The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Theory

really tempted to get this, but it's not the kind of thing I would normally buy, so it won't match most of my wardrobe. I don't even know why I like it so much. Perhaps I'll wear it with some light khaki chinos.

Not a fan of that...
Original post by WillKail
Anyone like these?

I like the shoes, dislike the shorts.
Reply 42
Not sure what shorts to buy really?
On the topic of shorts,

Who the **** would buy these...{watch the video, he looks so ridiculous in them}
Reply 44
http://www.asos.com/Hilfiger-Denim/Hilfiger-Denim-Logo-T-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1398112&cid=8147&Rf-300=1320&sh=0&pge=7&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=474DuskBlue

What do you think of this guy's? Earnt £50 today and I want to buy a quality piece of clothing, preferably 2

Please give me some pointers please :biggrin:
Need help with shorts also, can only find crappy looking shorts that are at least £25?!

Surely shorts should be like half the price of a half-decent pair of jeans, I refuse to pay that much
Reply 46
I'm loving Johnny Cupcakes at the moment.
Reply 47
Original post by MartinKellyisagod
Need help with shorts also, can only find crappy looking shorts that are at least £25?!

Surely shorts should be like half the price of a half-decent pair of jeans, I refuse to pay that much

A decent pair of jeans for £25 that aren't on sale? You're either delusional or a massive cheapskate.

Less than £25 for a pair of decent shorts is incredibly unlikely, even Zara (one of the cheapest high street shops) sells shorts for £25.99-£39.99 (not including their sweat shorts). If you think that's expensive then clearly you have no concept of the value of money.
Anyone know where I can source a terrycloth (as in like towel material) polo shirt? Orlebar brown do one, but it's a hundred and thirty pounds. Kinda 60's Sean Connery as james bond look.
Original post by paddy
A decent pair of jeans for £25 that aren't on sale? You're either delusional or a massive cheapskate.

Less than £25 for a pair of decent shorts is incredibly unlikely, even Zara (one of the cheapest high street shops) sells shorts for £25.99-£39.99 (not including their sweat shorts). If you think that's expensive then clearly you have no concept of the value of money.

Wut
You can get decent pairs of jeans for £25-30 from all high street shops, & I pretty much only buy various Levis jeans from America for ~£20-30
That's why I find prices like you're quoting for shorts crazy. I searched ebay for shorts and pretty much only got stuff in size 50 (50?!) or homoerotic rubber/pvc shorts (seriously, look yourself).
Then on ASOS anything under £25 is either swim shorts, boxer shorts, or shorts that look like crap

Yes, IMAD
Reply 50
subscribing :cool:
Reply 51
Wut
You can get decent pairs of jeans for £25-30 from all high street shops, & I pretty much only buy various Levis jeans from America for ~£20-30
That's why I find prices like you're quoting for shorts crazy. I searched ebay for shorts and pretty much only got stuff in size 50 (50?!) or homoerotic rubber/pvc shorts (seriously, look yourself).
Then on ASOS anything under £25 is either swim shorts, boxer shorts, or shorts that look like crap

Yes, IMAD

Well clearly our definitions of decent differ quite a lot.

Also eBay? Just ****ing spend £29.99 on a pair of shorts from Zara. The fact that you can't find anything for the price you want should tell you that your world view re: prices of shorts is wrong.

Whatever. Have fun trying to spend the absolute least amount of money possible on shorts, I'd rather spend ~£35 on a pair of shorts that don't look like they came from Primark :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52

Positive Rating!

Have a look at UNIQLO: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/067938

I've got the navy chino shorts and they're good quality for the price. The Khaki ones are quite nice as well.
The only nice plain shorts I've found so far for less than £60 are at Boden Mens.
Original post by paddy
Well clearly our definitions of decent differ quite a lot.

Also eBay? Just ****ing spend £29.99 on a pair of shorts from Zara you absolute idiot. The fact that you can't find anything for the price you want should tell you that your world view re: prices of shorts is wrong.

Whatever. Have fun trying to spend the absolute least amount of money possible on shorts, I'd rather spend ~£35 on a pair of shorts that don't look like they came from Primark :awesome:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEVIS-510-SUPER-SKINNY-STRETCH-Rigid-Gray-Jeans-30-32-/120705080334
Bought those a few days ago, not amazing but decent.

Don't shop at Topman but I just looked at a high-street store to get an example and bam http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?sort_field=Relevance&beginIndex=1&langId=-1&parent_categoryId=207169&storeId=12555&catalogId=33056&pageSize=20&categoryId=207170&refinements=category~ , a few okay looking jeans for £25 or less.

Yet for some reason shorts on the Topman website are all, except for about two out of 50, £30 or more.

That's what I'm talking about

xoxoxo
(edited 12 years ago)
guys

where can i get some slim fits?

i have a pair from uniqlo only i'm not sure why but i think they are causing a lot of discomfort in my lower back. they wouldnt normally sit on my waist but now they are.. and there isnt much room in crotch area.

a pair like these would be nice

http://www.arkclothing.com/prodimg/Levi%60s_511_Slim_Fit_Jeans5_1_408.jpg

or straight legs which look like the above pic would be cool also.
Reply 56
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEVIS-510-SUPER-SKINNY-STRETCH-Rigid-Gray-Jeans-30-32-/120705080334
Bought those a few days ago, not amazing but decent.

Don't shop at Topman but I just looked at a high-street store to get an example and bam http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?sort_field=Relevance&beginIndex=1&langId=-1&parent_categoryId=207169&storeId=12555&catalogId=33056&pageSize=20&categoryId=207170&refinements=category~[207174|207170]&noOfRefinements=1 , a few okay looking jeans for £25 or less.

Yet for some reason shorts on the Topman website are all, except for about two out of 50, £30 or more.

That's what I'm talking about

If you reply to this please have some actual substance in your post or I'll think you're even more of a retard than I already do.

xoxoxo

Supply and demand. Shorts are cheaper in August and September when Summer is ending and no-one wants them. That's when I bought most of mine, in the Summer sale. Paul Smith shorts, RRP £70, I got them for £30. And they fit me, and look like, a bloody charm :wink:

If you had any idea about the worldwide economy you'd know that cheap clothes are going to be a thing of the past, and believe me when I tell you that when they say cheap clothing they are referring to Topman and H&M.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by The Jester
guys

where can i get some slim fits?

i have a pair from uniqlo only i'm not sure why but i think they are causing a lot of discomfort in my lower back. they wouldnt normally sit on my waist but now they are.. and there isnt much room in crotch area.

a pair like these would be nice

http://www.arkclothing.com/prodimg/Levi%60s_511_Slim_Fit_Jeans5_1_408.jpg

or straight legs which look like the above pic would be cool also.

The above picture title suggests they are Levi 511s which are slim not straight, They fit terrible on that model to be honest though :s-smilie:

Take a look at ASOs for Levis 511s, They often have them for <£60 if you keep an eye on sales and promotions.
Reply 58
Logic dictates that shorts should be half the price of a pair of jeans but... pretty much all the shorts I've seen this season have been priced roughly equivalent to denim from the same brand. It's crazy but there you go. Two pairs will do for me anyway.
Reply 59
Original post by cowsforsale
On the topic of shorts,

Who the **** would buy these...{watch the video, he looks so ridiculous in them}

Looks like someone took a huge dump in them.

Latest

Trending

Trending