The Student Room Group

TSR's 2012 Tuition Fees Tracker - how much are universities charging in 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Durham have announced 9k fees (no surpise)

http://www.palatinate.org.uk/?p=12699
QUB have announced £9000 fees university of ulster announced an increase in fees but are unsure of prices yet!
Whoa it seems like a lot of uni actually put the ffes up to the max £9000. :O
My sister is going touni next year she will be end up with massive amount debt before she can even start working. :O

A bit shocking.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
I think UCL said nothing yet about their 2012 fees. But I am sure they too will charge the maximum because they were one of those unis who terrorised the government for years to lift the cap.
(edited 13 years ago)
Essex is going through the consultation phase still. I'd expect a figure at the beginning of next term.
liverpool uni want to charge the full £9000 too
This is unofficial from York's open day, but apparently they want to keep fees at their current levels for a few years and see how things go.
Reply 27
Leeds have hinted at their desire to charge the full £9k too
Reply 28
lol the payments basically end up creating about a thirty year grad tax at £9000 so dont worry go to uni and just be slightly bitter towards people going uni this year
Surrey has joined the 9k group, I think we can expect all 1994 group institutions to do so.
Reply 30
Original post by kevin6767
I have seen a lot of comments on threads were people have been asking which universities will be wanting to charge the maximum fee for 2012 entry. So for the sake of dispelling the rumours and counter rumours about which universities will seek to charge the maximum fees I thought it maybe of help to create this thread, primarily for the people who the fees hike will effect.

The universities thus far:
Oxford
Cambridge
Imperial College
Durham
Exeter
Surrey

Liverpool University and Leeds University have expressed an interest in charging £9,000 fees but it has yet to be agreed by the governing bodies.

No university has yet specified a sum below the £9,000 limit but Liverpool Hope University has said they will not seek the £9,000 maximum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12784354
I will update this thread as I hear of more news.

Liverpool and Leeds think they could charge 9k, jesus! Im just glad this will force people to think before they go to uni!
I think they need to add a universities section for comparethemarket.com!
Reply 32
Original post by Mombasa Raha
I think they need to add a universities section for comparethemarket.com!

HAHA very true.
Reply 34
9k for Durham - good luck.
* waits * for the Durham troller gang
Reply 35
Original post by Hellothere!!
QUB have announced £9000 fees university of ulster announced an increase in fees but are unsure of prices yet!

QUB is not worth £9000.

Dear god I absolutely loathe the place, the students around it and the businesses that treat you like **** even though the students bring them the majority of their income. There's like 3 decent clubs and bouncers can be hit and miss......

QUB, the only thing you graduate with is a First in pretentiousness which is soon thrown back in your face considering most graduates work in the surrounding shops as cashiers unless they were top of their class. Belfast went down the ****ter a long time ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36

Why would they do that? You couldn't pay me £6k to go to Leeds Met.
Reply 37
Original post by Einheri

Considering the limit is 9k they are basically paying people 3k to turn up haha
Reply 38
Original post by Einheri

Link says London Met, that's even worse
Original post by hobnob
Edit: On topic: other than the universities already mentioned, Liverpool Hope has been the only university so far to announce that they won't be charging the maximum fees rate.

Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

OP: I'd wait until the prospectuses have been released for absolutely final confirmation of fees.

But you can expect the top universities and the most popular courses to be charging the £9000 cap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending