The Student Room Group

Geography or History

YOUR opinion on these subjects and why you would choose them...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Josh_Dey
YOUR opinion on these subjects and why you would choose them...

Depends on what you are studying, topics wise.

Women's suffrage >>>>>>>>>> Soil science

Urban geography >>>>>>>>>> Lead up to WWII

Overall I like geography better but history is still awesome
Both are brilliant, but I prefer history personally. History is just sooo good; it's my best thing :smile:
Reply 3
Geography!
I love Physical Geography
Also, history isn't anywhere near as useful as Geog :smile:
Reply 4
History by a long long long long way
I do both... Physical geography, two thumbs up. The rest, however, is a big fat bore (imo anyway)!
Which brings me to history: No word of a lie, it's the only lesson which I actually fully 100% focus in(no phone,no nothing lol)... It's so damn interesting! Once something captivates your interest, you don't mind writing an essay about it nor does it take you ages to revise the concepts! So yeah, I'd say history :biggrin:
Original post by WizardOfOz#1
I do both... Physical geography, two thumbs up. The rest, however, is a big fat bore (imo anyway)!

Physical geography is the most boring part of geography!! Human geography is the bomb :biggrin: Sometimes I couldn't care less about soil or rivers or limestone pavements or wave-cut platforms or vegetation succession........ the list goes on.
History ftw, because only clever people study it. :smile:
Original post by chr1stopher11
Physical geography is the most boring part of geography!! Human geography is the bomb :biggrin: Sometimes I couldn't care less about soil or rivers or limestone pavements or wave-cut platforms or vegetation succession........ the list goes on.

:eek:! This is the sad bit, I haven't learnt any of the things that you have listed! Two of our units are based on human geography (urbanisation and tourism) and only one is based (natural hazards: wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes and tropical storms) on physical geog :frown: I'm not even commenting on the bit in bold, it's just shocking LOL! It's ten times better to learn about the earth than how tourism is forever fluctuating in different parts of the world I mean crikey :/ lol!

Have you taken it for a level?
physical geography > human geography > history.
I study history at A-level although I didn't take it at GCSE (should have done really, chose French instead) because I wanted to understand more about British history and the world wars, plus I'm much better at writing essays than short technical answers. I took Geography at GCSE but hated the coursework and human geography really really bores me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by WizardOfOz#1
:eek:! This is the sad bit, I haven't learnt any of the things that you have listed! Two of our units are based on human geography (urbanisation and tourism) and only one is based (natural hazards: wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes and tropical storms) on physical geog :frown: I'm not even commenting on the bit in bold, it's just shocking LOL! It's ten times better to learn about the earth than how tourism is forever fluctuating in different parts of the world I mean crikey :/ lol!

Have you taken it for a level?

Don't get me wrong, I do still enjoy physical geography, it is just soil science that makes me want to cry. Urbanisation and tourism are interesting, don't diss!

No I do Scottish Highers instead of A Levels but I think they are similar in content. But I am going to do geography (BA, so more human than physical) at university :smile:
Reply 12
They my 2 fav subjects, but if I had to choose, I would say...
HISTORY
Everyone that i know that did geography finds it so much harder because of the case studies...I did history for gcse and it was so good, all you have to do is write essays and do a bit of coursework its really fun i'd say history :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending