The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Library sex eyes are good.....you are both bored nothing better to do then of course revise but meh, so keep looking at each other, ask them for a pen and maybe leave them a note??

Anyways thats what happened to me last week, explains why my revision was suffering so much ha
METHOD #98 The asker of directions

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
Girl: Yeah what you wanna do is take a left at BLAH BLAH BLAH
Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
Guy: Thanks a lot
Girl: Its ok (turns to walk away)
Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful
Girl: Reeeeaally?? :colondollar:
Guy: :sexface:

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is all theory of course. Hasn't yet been tested... O_O
Reply 22
To be perfectly honest, if a guy who was a similar age to me came over to talk to me, I wouldnt immediately assume he was a murderer/rapist/whatever. All you've got to do is go over and say 'hi, i saw you over here so i thought i'd come say hello', and just start a general chit chat conversation.

If he was say 40 and over i'd think he was a bit creepy and perverted but with people your own age i think you're on safe ground
Original post by Lewroll

This is a great way to talk to someone without freaking them out. Its socially acceptable to talk to strangers in two situations (according to Michael Mcintyre). The first being to ask the time. The second is when you are asking for directions. This technique focuses on the 2nd.

Guy (notices hot girl in a public place). Approaches her from the front with a friendly smile
You: Excuse me do you know how to get to [Insert bull**** place you don't really want to go to]
Guy (pretend to listen, maybe even nod and ask the occasional question to make it look realistic- keep eye contact (not creepy))
Guy: Oh one more thing. I didn't actually stop you to ask you directions, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you as I think you look amazing/beautiful

See with this technique the girl isn't freaked out by your approach as she wasn't expecting it. She was already comfortable talking to you as she had already spoken to you for a moment previously.

This is spot on!
Original post by georgie-rose
This is spot on!

Someone has to test it in real life now, so that I can approve it :colonhash:

And, thanks (I should learn to follow my own advice :biggrin:)
Go up behind her and put your hands round her waist, whisper 'hi sexy' seductively in her ear, she'll be putty in your hands.
Original post by Lexi99
To be perfectly honest, if a guy who was a similar age to me came over to talk to me, I wouldnt immediately assume he was a murderer/rapist/whatever. All you've got to do is go over and say 'hi, i saw you over here so i thought i'd come say hello', and just start a general chit chat conversation.

If he was say 40 and over i'd think he was a bit creepy and perverted but with people your own age i think you're on safe ground

I always thought girls were cautious when they are out. Especially as it is unusual for strangers to talk to each other, wouldn't a lot of people be like :lolwut: if someone just started chit chat?
I will test it, I approach girls and scare the **** out of them for fun anyway. So why not, will lead the bitches on and then tell them to **** off when they want my number. Slags.
Original post by Lewroll

Haaaa I'd love that!
Try this:

Reply 30
Techniques and lines don't work. You can look at all PUA videos all you like and not get anywhere. Approaching girls is like good jazz. Improvised.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jblackmoustache
Techniques and lines don't work. You can look at all PUA videos all you like and not get anywhere. Approaching girls is like good jazz. Improvised.

First of all none of us are pick up artists. Second, lines can work if done properly. And finally, you and I :ninja: may be able to approach girls with ease because we are cool and sexy. But average Joe may not be so lucky. I thought seeing as threads like this are popular, we could make one big one so people can get some sort of tip, so that they don't freak the girl out and look like a douche.

All social skills can be learnt.
One question: how do you guys deal with rejection?
APPARENTLY, a three second rule is useful when picking up girls. Like, as soon as you see a girl, you have to decide in three seconds whether or not to go and chat her up, and then walk over. Any longer, and the idea that you're a socially awkward creep will have begun to take root in her subconscious. Like I said, APPARENTLY.
Original post by LadyLondoner
Haaaa I'd love that!

Original post by georgie-rose
This is spot on!

But surely you have to look really good looking?

I used to get really down and think the problem is me, but I look at it this way:

Why would I want to be with someone who is a stuck up bitch anyway? What if she's the one with the problem and she's too uptight and shy? I know loads of people who don't have a problem with me so why is she the only one who has a problem? Loads more fish in the sea.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Obadetona
But surely you have to look really good looking?

Tbh i'd say that humour/personality overrides looks for me, but for any human being, looks are remotely important, for me, i care 30% looks, 70% personality.
Original post by jblackmoustache
I used to get really down and think the problem is me, but I look at it this way:

Why would I want to be with someone who is a stuck up bitch anyway? What if she's the one with the problem and she's too uptight and shy? I know loads of people who don't have a problem with me so why is she the only one who has a problem? Loads more fish in the sea.

Yeah i agree, but how would you act in front of the girl once shes rejected you?

No idea. I'm no expert with this stuff. Everything I say is theory (based on observation). It hasn't actually been tried or tested yet (I will test it all :colonhash:).
But... I think everyone will get rejected sometimes. You just have to remember for everyone that rejects you there are a million other people who wont. You just have to find them. Also its rare you will meet a rude person that often. If the rejection is 'sorry not interested' or something like that then that is ok. If it she laughs in your face then that might hurt a bit :frown:

Original post by Addzter
APPARENTLY, a three second rule is useful when picking up girls. Like, as soon as you see a girl, you have to decide in three seconds whether or not to go and chat her up, and then walk over. Any longer, and the idea that you're a socially awkward creep will have begun to take root in her subconscious. Like I said, APPARENTLY.

What if you do a sneak attack and she doesn't see you coming?

Quick Reply