The Student Room Group

The tube.. one hour later

Not sure if this has been mentioned...

Currently first Underground trains arrive at central London stations at around 6am on Saturdays and 7:30am on Sundays; last trains depart from the West End on Friday and Saturday nights at around 12.30am.

Under the proposal we would make all these times one hour later: first trains would arrive at central London stations at around 7am on Saturdays and 8:30am on Sundays; last trains would depart from the West End on Friday and Saturday nights at around 1:30am.

The start and finish times of the Underground on all other days would remain as they are now.

This should affect a large number of us. Did anyone participate in the survey? I think this would hugely benefit all of us, with our drinking and what-not.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/initiatives-projects/onehourlater/index.shtml
Reply 1
yeah, its a good move, I think I did participate in the poll.
To be honest that wouldnt benefit me at all, because nightbuses are more regular and cheaper. plus when do you leave a good night out on a Friday/Saturday before 1:30am?! im usually bopping away till at least 3.

ollie :biggrin:
Reply 3
im usually bopping away till at least 3.

I completely agree. Central London nightclubs tend to close later than those in Greater London, and getting the tube back would only be possible on a 24 hour service.
Most nightbuses are routed to follow tube lines anyway - the N155, my nightbus home, runs from Aldwych to Morden Station, following the Nothern line from Charing Cross southbound, meaning that those living in Oval, Elephant and Castle or even South Wimbledon can get this bus home in lieu of the tube.
Plus, most nightbuses run about as fast as tubes. I get off at the end of the line (N155) and it takes 45 mintues to get home, only 10 minutes longer than the tube.
I feel that the move later would be devastating for those who work anyway - the rush hour would be even more packed and could be detrimental to businesses.
And nightbuses, I feel, are much safer than tubes, as you can easily alert the bus driver, compared with just dying on the tube...
Reply 4
It's allll about the 176!
Reply 5
Diachrom
And nightbuses, I feel, are much safer than tubes, as you can easily alert the bus driver, compared with just dying on the tube...

:eek:

oh, btw, were you at the party last night?
Long live the N5...

But now that I bought a Vespa, I needn't worry about any of this..
Reply 7
I commute by National Rail services. They still work on the presumption that being in London after 11:37 PM is the source of all evil.
tommorris
I commute by National Rail services. They still work on the presumption that being in London after 11:37 PM is the source of all evil.

Count your blessings! I've known services to stop before 11pm!
My train stops at 1am. Eat my dust.

Latest

Trending

Trending