The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows whether I can apply for housing before I accept the offer because I'm worried I'll miss out?
Cheers
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by &#728
Okay, so you havent got your C grade yet, but you have been offered a place at EH? I mean, I know you will achieve this grade but the point is that they can offer accomodations ,,conditionally"...ohh thats would be really great. Sorry for the questions but there are no other place where i can get my answers from:smile:
thanks really!

Obviously they can as I was given a conditional offer for BA Photography at LCC and I have only studied a-levels- I get my results 20th August. I have been offered and accepted at place a EHC
Original post by Ostentatious
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows whether I can apply for housing before I accept the offer because I'm worried I'll miss out?
Cheers

this please is what i want to know!!!
Reply 83
does anyone know if you can get halls for foundation if you live in london already??
Reply 84
Regarding Will Wyatt halls:

My girlfriend has been living there since september 2010 (it is now april 2011).

She has reported that despite keeping their flat fairly clean, rats are not uncommon in the kitchen. There are also numerous reported cases of tenants being infected with threadworms - not a serious illness but quite disgusting and nasty.

There appears to be nowhere for her to register a complaint. This seems to me a good example of universities and student landlords taking advantage of student naivety, and is pretty well unacceptable! This being the only place we could find to make it public, we thought it appropriate that people deciding which halls to live in saw that this one was not as good as people here are saying.
how much is for the internet at halls?
Reply 86
Original post by wazzbot

Original post by wazzbot
Regarding Will Wyatt halls:

My girlfriend has been living there since september 2010 (it is now april 2011).

She has reported that despite keeping their flat fairly clean, rats are not uncommon in the kitchen. There are also numerous reported cases of tenants being infected with threadworms - not a serious illness but quite disgusting and nasty.

There appears to be nowhere for her to register a complaint. This seems to me a good example of universities and student landlords taking advantage of student naivety, and is pretty well unacceptable! This being the only place we could find to make it public, we thought it appropriate that people deciding which halls to live in saw that this one was not as good as people here are saying.

wow. Thank you for the warning.
Reply 87
I'm under 18 so I have to live at furzedown and cedars. Does anyone know something about these halls? The new block at furzedown is the B-block, right? It makes sense but I figured it would be better to ask anyhow. I'm thinking about applying for the new block as I heard it is considerabily better.
Reply 88
Hiya i've accepted a place at LCC on the condition I pass my foundation. I haven't heard back from them yet should I have? also can I just go ahead and apply for halls? so confuzzzled!
Original post by Meelk
Hiya i've accepted a place at LCC on the condition I pass my foundation. I haven't heard back from them yet should I have? also can I just go ahead and apply for halls? so confuzzzled!

cant apply till monday but otherwise yeah go for it monday i think. im going to. :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by unbornvoices
cant apply till monday but otherwise yeah go for it monday i think. im going to. :smile:

heyyy im going to LCC in september aswell to study surface design.. do you know what time we can start applying for halls on monday? thank youuu :smile:
Original post by cgeorgiarm
heyyy im going to LCC in september aswell to study surface design.. do you know what time we can start applying for halls on monday? thank youuu :smile:

oh im not going to lcc sorry im going to csm to do ba fine art but the halls can all be applied to at the same time from all the ual colleges obv. i assume its as soon as it is monday or somepoint in the morning like 9 o clock but i really have no idea...sorry just try it as soon as you can on monday? good luck , where u interested in?
so what do people reckon for 1st choice don gratton or will wyat? DGH is in a cool location good rep but further away from kings cross CSM which is where il be studying or Will Wyat which is in hoxton which could also be cool alot closer to KX from what i can tell and more central.... what do people think?
Reply 93
I'm going for Julian Markham Manna Ash and Don Gratton I think. Those seem to be the ones everyone goes for. Theres bad things about all of them it seems so in the end its basically all about the location! Do you know which have en suite?
Original post by Meelk
I'm going for Julian Markham Manna Ash and Don Gratton I think. Those seem to be the ones everyone goes for. Theres bad things about all of them it seems so in the end its basically all about the location! Do you know which have en suite?

All of them plus WW I believe, I'm going to go for will wyat first as this is much closer than others to kx site walkable even. And I quite like hoxton area. Then don gratton and finaly manna ash...
I'm starting the CCW foundation this September & was going to apply for Bernard Myers House, Brooke Hall and maybe for my last choice Julian Markham? Due to medical reasons it's important I'm not too far from college.

Anyone else on the same course applying for the same halls? If anyone could tell me about any of my choices (or perhaps I better 3rd option than Julian Markham) that would also be good. I haven't heard that great stuff security-wise about Bernard Myers but then read a conflicting report somewhere else saying that it's improved in that respect recently.
Hi!

I accepted my offer for a BA in Film and Television at LCC about a month ago, but I have not received my student ID number. I was wondering if anyone has had their student ID yet? I really want to apply for accommodation :-/
Reply 97
I have the same problem. I emailed them on saturday asking for it. Hopefully should get it for tomorrow cause I want to apply tomorrow too. Nightmare ay!
phone them they gave it to me over the phone :smile:
Original post by Likestrangecandy
Hi!

I accepted my offer for a BA in Film and Television at LCC about a month ago, but I have not received my student ID number. I was wondering if anyone has had their student ID yet? I really want to apply for accommodation :-/

Was it not on the letter you received offering your place at the university? It should be the first 3 letters of your surname with an 8 digit number afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest