The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2010 Competition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by kiry
Welp, I've been assigned to BIS yesterday, which was my second choice (first being DECC) which is nice. Especially as the DECC and BIS share the same pool of fast streamers (or so it seems). But they said that they have no vacancies at the moment and will be in contact in a few months with a start date, so a fair bit of waiting yet! Good luck to all those not yet assigned.

Congratulations!!! It's so good to know your department! And your second choice is just great! Moreover BIS is very interesting!
I imagine you're GES round 2 too. Could you tell me your FSAC score aproximately? You know, this would help me to have an idea of how far away could I be from asignment! :-)
Thank you!
Reply 2761
Original post by sol7
Congratulations!!! It's so good to know your department! And your second choice is just great! Moreover BIS is very interesting!
I imagine you're GES round 2 too. Could you tell me your FSAC score aproximately? You know, this would help me to have an idea of how far away could I be from asignment! :-)
Thank you!

Yep, I'd be happy being in put in pretty much any part of BIS, though the only slight fear is getting sent to Sheffield, which is hopefully only a very minute chance as I put London as my first choice and I think their office in Sheffield is quite small with few places. I am indeed in round two and my FSAC score was 18.9 if that helps you at all. Good luck with your posting!
Reply 2762
I have also just been assigned department of health :smile: well not first choice that was DECC but im still very happy. My fsac score was 17.52. It appears that around 50% of the round 2 ges places have been assigned to departments last week though im not sure if departments have got back to everyone assigned yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2763
Congratulations Joe! Health is also among my choices.
I'm still waiting. My score was 15.57. Hope to know from them soon. I'll let you all know once it happens.
Keep us updated of any appointment-starting date!
Reply 2764
Original post by sol7
Congratulations Joe! Health is also among my choices.
I'm still waiting. My score was 15.57. Hope to know from them soon. I'll let you all know once it happens.
Keep us updated of any appointment-starting date!

May I ask Sol, was your application for the GES? Just useful to compare my score to what you achieved as I was unsuccessful last year.
Reply 2765
Yes Berty. My application was for GES.
As you know, the overall score is not the only factor, but also the marks for every competency. One of the rules is that you cannot have less than 2 in any competency. Was that your case?
Reply 2766
Original post by sol7
Yes Berty. My application was for GES.
As you know, the overall score is not the only factor, but also the marks for every competency. One of the rules is that you cannot have less than 2 in any competency. Was that your case?

All my scores were above 2 so that was not a problem. I was a mark off your score so I must have been pretty close.

Cheers Sol.
Reply 2767
OH!!! So it can really be about the overall score. Hummmm.... this also means that I must be at the bottom of the list!
Well, don't worry, you can apply once again this year! And you will go with much more experience, which is a great advantage!
Good luck for this year Berty!
Reply 2768
Original post by sol7
OH!!! So it can really be about the overall score. Hummmm.... this also means that I must be at the bottom of the list!
Well, don't worry, you can apply once again this year! And you will go with much more experience, which is a great advantage!
Good luck for this year Berty!

I have my FSAC coming up soon so hopefully will be better this year :smile:

Thank you for your luck!
Hey Sol,

I was asking on the phone to the civil service asking about likelihood of being placed in November as i wanted to go away and was told where i was in the queue.

Joe.e.l, I've also been assigned to the Department of Health! I'm just waiting to hear if its Leeds or London. Fingers crossed for London as i already live here! Have you heard?

M xx
Just want to say well done to those getting assigned. I'm getting posted to Ofsted (I'm currently working there and the statos wanted me to stay for a while longer so I said yes).
Hi everyone. I'm currently going through SC Security Clearance after being assigned to a department. I'm sure I won't, but if I do fail, does anyone know what would then happen to me with regards to the Fast Stream process? Would I be placed back into the queue for assignment or would I lose my chance on the Fast Stream?? Any help will be appreciated!!
I doubt they'll take you off the fast stream because you can't make SC. I asked and it seems likely that they'll place you in a department that requires a CRB or enhanced CRB.
Reply 2773
Hello all - anyone still out there who deferred entry to this year?

Anyone heard anything re departmental assignment - ie - which depts are still open to FSers following the CSR?

Nailbiting stuff!

mads
Reply 2774
Hi Mads79,

Gosh it feels just like yesterday I was checking and writing on this thread nearly every day!

I am deferred entry until 2011. I was offered a position in Sept but I decided to defer until this year. I have heard from Parity and some of my pre-assignment checks are being carried out again, as the orginials are now out of date. A bit of a nuisance but all in all I'm pleased that things are starting to move again.

The cab office says we should hear by mid-Feb, let the waiting game commence once more :smile:

Do you know where you want to be placed? Have you heard anything from Parity? Cab Office?

J
Reply 2775
Apologies - I have just realised that I didn't respond to your question regarding which departments will be recruiting after the CSR....

I haven't asked the Fast Stream Assignment team specifically but what I have gathered from them is they are just in the dark as we are, things will only become clear once departments declare their requirements and put forward their bids for FS's.

Sorry I can't shed any light on this! Perhaps current FS's who are already in departments can....
Reply 2776
Hi jlass

I have had a quick scan of the fast stream 2011 thread and it just doesn't feel the same. Roll on 2010 thread!!!

I received an email a couple of weeks ago from the cabinet office re whether or not i still wish to take up deferred place. No talk of which dept as yet. My position is rather complicated as I am technically on maternity leave having deferred due to arrival of baby no. 3 in September!! I need to get back to them and discuss timings for return and potential locations - both of which will affect the availability of home depts. I am Northern based and have a large family support network where I am, so in that sense a Northern based dept would be preferable. However if something where available in DFID for example I'd still consider upping sticks and relocating.

Do you already know you're home dept? Are you taking up the same position you were originally offered just further down the line?

:-)
Reply 2777
Yup def roll on the 2010 thread! I kinda missed it in a way when it died out, how sad.....!

Anyhoo I have private pm'd you a reply to the above as didn't want to bog down the thread with a long reponse!

J
Reply 2778
Hi!

Anyone out there who passed FSAC for GES and still waiting for assignment?
Reply 2779
Original post by sol7
Hi!

Anyone out there who passed FSAC for GES and still waiting for assignment?

was just looking at this old thread to get an idea of the assignment process and saw your post, theres a thread for 2011 you might get better answers on (if you havent seen it yet)

personally im going through checks and waiting for assignment but on the HR scheme, think most people are still waiting though as some are still awaiting results for some things

Quick Reply

Latest