The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society

You've reached 10,000 posts in the old thread (it's been going for more than four years!), so it's time to close it. The old thread can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=449644

So, you can now use this thread to hat about what's clearly the best sport to your heart's content! :biggrin:

While I'm here, I think this forum's been missing an official tennis society for a long time - so we've got one now. View the social group homepage here and click here to join!

-----
This thread has been featured on the TSR New and now page - home of the top content on TSR
-----
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ferrer I fear, however, may choke. And the headlines if Murray wins will be completely OTT!
Reply 2
Original post by sango
Ferrer I fear, however, may choke. And the headlines if Murray wins will be completely OTT!

I personally hope Ferrer does choke. If Murray wins and the media hype it Murray will choke in the final, he plays better in Australia than Wimbledon as there is far less hype until he reaches the later stages.
I posted the most in the last thread!

I win :cool::colondollar:

I've got a feeling Murray's going to choke in the semi tomorrow. I'm predicting a Ferrer vs Djok final with Djok prevailing in 3 or 4 sets on Sunday.
I think Djokovic has got this won. He is playing some very good tennis.

Ferrer is not an easy opponent if he plays the same way against Nadal (even if he was injured). However I fear he will choke knowing that there's a place in the final at stake. I'd rather see a Murray vs. Djokovic final as a neutral though.
Reply 5
Am hoping for a Murray win - this is going to be hist best chance for a major in a while.
Reply 6
Yay, new thread :jiggy:

Didn't expect neither Rafa nor Roger to make the final! :eek: Djokovic looking good, and way better than Murray/Ferrer so I think he'll win it.

On the women's side, Clijsters will should win it :wink:
Oh god, the thought of Murray winning makes me feel sick...I'd have to ban myself from all newspapers and televisions for at least a month! We'd never hear the end of it. And all those ghastly Murray fans...
No, this is Djokovic's time to win. At least now Fed's out my nerves won't suffer so much on Sunday!
Reply 8
Murray's going to be bloody nervous today and it could be fatal I fear. Ferrer on the other hand has the incentive of being the guy perpetually written off and forgotten about. Murray's still the likely victor but Ferrer could wear him down before the final.
Reply 9
Original post by white_haired_wizard
I posted the most in the last thread!

I win :cool::colondollar:

I've got a feeling Murray's going to choke in the semi tomorrow. I'm predicting a Ferrer vs Djok final with Djok prevailing in 3 or 4 sets on Sunday.

It took time but we made it :smile:

If you purely counted tennis posts i'd have won just you used to spam the thread fighting with antics trying to hook up with Zany, pathetic :cool:
Murray's got more than a wee shot at the title now he's in the final.

He's got more of a chance against Djokovic than he would have had against Federer or Nadal but he'll still be the underdog I think.
Original post by rockrunride
Murray's got more than a wee shot at the title now he's in the final.

He's got more of a chance against Djokovic than he would have had against Federer or Nadal but he'll still be the underdog I think.

I agree - I'd put Djokovic as favourite but am hoping that Murray will do it. :yep:
You'd have to put Djokovic as favourite tbh. Murray's going to be shattered after that match - that was brutal. And Djok has the extra days rest whereas Murray only has one day.

I really thought Murray was going to go out in 3 set straights today but then he pissed all over Ferrer in the 2nd set tie break and from there it looked 50:50. 3rd set was straightforward and the 4th set was a big battle until Murray again made light work of Ferrer in the tie-break. Murray was simply too passive and not aggressive enough in the first two sets.

I do hope exhaustion/fatigue or injury does not hamper Murray on Sunday. Looking forward to it but I'm predicting Djok to win in perhaps 4 sets. The way he's been throughout the tournament and vs Federer, he'll be ridiculously high on confidence atm.
Original post by Economist
It took time but we made it :smile:

If you purely counted tennis posts i'd have won just you used to spam the thread fighting with antics trying to hook up with Zany, pathetic :cool:

I didn't spam that much. Neither of them knew a thing about tennis tbh. This thread is for the richer now they've done one and left experts like WHW to do the talking :cool:

Murray was so close to being knocked out today. That awesome serve on set point down in the second set. Had he lost that point and set, couldn't have seen him coming back in winning the next 3 sets tbh.

The margins between success and failure, eh. I'm predicting Djok to win on Sunday in 4 sets.
Reply 14
Really great to see murray getting to another final, I hope that he won't choke win his first grand slam.

Anyone know what time it starts on sunday!?
Original post by whisperings
Oh god, the thought of Murray winning makes me feel sick...I'd have to ban myself from all newspapers and televisions for at least a month! We'd never hear the end of it. And all those ghastly Murray fans...
No, this is Djokovic's time to win. At least now Fed's out my nerves won't suffer so much on Sunday!

Be a different story if he was English?

Really, no English person has the right to talk about the hype Andy Murray get's. What was that? World Cup Winners 2010? Atleast he actually get's to finals.

Ewww, I just realised your one of those ignorant Federer Fangirls.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
looking forward to the final. Really have no idea who will win. Djokovic has to be slight favourite but its too close to call. Murray needs to play better than he did today though and he needs to actually hit through the ball, he looks like a completely different player when he does rather than just get the ball in and chase after things 10ft behind the baseline hoping the other player will miss
Really looking forward to the final on Sunday. Should be quite close, i think. Hoping Murray will do it in 4. I sort of get the feeling that if he doesn't win a slam this year, then he never will, and this will be his best opportunity with no Nadal or Federer.
http://yfrog.com/0bws5z

Jamie Murray posted this on twitter this morning. Don't think i've laughed as much in a while!
I am also looking forward to the final. It's should be pretty close really since both players have been playing some good stuff. However from what I've seen of the two of them in the tournament Djokovic looks slightly better and has been more consistent. I think Murray has had a few more dips in play.

Hopefully we get a good women's final as well, which is somewhat of a rarity at slams. As much as I like Clijsters, I would like to see Li finally breakthrough on the big stage.

Latest