The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Social work interview at salford 2011

Scroll to see replies

I have just phoned them yet again! n just been told that they had recieved 80-90% of decisions back and are just writing them up and getting ready to send them to ucas he said we should hear by the end of the week.. so that could mean another month!!
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 61
yep, i was told exactly the same earlier today! i understand that they are understaffed but its really unfair to keep people waiting so long :'(
Reply 62
omg.....the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 63
Original post by costaerer
omg.....the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harrowing isnt it!!!
Original post by nicolahey35
I have just phoned them yet again! n just been told that they had recieved 80-90% of decisions back and are just writing them up and getting ready to send them to ucas he said we should hear by the end of the week.. so that could mean another month!!

Ooh interesting, I had my interview on 7th April (the last day of interviews) and they definitely said it would be next month before we found out! Would be nice to know before Easter, don't know how you guys who had early interviews have been sooo patient!

I take it no-one has heard anything yet??
Reply 65
Original post by i_miss_you
Ooh interesting, I had my interview on 7th April (the last day of interviews) and they definitely said it would be next month before we found out! Would be nice to know before Easter, don't know how you guys who had early interviews have been sooo patient!

I take it no-one has heard anything yet??

nope!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
I have recieved a conditional offer everyone whoo hoo so happy check ur ucas n good luck xx
Original post by nicolahey35
I have recieved a conditional offer everyone whoo hoo so happy check ur ucas n good luck xx

Awww congratulations! I just checked my UCAS again and nothing! Hopefully tomorrow... I'm going to try and get to sleep repeating the mantra 'no news is good news' tonight, ha x
Reply 68
HI all I got an unconditional offer though this evening, I'm over the moon! Fingers crossed for all you! X x x
Well done disco mines conditional but i am confident on getting the grades. I am sure you will b fine I miss you fingers crossed u hear tomorrow x
Reply 70
well done guys! ive still not heard :angry:
Well done everyone with an offer!

Perhaps they're sending out all the offers first,.. and all the 'unsuccessfuls' later... which may explain why i'm yet to hear! Ha..

Figners crossed to everyone still waiting anyway! x
Talk about teases - i checked my email (for the 100th time this morning) and saw an email from Uni of Salford!! But it was just another generic student accomodation one!!!!
Reply 73
Original post by i_miss_you
Well done everyone with an offer!

Perhaps they're sending out all the offers first,.. and all the 'unsuccessfuls' later... which may explain why i'm yet to hear! Ha..

Figners crossed to everyone still waiting anyway! x

thats what i thought!
Reply 74
conditional offer woo...
what are the conditions though :wink:

EDIT: Found the conditions lol! need to get 33 credits at merit.....so basically the rest of my assignments need to be merits/distinctions.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by costaerer
conditional offer woo...
what are the conditions though :wink:

EDIT: Found the conditions lol! need to get 33 credits at merit.....so basically the rest of my assignments need to be merits/distinctions.

Well done!! Ahh you've given me a little ray of hope now! My theory was obviously wrong, haha... maybe the people that have been unsuccessful just aren't ready to tell yet! I am literally glued to UCAS track - it's gotta be today!!

I'm assuming Salford is everyone's preferred uni?? x
Reply 76
unsuccessful......... :'(
Original post by lc1975
unsuccessful......... :'(

Oh no :frown: I'm really sorry to hear that - did you get any feedback? I didn't feel the interview went at all well so i'm probably in the same boat,.. still waiting to find out though.
Have you got other options?? x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
ah thanks, im just gutted now. the feedback was that my contribution to interview was excellent, i have all the relevant experience required but there were stronger candidates, and to re apply next year. i already applied for the access to social work at the manchester college and awaiting an interview with them. also just applied to stockport for their part time social work course and also health and social care full time. so it aint over till its over! really peeved though that i could have done all this two months ago if salford hadnt dragged their feet so much with decisions, its really not good practice! good luck to you, i hope you get in :smile: x
Reply 79
sorry to hear you didnt get in.
i did the access course this yr and its really good. get alot of support from your teachers.
hope u get in next yr xx

Quick Reply