crumble, failing in the first four games. Just going to keep playing until they replace me :mmm:

thats happened to me now, predicted to come 6th in the championship, 4st 4 games lost, plus the club now has a new board

wouldn't mind being sacked and moving to a new club
Original post by zxh800
All is well with Blackpool. Maor Buzaglo seems a gem of a signing, i last bought him in FM09 or 08. In the past 2 years he's made his International debut IRL and had a name change from Bozaglo to Buzaglo!

Israel seem to have a lot of highly impressive players for all levels - Arsenal signed Buzaglo on my Salisbury save while I had Nir Mantsur while I was in L1/CC.

On my current Real Massama save I have a RB called Tal Tobim (think he's a regen though).
Original post by robinson999
thats happened to me now, predicted to come 6th in the championship, 4st 4 games lost, plus the club now has a new board

wouldn't mind being sacked and moving to a new club

I don't have the heart to quit so am waiting for the board to get fed up with me :emo:
Been managing Chelsea and got to the 2018/19 season and the board announced the club are moving to a new stadium named Zola stadium.

Latest