The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

does anybody have the scenario and practice worksheet for the Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3 Exam yet

i noticed the unit 7 one was out so im just hoping i can look through it over the easter holiday

thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The prerelease might be on the edexcel website, but I will add it here anyway. I am doing this exam aswell. Its good we get longer than usual to look over the prerelease. :smile:
Reply 2
oh and cheers for the documents
Reply 3
Original post by Matt7425
The prerelease might be on the edexcel website, but I will add it here anyway. I am doing this exam aswell. Its good we get longer than usual to look over the prerelease. :smile:

when did u get the pre-release stuff??
cos i am gonna go psyco at my teacher if you got it b4 we left school
hi,
am also taking the unit 3 exam.... so any off ur teachers gave any tips, unfortunately my teacher is a sleeping *****...:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
hi
can some tel me how 2 do ict unit 3
my techer is so busy in doing some ..............(u can undestand)
Reply 6
i have just started it but the first part is just importing the data and then just making a =(cell reference) equation

havnet done any more than that and the cell reference is probely obvious
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
how are you meant to make a decent profit. i have got £23,033.58 and that is with most of the shops closed
Reply 8
Original post by paul3200
when did u get the pre-release stuff??
cos i am gonna go psyco at my teacher if you got it b4 we left school

Lol, I got the stuff last thursday, which is when it was apparently released. ^^
Reply 9
Oh and how do you do the advertising part of task three. Its confusing me. :confused:
Reply 10
how are you meant to make a decent profit. i have got £23,033.58 and that is with most of the shops closed

Open more shops then if you can. You will know if you have too much if some of the cells on monthly figures show up red.
Reply 11
Oh and how do you do the advertising part of task three. Its confusing me. :confused:

i just used the data above the yellow bit guessing that we are going to get it in the real exam (i hope)
Reply 12
Open more shops then if you can. You will know if you have too much if some of the cells on monthly figures show up red.

thats what i did and went into major debt
Reply 13
Lol, I got the stuff last thursday, which is when it was apparently released. ^^

we were in school just so i can shout at her
Reply 14
Oh I see. I'll try that then.
Ah, ok. lol :smile:
Reply 15
WTF you already have yours out t**t of a teacher isnt giving it to us till next term

It has to be given to you within a certain time before your exam and not before. I do this subject too, however I'm in yr 13 and I am doing the Unit 8 exam. If your exam is not until late may/early June I don't think they are allowed to give it to you. Best check with your teacher though :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Ashlee1993
It has to be given to you within a certain time before your exam and not before. I do this subject too, however I'm in yr 13 and I am doing the Unit 8 exam. If your exam is not until late may/early June I don't think they are allowed to give it to you. Best check with your teacher though :smile:

it is my first exam
(i think she still hasn't given us the final date for it yet just the week it is in and it will most likely be in my geog exam)
Reply 17
Got mine from my teacher this Monday (no time before start of half term) :smile:. For the spreadsheet part, apparently you just have to import all of the data files into a blank worksheet, and copy and paste into the yellow bits where required. For the formula, you can just replicate the one on the cell to the left of it. Exam is 25 May (at least in my school, anyway). That makes it almost another 3 weeks before they have to give you the scenario. :O Advice for the exam is to just play around with the spreadsheet and get really comfortable with how it works.

Edit: Oh, and for the advertising data you get a printout in the real exam. Sometimes you just get the printout and you have to type it in, and sometimes the data is there already but you have to find a couple of errors.
(edited 12 years ago)
Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you
Reply 19
Original post by ajay fernando
Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you

Don't we all have different advertising data so we'll all get different results?

Quick Reply