The Student Room Group

'Tuna Tikka Masala': Awful things you've eaten out of sheer desperation/laziness.

I think we've all been there: Haven't gone shopping in a while. Can't be arsed. End up making the most disgusting, pathetic excuse for food you could ever imagine. Eat about a mouthful and throw it out, feeling like a total slob and a failure at life.

Hooray!

Ok so here are some of my horrific contributions:

+

= something even blander and more depressing than Supernoodles. Didn't know it was possible!

+

DOES NOT EQUAL a chocolate digestive. Note to self: Next time, just get off your arse and go to the shop for a pack of biscuits. Trust me.

(On a happier note, Nutella + salted tortilla chips DOES = delicious. Try it!)

+

=
An absolute crime against humanity. (Don't worry, I didn't even eat this one)

So let's all share our horrific abominations of food, the things Gordon Ramsay would commit murder over, the grim concotions you thought you would never speak of again ... until now.

Scroll to see replies

Worst I've seen, and eaten:

Fried egg on pasta. Banging.
Reply 2

+

+

My stomach still hurts.
Reply 3
Toast + Ketchup (actually not that bad)
Spaghetti + Ketchup (ditto)
Rice Krispies and natural yogurt - don't even know why tbh.

On another note, best sandwich ever made = sausage, potatoe waffles, mushy peas and egg. Sounds grim. Tastes good. True story.
I'm not sure whether there's Sarsi over in the UK (it's a soda-version of root beer. Call it the Coca Cola of root beer.). Once in this camp I went for, I accidentally poured a whole can of it over my rice during dinner. Had to eat the whole plate or risk going hungry for the whole night. And mind you, we were out in the jungle for the whole afternoon.

Root beer over rice? BLEAAAAARGH. Could be worse than live worms.

Safe to say I have never gone near root beer ever since.
Reply 5
Original post by CapnHooch
Banana-con-carne cheesecake

All at the same time? Like ... mixed together?

I'm both horrified and impressed. :biggrin:
Is this really not a TotoMimo thread!?

I dunno but someone on Come Dine With Me made a lasagne dessert.
Reply 7
My boyfriend used to cook me 'crunch rice' when I went to stay with him. It was rice, not cooked all the way through, mixed with every herb/spice he had in the cupboard. Usually eaten out of the pan it was made in possibly using a wooden spoon because he had no cutlery or plates.
Reply 8
Original post by fran.ha
My boyfriend used to cook me 'crunch rice' when I went to stay with him. It was rice, not cooked all the way through, mixed with every herb/spice he had in the cupboard. Usually eaten out of the pan it was made in possibly using a wooden spoon because he had no cutlery or plates.

LOL, that is awful!

I've had cheesy rice, not very good.
But then some of my best recipes have been made in this impromptu way e.g. my special faux risotto :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by floskii
All at the same time? Like ... mixed together?

I'm both horrified and impressed. :biggrin:

Yep, when you have the whole day free, bad things happen.
Probably six pieces of toast smothered in margarine. :yes:
Reply 11
floskii + Totomimo = made for each other.

I would pos-rep the OP but I have no rep left today :frown:

I'll be back tomorrow :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
I went camping with two mates. We went to lidls and saw this big foil bowl thing. We thought it would be amazing if we filled it up with two packets of nachos, two packs of cheese and then a jar of salsa all over the top! My mate had a stove so we thought we would just chuck it on and heat it up :p:

(Pic below)

But unfortunately it just set on fire :frown: (The remaining nachos tasted all smokey as well).

(edited 13 years ago)
group of mates when to walk off a hangover by a river, no food in the house.... Ended up finding 5 bags of bacon bits washed up, only slightly out of date and smelling okish.... Hmmm we thought, fry the f#@* out of it then curry! Was pretty salty but we didn't die! Hurrah! Also tried fried peach halves, dont remember what it tasted like, jews ear (a jelly fungus) it exploded and stuck to the ceiling whilst frying, and a mushroom I was pretty sure was edible but resulted in a fairly weird few hours sweating and drooling by the phone.... On a brighter note I discovered bolletes - another wild mushroom, they turn purple and then green and yellow when fried and taste amaizing! Just dont use garlic with it.

Another tasty cheap one is spicy macral in tommato with couscous!

Also me and mate went camping on the other side of the country by bus when we were 15, no real food or cash. We bought square frozen burgers and tried frying them on a rusty bit of metal, also ran out of water and were drinking stream water that turned out to be from a sewage works.... After that the only thing left to do was mix undiluted ribena with cuppasoup powder and drink that...we came home after 3 days...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by soutioirsim
I went camping with two mates. We went to lidls and saw this big foil bowl thing. We thought it would be amazing if we filled it up with two packets of nachos, two packs of cheese and then a jar of salsa all over the top! My mate had a stove so we thought we would just chuck it on and heat it up :p:

(Pic below)

But unfortunately it just set on fire :frown: (The remaining nachos tasted all smokey as well).

You were surely stoned for this to occur?
Reply 15
Original post by SillyRodent
Is this really not a TotoMimo thread!?

:rofl: I thought this too... where is TotoMimo?!

TotoMimo
x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
I have eaten a whole loaf of sliced bread at once because I was so lazy. *ashamed*
This thread is making me feel quite sick.
It's already been said, but tortilla chips and nutella, also mixed with some tomato pasta sauce. At the time I thought the sauce could be like, the salsa you'd have with nachos, but that didn't really go to plan, and then I decided to dip the tortilla chips in nutella instead. All washed down with some jelly and tequila. What on earth was I thinking.. :rolleyes:

TotoMimo should be here. :p:
Reply 19
Original post by Peterleethompson
group of mates when to walk off a hangover by a river, no food in the house.... Ended up finding 5 bags of bacon bits washed up, only slightly out of date and smelling okish.... Hmmm we thought, fry the f#@* out of it then curry! Was pretty salty but we didn't die! Hurrah! Also tried fried peach halves, dont remember what it tasted like, jews ear (a jelly fungus) it exploded and stuck to the ceiling whilst frying, and a mushroom I was pretty sure was edible but resulted in a fairly weird few hours sweating and drooling by the phone.... On a brighter note I discovered bolletes - another wild mushroom, they turn purple and then green and yellow when fried and taste amaizing! Just dont use garlic with it.

Another tasty cheap one is spicy macral in tommato with couscous!

Also me and mate went camping on the other side of the country by bus when we were 15, no real food or cash. We bought square frozen burgers and tried frying them on a rusty bit of metal, also ran out of water and were drinking stream water that turned out to be from a sewage works.... After that the only thing left to do was mix undiluted ribena with cuppasoup powder and drink that...we came home after 3 days...

Haha! How are you still alive? :biggrin:

Also, do you mean mackerel? :tongue:

One of the worst/laziest things I've eaten has to be tinned sardines with tinned peas for dinner - not a good combination! Or once when I was very tired, I had a can of baked beans, straight from the can. :redface: Usually I make myself cook though .

Quick Reply