The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Best UCL/Intercollegiate Halls!

So i am looking for halls that are catered, great social life and standard sort of rooms?
Oh and a walk to UCL thats no more than 10/15 mins :smile:
Which halls would you recommend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sarahwallwork
So i am looking for halls that are catered, great social life and standard sort of rooms?
Oh and a walk to UCL thats no more than 10/15 mins :smile:
Which halls would you recommend?

Ramsay is probally the most social of the catered halls, not sure how near it is though.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Ramsay is like a 5-10 min walk.
Reply 3
The only other non-intercollegiate halls apart from Ramsay is Ifor Evans in Camden which is too far away for you so probably just think about whether you want to be with other university students or not, price, possibility of ensuite etc to help decide :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lolololol
The only other non-intercollegiate halls apart from Ramsay is Ifor Evans in Camden which is too far away for you so probably just think about whether you want to be with other university students or not, price, possibility of ensuite etc to help decide :smile:

i don't mind being in intercollegiate, i just wondered what people have preferred in the past :smile:
i have no need for an ensuite and stuff either!
Reply 5
Original post by Sarahwallwork
i don't mind being in intercollegiate, i just wondered what people have preferred in the past :smile:
i have no need for an ensuite and stuff either!

My boyfriend was in intercollegiate halls last year, Canterbury Hall, and he thought it was fine but not that sociable because he was put in a hallway with just him and one other person in it! I guess that was just bad luck though. My friends that went to Ramsay seemed to really like it and thought it was quite sociable :smile:
Reply 6
Hughes Parry/ Canterbury/Commonwealth are all intercollegiate, catered halls with a 5-10 minute walk away from UCL...
Commonwealth is the only one that does food on the weekends though.
Reply 7
Original post by Smeh
Hughes Parry/ Canterbury/Commonwealth are all intercollegiate, catered halls with a 5-10 minute walk away from UCL...
Commonwealth is the only one that does food on the weekends though.

Well, that's not true. It's only Canterbury that doesn't do food on the weekend. Half of Canterbury go to Commonwealth to eat on weekends, then the other half go to Hughes Parry for food.
Reply 8
Original post by BryonieIV
Well, that's not true. It's only Canterbury that doesn't do food on the weekend. Half of Canterbury go to Commonwealth to eat on weekends, then the other half go to Hughes Parry for food.

Oh right woops :colondollar:
I always did think it never got packed at Commonwealth seeing as there were 3 halls to feed...
Reply 9
Original post by Smeh
Oh right woops :colondollar:
I always did think it never got packed at Commonwealth seeing as there were 3 halls to feed...

Ahh yeah, unfortunately I'm the side of Canterbury that has to go to Hughes Parry. Which has a queue outside the door on weekends for food. They can't fit everyone in. :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by BryonieIV
Ahh yeah, unfortunately I'm the side of Canterbury that has to go to Hughes Parry. Which has a queue outside the door on weekends for food. They can't fit everyone in. :redface:

Aww no! Can't you sneak into Commonwealth or do you need a card or something?
There's generally always somewhere to sit here...and especially now it's reading week it's dead :emo:
Reply 11
What is Connaught Hall like?
Reply 12
Original post by Smeh
Aww no! Can't you sneak into Commonwealth or do you need a card or something?
There's generally always somewhere to sit here...and especially now it's reading week it's dead :emo:

I'd love to try. All of my friends are from the other side of the hall, so I have no one to eat with on weekends. So I just don't really eat hall food on weekends.

I know of someone who tried it but they got kicked out and barred and someone announced: "everyone with green cards please leave". So they did find out this was happening! :frown:

I'm a bit too scared to try it. :redface:
Just out of interest, do hughes parry and comonwealth have mixed floors?
Reply 14
Original post by Waterstorm

I know Commonwealth does... Not sure about HP though.
I got stuck on an all girls floors :emo:
Original post by Smeh
I know Commonwealth does... Not sure about HP though.
I got stuck on an all girls floors :emo:

And what halls are you in?
Reply 16
And what halls are you in?

Commonwealth :smile:
Ok, awesome. Cheers.
Reply 18

I think Hughes Parry might have single sex floors. I was at someone's room there once and they were on an all boys floor and they had to share a shower/toilet room with the whole floor too. I'd really hate that!
Reply 19
Can you write that you'd prefer a single sex floor on your application? And if the floor is mixed do girls and boys share the same bathrooms/showers? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending