The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh College of Art INTERVIEWS?

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had any news back i.e interviews/rejections from ECA for 2011/2012?

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep, I have just received an e-mail this morning :smile:

Dear VICTOR

Thank you for your application to study at Edinburgh College of Art onto the:

Course: BA (Hons) in Graphic Design
Entry Level: Year 1
Academic Year: 2011/2

We would like to inform you that the mini portfolio you submitted has passed stage 1 of the assessment process for the Course and Entry Level stated above, and you are now invited to attend an Applicant Day/Portfolio Assessment as follows:

Date: 28/Feb/2011
[…]

However their site says that applicant days are from 28 February to 18 March, so I think that they'll send out invitations later if your applicant day is later than 28 February. It's very likely that they give various priorities to their e-mail dispatch.

Don't worry if you haven't heard back from them yet, it will probably come during next week :wink:
Good luck with your application!
(edited 13 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hello
:smile: Oh cool, what did you apply for?
I applied for photography!
Reply 3
Original post by RozeeColton
Hello
:smile: Oh cool, what did you apply for?
I applied for photography!

I applied for Graphic Design (it's written in the email :wink:)

Photography… hmm good :smile:
Reply 4
Thats really good,
Has anyone applied for costume design and making at eca?
i havn't had a rejection yet, but i havn't had an interview offer either...i really want to know! its getting so close to applicant days now so im doubtful...especially as im studying at foundation in the south..
x:confused:x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Wow, that's a long way to come for an applicant day/interview! Maybe you could email them and ask? I'm getting really nervous trying to pull everything together and pick the best, don't want to take too much or too little! x
Reply 6
is anyone travelling there from london? i wonder what the cheapest way is to commute ...easyjet lol?
Reply 7
I'm coming from London for the applicant day on Tuesday! :smile: I looked at easyjet as well but I found the cheapest and easiest is to get an overnight train. Its about £66 return with a rail card and arrives in good time for the interview.

Hope this help!
Reply 8
For Rozee
I graduated from Eca couple of years back. Photo interviews are casual and relaxed. If u r applying from outside and not from foundation chances are you'll have the head of Dept. interviewing you. David is gr8, really chilled. To appeal to him talk about conceptual photo. He loves asian photographers and philosophy and loves to make music links to art.
throw in a few darkroom based work.
make sure you are well versed about practising contemporary photographer and reference them. don't be afraid of showing experimental work.
STAY AWAY FROM TOO MUCH EDITORIAL WORK!
hope dat helps. gd luk!
as for graphic design students ... gd luk the dept is very BITCHY!
Reply 9
Original post by ehenson4

Thats really good,
i havn't had a rejection yet, but i havn't had an interview offer either...i really want to know! its getting so close to applicant days now so im doubtful...especially as im studying at foundation in the south..

Don't worry i haven't heard eather. I think Costume is one of the chorses that take tbh longest tbh.
Reply 10
Original post by lovebomb9

Original post by lovebomb9
is anyone travelling there from london? i wonder what the cheapest way is to commute ...easyjet lol?

i'm getting the train from kings cross straight to edinburgh! don't ask me how much it costs because my mum works for the railway so it's free for me! only 4.5 hours which isn't too bad i don't think!
Reply 11
Ive applied for the design general course and the interior course. I havnt heard back yet from either. Really starting to get worried now :frown:
Reply 12
Hi, I applied for Visual Arts and sent my MP off on the 28th January, bit of a late send off i know!
Just wondering if anyone who sent there application off quite late on has heard back yet?

Thankyouuu!
Reply 13
i would get a flight, travelled up to edinburgh before for a festival by train, cost the same as a flight from stanstead but took about 5 hours longer! though a pretty journey...STILL havn't heard back for costume even though i rang and they said they would reply by friday, i didnt hear anything. not looking promisin :frown: university should not be this stressful to apply for!! x:frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Kattyxo
Hi, I applied for Visual Arts and sent my MP off on the 28th January, bit of a late send off i know!
Just wondering if anyone who sent there application off quite late on has heard back yet?

Thankyouuu!

i sent mine of after the initial deadline too and have heard zilch.
Reply 15
Hi everyone!!

does anybody know if we are going to be interviewed during our applicant day at ECA?
in the letter it says that we are not and also in the applicant day guide it doesn't mention any personal interview...
???
what do you think?

has anyone been on a applicant day? what happened? did you got interviewed?

thanks!!!!
Went to one on Monday and there was no one-to-one interview.
take that as a possitive or a negative!
Reply 17
heya, has anyone applied to ECA for 2nd year entry? Iv applied to product design and have my applicant day tomorrow, eek! Just wondering if anyone got a one to one interview? Not sure if the process will be different to general entry :s-smilie:
Reply 18
has ANYONE had any offers/rejections from eca? i had my interview for performance costume 3 weeks ago and they said we were the last batch to be interviews and i still havent heard anything at all. they are such teases! i also applied for fashion :biggrin:
Reply 19
Thats really good,

hey i did! did you get an interview day? have you heard anything back?

Quick Reply