Fail anything below 40%

3rd/Pass - 40-49%

2:2 - 50-57/59

2:1- 58/60-70-%

First- 70% or above

They have two methods of calculating the degree:

A) second year is worth 25% and third year worth 75%

b) 3rd year worth 100%

If following the (A) method, then a 2:2 would be between 50-57% and following the (B) method a 2:2 would be between 50-59%.

Last year or my second year, I achieved overall 44% which is a third and this is largely due to my fault- I was lazy and dossing about.

For the third year I do six modules and received coursework back which has made me really upset.

1. Medical (50% exam and 50% Coursework) Coursework mark 50%

2. Cyber (50% coursework and 50% Coursework) Coursework mark 53%

3. Criminology (50% exam and 50% Coursework)

4. Equity and Trusts (50% exam and 50% Coursework) coursework mark 55%

5.IP (100% exam)

6. Company Law (50% exam and 50% Coursework) Coursework mark 65%

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

You're ****ed.
Reply 2
Original post by MissUNIverse
You're ****ed.

I know I am. Is there any hope?
Reply 3
Original post by RibenaJuicy
I know I am. Is there any hope?

You can try your best but it seems like a 2:2 is what you'll get. You should have worked more last year :/
If you've been getting such low marks you need to think about how you can improve your grades. Have you just been lazy, or it is because you've been struggling? If the first one, then you could achieve much better grades, just start working!! If the second one then it's a bit harder, but talking to tutors and maybe resitting any modules you may have failed might be a good starting point :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Louzilla
You can try your best but it seems like a 2:2 is what you'll get. You should have worked more last year :/

I feel **** and been crying all day to be honest. I want to give up. I got two courseworks to submit and exams to prepare for. I haven't looked at it or started it because I been upset. There isn't really any hope.
Maybe you shouldn't be at uni if you don't work hard and are dossing about.
Reply 7
Original post by Gemma :)!
If you've been getting such low marks you need to think about how you can improve your grades. Have you just been lazy, or it is because you've been struggling? If the first one, then you could achieve much better grades, just start working!! If the second one then it's a bit harder, but talking to tutors and maybe resitting any modules you may have failed might be a good starting point :-)

I haven't failed any modules so far.

I admit second year was laziness.

The three courseworks I received back recently were submitted in January. I came back from Pakistan. I had to go since my grandad died.

I was rushing through the coursework and I had to catch up on tutorials and lectures as well.

I knew when I submitted the courseworks in January that they were going to be ****. However, I thought there could be some hope but there isn't. I feel so useless.
Reply 8
I feel **** and been crying all day to be honest. I want to give up. I got two courseworks to submit and exams to prepare for. I haven't looked at it or started it because I been upset. There isn't really any hope.

Of course there is. You've invested too much to give up at the last hurdle. Just push yourself to do your best. That's all you can do really.
Eat some galaxy, stop crying and start your work! x)
Good luck :smile:
I am currently studying at an ex-poly MMU. The grade boundaries are:

Fail anything below 40%

3rd/Pass - 40-49%

First- 70% or above

b) 3rd year worth 100%

If following the (A) method, then a 2:2 would be between 50-57% and following the (B) method a 2:2 would be between 50-59%.

Last year or my second year, I achieved overall 44% which is a third and this is largely due to my fault- I was lazy and dossing about.

For the third year I do six modules and received coursework back which has made me really upset.

5.IP (100% exam)

Any advice?

Just do brilliantly on your exams. If you average 63 then i think you still get a 2:1 if the 25%:75% split is correct. Your IP and Company LAw exams will need to be very good. Then aim for a good 65 for the other ones. You just need to get your finger out and start revising asap!!! Even if you end up with a 2:2, it isn't the end of the world. But it is not a foregone conclusion yet. Get off TSR and get studying!
Reply 10
Around 50% for coursework? Sorry you don't stand much chance with your final year thesis, and that worths a lot of credits.
is there an assessments tutor or your own tutor you can see? they can talk you through your grades, what they mean and the possibilitys of graduating with a 2:1.

This is a bad excuse, sounds like you are trying to convince yourself.

A 2:2 is still a degree and will still open doors. THere is really no point going over past failures: the fact is you simply don't know how well you can do because you have been dossing about. All you can do is get yourself organised, make sure you do a few good hours work each day and do your best. Maybe you can still get a 2:1.
Reply 13

Fail anything below 40%

3rd/Pass - 40-49%

First- 70% or above

b) 3rd year worth 100%

You have got the regs slightly wrong. Using method A you need a weighted average of >=60%

Using Method B you nned an average in the final year units of >=58% and at least 60 credits >=60%
Reply 14
The three courseworks I received back recently were submitted in January. I came back from Pakistan. I had to go since my grandad died.

I was rushing through the coursework and I had to catch up on tutorials and lectures as well.

I knew when I submitted the courseworks in January that they were going to be ****. However, I thought there could be some hope but there isn't. I feel so useless.

Why didn't you fill in an exceptional factors form? Get down to your nearest SiP, get one and fill it in!! you will need evidence of the death though.
Reply 15
Original post by wdywuk
You have got the regs slightly wrong. Using method A you need a weighted average of >=60%

Using Method B you nned an average in the final year units of >=58% and at least 60 credits >=60%

Yes, thiss.

Can anyone please work out what I need to achieve to at least obtain a 2:1?
Reply 16
Original post by wdywuk
Why didn't you fill in an exceptional factors form? Get down to your nearest SiP, get one and fill it in!! you will need evidence of the death though.

I don't have the death certificate. It is in Pakistan.
Reply 17
I don't have the death certificate. It is in Pakistan.

Go on the MMU website and look at the exceptional circumstance documents. THere is an appendix that lists all the possible circumstances the uni has thought of and a list of what evidence is acceptable.

Fail anything below 40%

3rd/Pass - 40-49%

First- 70% or above

b) 3rd year worth 100%

5.IP (100% exam)

Any advice?

Taking just from your coursework grades - you're weighted average is about 52. Tbh If I was you I'd concentrate on not letting that 2.2 slip to a 3rd rather than aiming for a 2.1 at this point, because i suspect you'll be left disappointed

thats with the 25/75 split

If you could average 65 across this years modules you'd get an average on the 25/75 split of 59.7 which should be enough to get your 2.1

However that means that for:
medical you'd need 80 in the exam
cyber you'd need 77
trusts you'd need 75
compamny 65
and IP 65

That's a really tall order tbh OP
Reply 19
Original post by The_Goose
Taking just from your coursework grades - you're weighted average is about 52. Tbh If I was you I'd concentrate on not letting that 2.2 slip to a 3rd rather than aiming for a 2.1 at this point, because i suspect you'll be left disappointed

thats with the 25/75 split

If you could average 65 across this years modules you'd get an average on the 25/75 split of 59.7 which should be enough to get your 2.1

However that means that for:
medical you'd need 80 in the exam
cyber you'd need 77
trusts you'd need 75
compamny 65
and IP 65

That's a really tall order tbh OP

:frown:

Hope you don't mind- how did you calculate it? This is with 25/75 split in regards to your calculations? What would it be with a 100%?

---------------------------

I talked to my tutor- he said it was too late to submit an application. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest