The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by B-Man.
And your not coming back?

No, I'm not coming back.
Original post by B-Man.
Why are you leaving if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all; I don't actually spend that much time on here anymore; a lot of my replies link to old posts I've made - and thats the point. The little time I do spend on here is pretty useless. It's pretty boring debunking 'Hamas wants a two state solution' or some other frequently made claim. And it's pretty ridiculous when, without naming anyone, debaters are now engaged in discussions about 'Jews', posting images for the sheer reason of appealing to emotion, talking about Hamas having a 'right' to do what it does - and I could go on but there is no need.

I've got a job, I go to uni and I have friends - I have far better debates in doing those things than on TSR (leaving aside the reading I do). Oh, and I don't get incessantly accused of being a Jew because its plain to all who see me that I'm not.* The little time I spend on here now would be far better spent on other things. Why March? Because I feel I should do some more modding before I leave and thats when the 'exam season' starts.

*Edit
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8062
Original post by Folderol
Not at all; I don't actually spend that much time on here anymore; a lot of my replies link to old posts I've made - and thats the point. The little time I do spend on here is pretty useless. It's pretty boring debunking 'Hamas wants a two state solution' or some other frequently made claim. And it's pretty ridiculous when, without naming anyone, debaters are now engaged in discussions about 'Jews', posting images for the sheer reason of appealing to emotion, talking about Hamas having a 'right' to do what it does - and I could go on but there is no need.

I've got a job, I go to uni and I have friends - I have far better debates in doing those things than on TSR (leaving aside the reading I do). Oh, and I don't get incessantly accused of being a Jew because its plain to all who see me that I'm not.* The little time I spend on here now would be far better spent on other things. Why March? Because I feel I should do some more modding before I leave and thats when the 'exam season' starts.

*Edit

Seen as your finally leaving I have to ask, what is your ethnicity?
Original post by B-Man.
Seen as your finally leaving I have to ask, what is your ethnicity?

You've actually managed to prove my point. My ethnicity is what I have always said it is.
Original post by B-Man.
Iranian?
[Edit]I haven't been around here as long as the others, I genuinley don't know.[Edit]

I'll PM you, there is no need to spam this place.
Reply 8065
Original post by B-Man.
I am looking to read up on the origins of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Is there any books that you would recommend?

Not purely Israel-Palestine, but "The Arab-Israeli Conflict" by Ian Bickerton.

It's a history, about 200 pages I think. I wouldn't say it's biased, it's pretty impartial and factual. Therefore a bit boring, but good for some background.

Also I would say that to understand the Israel-Palestine conflict, you have to understand a little about the wider regional politics.
Reply 8066
I'll PM you, there is no need to spam this place.

Aw, I'm sad that you're going. You're one of the better posters here. TSR might seem ridiculous, but I always thought that was the fun of it :biggrin:
Reply 8067
Israel Rules
Palestine Sucks

Did we need 8000 posts to determine this?
Reply 8068
Original post by aws
Israel Rules
Palestine Sucks

Did we need 8000 posts to determine this?

Where were you five years ago?
Reply 8069
Original post by ma3eeni
Where were you five years ago?

fighting the good fight in Jerusalem only just got out
Reply 8070
Original post by aws
fighting the good fight in Jerusalem only just got out

If Tupac had succeeded in killing the illuminati, you wouldn't even be allowed in Jerusalem, we know what you found under Al-Aqsa - the name is not coincidental.
Reply 8071
Whilst Israeli Arabs enjoy far greater rights than many minorities across the world, I still think it's wrong to portray them as being completely normal Israeli citizens. There is some discrimination, though much of it is on an individual rather than an institutionalised state level. But Israeli Arabs still have lower economic prospects etc, and some of that does originate from racism.

Also, this isn't only the case for Muslim Arabs, but also for Shepardic Jews.

--------------

Also, I LOVE your quote in your sig about Kuwait. Do you really think Iraq 1 was about protecting the state sovereignty of some monarchical government controlling a land mass smaller than New Jersey :rolleyes:

And Iraq (and the whole region) would be better off if it were still under Saddam :eek: yep I said it.

It's funny how the right wing now try to appeal to ideals (some of them at least), whilst the left are the realists. It's all inverted. But seriously, how was starting a civil war in Iraq and destabillising Sunni-Shi'a relations throughout the region a positive??? No-one likes Saddam Hussein, and no-one is here to defend him. America is a lot better than Hussein, even if they caused more deaths, no doubt about it. But what they have started in Iraq has not ended yet, and it's having seriously dangerous effects.

Unless you take the slightly more radical line that they want them all to fight each other forevermore, then it wasn't what they wanted.

Also btw the Democrats voted overwhelmingly for Iraq 1 I don't think there were more than a handful of votes against it. It was, after all, massively in US interests.

I'm not really anti-American, but seriously, let's get some realism together.

Sorry for going on about really random things, but that quote really pissed me off XD
Reply 8072
It's quite the zionist love in tonight. I assume you are all going to work for Yedda or AoL Answers or whatever it's called these days? They're going to make a comedy about it called "CARRY ON DELETING" or was it "CARRY ON DENYING".
Original post by bj_945
Not purely Israel-Palestine, but "The Arab-Israeli Conflict" by Ian Bickerton.

It's a history, about 200 pages I think. I wouldn't say it's biased, it's pretty impartial and factual. Therefore a bit boring, but good for some background.

I found this book a bit too basic and he doesn't seem to say anything new which was a bit of a let down. I'd definitely agree with the bold :p:
Reply 8074
I found this book a bit too basic and he doesn't seem to say anything new which was a bit of a let down. I'd definitely agree with the bold :p:

The whole conflict is a bit of a snooze.
Original post by bj_945
And Iraq (and the whole region) would be better off if it were still under Saddam :eek: yep I said it.

I completely agree, sure more kurds would of most likely died but the country was somewhat secular... now it is full of extremists.
Original post by ma3eeni
The whole conflict is a bit of a snooze.

Yeah Israel needs to invade a country, Lebanon would be a good one again :tongue: just for the funzies :colondollar:
Reply 8076
Original post by tehFrance
I completely agree, sure more kurds would of most likely died but the country was somewhat secular... now it is full of extremists.

Plus the tensions between Sunni and Shia are really dangerous.

Yeah Israel needs to invade a country, Lebanon would be a good one again :tongue: just for the funzies :colondollar:

Hell, why not Egypt :colone:
The Israeli film industry is doing quite well in recent years, which I always find a bit ironic as many successful Israeli films are based on the Israeli/Arab conflict.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4025938,00.html

The original version stirred quite a controversy in Israel, but I don't think it will have the same effect in the US.
Original post by bj_945

What utter nonsense. Crawl back under your rock, you Ba'athist-sympathising oaf.
Original post by CODKING
It's quite the zionist love in tonight. I assume you are all going to work for Yedda or AoL Answers or whatever it's called these days? They're going to make a comedy about it called "CARRY ON DELETING" or was it "CARRY ON DENYING".

Posts are deleted based on rules. And just to tell you again: I have not deleted or warned a single post of yours. :smile:

And I'm just curious, when you say 'denying' - is that a reference to my supposed Jewish ethnicity?

Latest

Trending

Trending