Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mechanical Engineering

40 points total
7 in Maths HL
6 in Physics HL
6 in Chemistry SL
6 in English A1 SL

hope I can make that, am predicted 6 in Maths and 38 in total, its gonna be tough :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by marcordenis
Mechanical Engineering

40 points total
7 in Maths HL
6 in Physics HL
6 in Chemistry SL
6 in English A1 SL

hope I can make that, am predicted 6 in Maths and 38 in total, its gonna be tough :biggrin:

Yeah i have the exact same offer but 5 in SL English for EEE. Probably the hardest thing is to get a 7 in HL math. I have no idea how to do that.
Reply 3
Computer Science

40 IB Points
7 in Maths HL
6 in Physics HL
5 in English A2 SL

I am also predicted 38-39 points with a 6 in Math HL. Basically if I can get the 7 in Math I am set, and that's a pretty big if.

The lowest offer I've seen is for one of my coursemates, for Chem Eng. It is exactly the same, but with 39 points instead of 40.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by alexmsf
Computer Science

40 IB Points
7 in Maths HL
6 in Physics HL
5 in English A2 SL

I am also predicted 38-39 points with a 6 in Math HL. Basically if I can get the 7 in Math I am set, and that's a pretty big if.

The lowest offer I've seen is for one of my coursemates, for Chem Eng. It is exactly the same, but with 39 points instead of 40.

Do you know what happens if we don't meet the offer, by 1-2 points? Do we get rejected, or is there still a chance that we might get in?
Reply 5
Original post by dsds1000
Do you know what happens if we don't meet the offer, by 1-2 points? Do we get rejected, or is there still a chance that we might get in?

It depends. Since it is Imperial, I'd say you shoudn't hold your breath, as pretty much every course is VERY competitive.

I don't want to be in that position, although I'd phone them if something like this happens. What I am more worried of is that I actually GET that 7 in Maths, and I lose the offer because of getting less than 40 points. Thankfully I love my insurance too, preventing me from stressing out excessively!

Basically, if you find yourself in that position, contact them, and you may get lucky! Just don't bet on it.
Reply 6
Asking for a 7 in Maths HL when they ask for A* in A2 Mathematics is/feels just...wrong. I've had a go at both courses at different periods and while I didn't have much trouble with HL (then again, I switched to A-Levels when I reached Differentiation), I find it more challenging in that one has limited time for some arguably harder questions. I find that 6 in HL Maths would be more apt but then hey, that's just me. :wink:
Reply 7
Hey does any of you know If i'd have a chance of getting an offer from imperial (for next year) if i have the following grades:

6 maths HL
6 physics HL
6-7 chemistry HL
7 geography SL
5 english A1 SL
French A2 SL

And im guessing i will get about 2 bonus points.
thanks!
Reply 8
My offer was 40 total, 7 in Maths HL and 7 in Chem HL. Wasn't easy, but I somehow managed to get it.
Reply 9
Imperial physics MSc

Physics HL 7
Maths HL 7
English A1 SL 5
Total of 40 points

Thank God (or the Easter bunny) that I finished IB already last year :P

- An annoying gap year person
Original post by QG-DAWG
Imperial physics MSc

Physics HL 7
Maths HL 7
English A1 SL 5
Total of 40 points

Thank God (or the Easter bunny) that I finished IB already last year :P

- An annoying gap year person

Ouch! And sorry to nitpick, but you mean MSci right? MSc is post-grad.

And I thought they were screwing me over when they gave me an offer of 40 with 666HL (maths, phys, + one other) when their website said 38 with 6 maths HL and physics HL. But compared to others I feel quite lucky now. Except bluesky42, who got a 39 666HL offer for physics.
Reply 11
biomedical sciences
6 Chem HL
6 Bio HL
5 Eng A1 SL
38 overall :biggrin:
I have to get 38 points overall for medicine.
6 in Bio HL and 6 in Chem HL.
:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by mzmiraclez
I have to get 38 points overall for medicine.
6 in Bio HL and 6 in Chem HL.
:smile:

same offer here...and thank God only Bio and Chem, cause i take HL Math, and the exams were awful so far...
Original post by granata92
same offer here...and thank God only Bio and Chem, cause i take HL Math, and the exams were awful so far...

2nded about the HL maths. Can't believe medicine has lower entry requirements than a lot of other degrees, lucky you guys.
Reply 15
Original post by TheSmokeMonster
Ouch! And sorry to nitpick, but you mean MSci right? MSc is post-grad.

And I thought they were screwing me over when they gave me an offer of 40 with 666HL (maths, phys, + one other) when their website said 38 with 6 maths HL and physics HL. But compared to others I feel quite lucky now. Except bluesky42, who got a 39 666HL offer for physics.

Haha I was about to post on this thread, but beaten to it!

Although that 6 in Maths is looking unlikely with my epic fail paper 1 :frown: So I'm thinking teary phone calls will be taking place on the 6th of July!
Original post by bluesky42
Haha I was about to post on this thread, but beaten to it!

Although that 6 in Maths is looking unlikely with my epic fail paper 1 :frown: So I'm thinking teary phone calls will be taking place on the 6th of July!

Same. My paper 1 was horrible. Worst exam paper in my life. Paper 2 was much better though :smile: so hopefully, with a good paper 3 I can redeem myself and get a 6 :smile:
Reply 17
So, apparently EVERYONE is stressing out about Maths grades. I sure am glad I am not the only one!
Reply 18
Original post by TheSmokeMonster
Same. My paper 1 was horrible. Worst exam paper in my life. Paper 2 was much better though :smile: so hopefully, with a good paper 3 I can redeem myself and get a 6 :smile:

Yeah me too! Trying to get my head around radius of convergence at the moment!

Original post by alexmsf
So, apparently EVERYONE is stressing out about Maths grades. I sure am glad I am not the only one!

Haha, do you think if we all missed our maths grades they'd let us in anyway, otherwise the university would be empty.... :tongue:
Reply 19
aeronautical

total- 39
hl math 7
hl phy 7
a1 eng sl-5

not too bad.!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending