The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Freshers weeks 2011

This may be a really stupid question however .....

Does freshers week start the week of the accommodation contract? Ive just been wondering if my course starts on the 26th and accommodation contract will start on the 25th, will freshers week be the week before that? Or will it be that week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Freshers' Week starts on the 25th, your course won't start until a week after that. :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
According to the letter I got when I firmed Southampton:

Freshers week 2011
Monday 26 September 2011- Friday 30 September 2011

Semester 1: Thursday 29 September- Saturday 28 January 2012.

So first day and 80%+ will be hungover? :P
Reply 3
haha yes i cant wait!!! anyone know what we can expect?
Fresher's Week was awesome, this year hopefully I'm gonna be a Fresher Rep at Glen Eyre to help make Freshers bloody awesome. There's events everyday on campus and at Glen, also Fresher's week at clubs in town are awesome. You might be lucky like I was and not have any induction until the thursday after freshers, plenty of time to get to know people and let your liver recover :P

See you all in Freshers!!
Reply 5
ahh Brilliant! thanks for the info
I firmed soton and haven't recieved any info from 'em yet :frown:.
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
According to the letter I got when I firmed Southampton:

Freshers week 2011
Monday 26 September 2011- Friday 30 September 2011

Semester 1: Thursday 29 September- Saturday 28 January 2012.

So first day and 80%+ will be hungover? :P

but good to know, thanks for info :smile:
You'll move in on either Sat 24th (ensuite) or Sun 25th (non-ensuite).

International Freshers Week is before this.

The first week, Mon 26th to Sun 2nd, is Fresher's Week - but you will also have a variety of introductory sessions, depending on your course. No lectures! I do Geography and there was around 4 - all rather pointless but compulsory sessions - mainly all about skills and making friends :smile:

Monday 3rd is when lectures and the main stuff really begins.

If Fresher's Week is anything like last years, you'll have 2 welcome parties - one on Sat and one on Sun. Your Halls JCR will organise events every day all week. There'll be 1 or 2 other SUSU events in the Cube, probably Wed & Fri. Bunfight (to showcase all the clubs & societies) was on the Tues and Freshers Fayre on Thurs.... I think...
Reply 8
So excited for freshers woo
Reply 9
Does anyone know if there is stuff to do if your not really a drinker?
Reply 10
Original post by fox1993

Freshers Fayre? Societies? Getting to know your flat mates? Orientation? Intros?
Reply 11
Original post by DJDaveArnold
Fresher's Week was awesome, this year hopefully I'm gonna be a Fresher Rep at Glen Eyre to help make Freshers bloody awesome. There's events everyday on campus and at Glen, also Fresher's week at clubs in town are awesome. You might be lucky like I was and not have any induction until the thursday after freshers, plenty of time to get to know people and let your liver recover :P

See you all in Freshers!!

You're a legend Dave! Love your favourite Welsh friend x
Reply 12
Original post by fox1993

In uni there is something for everyone, whether your a drinker or not.

Your halls JCR will arrange an event every day for the first two weeks for everyone to get to know each other. There will be nights out, BBQs, sports & general getting-to-know-you sessions.

The union will have nights out as well as freshers fayre (don't miss you want free stuff! eg pizza, energy drinks, sweets, food) and the bunfight which is sign up for societies.

Get involved with your flat, meet new people and have the best 2 weeks of your life!
Reply 13
which halls arrange the best events?
So excited!
It's going to be pretty good, not gonna lie! Southampton freshers '1 woo
freshers is going to be awesome.....can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 17
I just wet myself due to the excitement for freshers week!! Slightly gutted about having to leave all me mates from home but cant wait to meet new nice people ! xx
Reply 18
here we come
i actually cant wait! bit nervous though! haas any one heard good things about chantry halls? also does anyone know if your loan comes in before freshers week or after?? xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending