The Student Room Group

Ayone else got rejected when playing spin the bottle?

There was a thread last night about people playing spin the bottle and it brought back my own unhappy memories of this game. I was at a University party in Halls and we decided to play STB. A bit sad for 18-19 year olds I know. Anyway I'd never kissed a girl before so I was a bit worried, but decided to play anyway. It got to my turn to spin and the (lucky?) girl refused to kiss me! I can't tell you how humiliated I felt at the time - it seemed like everyone was kissing each other, so why not me - and I just left the party.

A long time has passed since then, but I still wonder WHY she refused to kiss me. I'd also like to know if anyone else has had this experience and how they felt about it.

Scroll to see replies

Never. :smug:
I feel bad that I burst out laughing upon reading the thread title now.
Reply 3
I believe the answer to why she turned down your advances lies with your mirror.
Reply 4
i reject everyone. +1 for being frigid.
You're ugly or have a hygiene problem, ask your mates about it and tell them to be honest with you.
Reply 6
Ouch..
I know there's always that person who you pray it doesn't land on..maybe you just weren't to her tastes..
Reply 7
lmao
Reply 8
Do you ever relive it when you let your mind wander, and it feels like you've been kicked in the stomach?

never had this exact thing happen, but have been told "no ****ing chance, **** off you bellend" when I tried to join a game that was starting at a house party in 6th Form. Had to stay while they played too because my mate's dad was my ride home the next morning.

Felt good.
Reply 9
its the simple fact that you were worse looking than she is.

oh and girls like to reject guys because it boosts their own ego
Reply 10
Original post by Wilzyy
Ouch..
I know there's always that person who you pray it doesn't land on..maybe you just weren't to her tastes..

But then why play the game! As a girl can you think of reasons why she would have said no? Be honest, I mean it was a long time ago, but it's a mystery I'd like to clear up.

My own theory would be that I had difficulties getting girls to take me seriously in a sexual way. They seemed to think I was 'cute' as if I was a little kid or something.
Original post by Mick Travis
There was a thread last night about people playing spin the bottle and it brought back my own unhappy memories of this game. I was at a University party in Halls and we decided to play STB. A bit sad for 18-19 year olds I know. Anyway I'd never kissed a girl before so I was a bit worried, but decided to play anyway. It got to my turn to spin and the (lucky?) girl refused to kiss me! I can't tell you how humiliated I felt at the time - it seemed like everyone was kissing each other, so why not me - and I just left the party.

A long time has passed since then, but I still wonder WHY she refused to kiss me. I'd also like to know if anyone else has had this experience and how they felt about it.

LOL u must be ugly
pics or GTFO

I've never played before :frown:
Reply 13
Maybe she isn't used to these kind of things. Could have been a first for her, so nerves may have gotten to her. If you know the girl, then it is kind of weird. As others have mentioned, maybe you were not to her taste. She really shouldn't be playing if the bottle doesn't go her way.
I've always been rejected, but I haven't actually played since leaving Primary School.
Reply 15
Original post by Lewroll
pics or GTFO

I've never played before :frown:

Is that addressed at me. I don't have a pic of the occasion, it was YEARS ago. I just got reminded of it because of a thread last night. There is a pic in my profile, if you're obsessed.
Reply 16
post a picture of yourself so we can decide
I have.. :frown: And the worst bit was that I really liked the guy, and he didn't reject anyone else!!!! Lol facepalm :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Mick Travis
But then why play the game! As a girl can you think of reasons why she would have said no? Be honest, I mean it was a long time ago, but it's a mystery I'd like to clear up.

My own theory would be that I had difficulties getting girls to take me seriously in a sexual way. They seemed to think I was 'cute' as if I was a little kid or something.

Say there's 10 people playing. You fancy/would kiss 5/10..that's reason enough to play.
Um, so yeah.. maybe she just didn't fancy you. Anyway, this was 10 years ago?? You should get over it..
Reply 19
Original post by IGX_RSV2
post a picture of yourself so we can decide

There's a picture in my profile.

I'm guessing here, but she was 19, I was 18 but probably looked 14-15. I just wonder if she was freaked out.

By the way she wasn't the bashful type who didn't want to play. I think she was happy to kiss all the other guys.

Quick Reply

Latest