The Student Room Group

suspending studies and student finance?

I have suspended my studies as I'm restarting on a new course in September. However what happens now with my student finance? I'm afraid that university accomodation will still charge me for the final terms rent, therefore is it possible to still recieve my maintenance loan and just not the grant?
Reply 1
Original post by NicolePickle
I have suspended my studies as I'm restarting on a new course in September. However what happens now with my student finance? I'm afraid that university accomodation will still charge me for the final terms rent, therefore is it possible to still recieve my maintenance loan and just not the grant?

Look up in the accommodation contract. At my university (Nottingham) it is the case that once you agree to take the accommodation, you have to pay for the full. Contact your accommodation department for mroe info.
Reply 2
At a rough guess because I'm bored and hung over I'd say you will have to pay for the whole year as it's unlikely they'd be able to rent the room out just for the last term.
Reply 3
I contacted the accomodation office and they told me that I wont have to pay the last terms rent and could even be refunded if I move out earlier :smile: I signed a letter confirming this so hopefully it will be alright... such a weight liftend off my shoulders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending