The Student Room Group

contemporary issues in france

As part of my oral french exam, I have to prepare a presentation on a subject that has been important in France during the last few months. Examples in the past have been les restos du coeur, la voile etc but I would prefer to do something slightly more original but that there is a lot to talk about and evoke interesting questions around the topic. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Immigration
Reply 2
Original post by s.e.thompson
As part of my oral french exam, I have to prepare a presentation on a subject that has been important in France during the last few months. Examples in the past have been les restos du coeur, la voile etc but I would prefer to do something slightly more original but that there is a lot to talk about and evoke interesting questions around the topic. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

What about the raising of the retirement age they were going mental about just a couple of months ago?

And what do you mean by 'les restos du coeur' and 'la voile'? (sailing?)
Reply 3
la voile is the whole muslin headscarf issue and les restos du coeur is a charity organisation. the retirement age rise seems to be a good idea so thankyou!
Discuss why Marine Le Pen is ahead in the polls leading up to the election.
Reply 5
Original post by Layabout
Immigration

This is a good one, also with all the Muslim issues you could talk for hours :smile:
Original post by LeeC
What about the raising of the retirement age they were going mental about just a couple of months ago?

And what do you mean by 'les restos du coeur' and 'la voile'? (sailing?)

le voile = veil
la voile = sailing

Obviously you have immigration issue, with the rise of the Front National (equivalent to your BNP). You could talk about University vs Grande Ecole (this one runs for years) and the Grand Paris stuff. Nothing really exiting this year.

Quick Reply

Latest