The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
In a friendly, my AMC just scored 6 goals and got the perfect 10.0 rating!! Amazing stuff!

Last season I won the league, the European Super Cup & the Community shield. Got to the Semi's of the CL too! Hopefully win that. I've also just become the England manager - so I hope to win that.
****ing injuries.... New save, started as Manchester United after simming a couple of seasons.

Great start, unbeaten and all that... but after my last match against Liverpool , followed by international friendlies, i have Vidic, Ferdinand, Nani, Valencia, Rooney, Fletcher and Macheda all injured. Not got a huge depth on the wings.
I've stopped playing FM now, I've only got 4 weeks till my exams, need to start revising :sad:
I'm still at Wigan, following spells at Torquay and then Derby.

We missed out on the play offs, finishing in 7th after a last day defeat to champions West Brom :frown:

James McCarthy, my best player by a mile, has decided to hand in a transfer request after he said he wanted a move to a bigger club, he really is a top player and I hope I can convince him to stay, but if not, I'll be refusing to sell him for less than £6 million, which is a bargain in itself tbh.
Been pushed into looking for Hamsik replacements for the summer. He's been averaging 6.7 for months now, he just doesn't seem into it :frown: the only decent player I can find as a replacement is Sahin but Dortmund want 60m minimum ':rofl2:'. Any others you lot can think of? I generally play him in the middle alongside Pastore as a deep lying playmaker or box to box.
Original post by Seanisonfire
Been pushed into looking for Hamsik replacements for the summer. He's been averaging 6.7 for months now, he just doesn't seem into it :frown: the only decent player I can find as a replacement is Sahin but Dortmund want 60m minimum ':rofl2:'. Any others you lot can think of? I generally play him in the middle alongside Pastore as a deep lying playmaker or box to box.

Arda Turan?

Dunno how far in you'll be (how old he'll be) but he always does the business for me.
Reply 1126
Turan is ace. I love the Turkish players you can get. Some of my best regens are always turkish :dice:
What a monster, big transfers are rubbish and wheeling and dealing is the proper way to play :tongue:

Arturo Vidal, Gojko Kacar? Or just lower your standards! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by R-KAM
Turan is ace. I love the Turkish players you can get. Some of my best regens are always turkish :dice:

I always find the best regens are the Turks and Tunisians. Probably to do with their FIFA ranking more than anything.

Kevin, he's 18 when the game starts. However on all of my saves he ALWAYS ends up at Madrid after about a week. Check him out though, he plays for Zaragoza if he's gone to Real he's usually in their Youth/Castilla team rather than the main squad however it's still hard/impossible to get him.
Another player is Sergio Tejera, he's Spanish too, plays in the same position and is labelled as "could be the next Guardiola." Other than that there's Casemiro from Brazil, again 18 at the start and is already pushing Sahin for a place in my team in October of the first season - guy's ridiculous. They all play amazing at DLP Support.
Canales?
Original post by marcusmerehay

Original post by marcusmerehay
Arda Turan?

Dunno how far in you'll be (how old he'll be) but he always does the business for me.

Turan is at Man Utd on mine so idk, but I'll scope him out.

Original post by dnumberwang
Arturo Vidal, Gojko Kacar? Or just lower your standards! :tongue:

I have Vidal and my scouts aren't overly impressed with Kacar.

Original post by Troubled_Student
Kevin, he's 18 when the game starts. However on all of my saves he ALWAYS ends up at Madrid after about a week. Check him out though, he plays for Zaragoza if he's gone to Real he's usually in their Youth/Castilla team rather than the main squad however it's still hard/impossible to get him.
Another player is Sergio Tejera, he's Spanish too, plays in the same position and is labelled as "could be the next Guardiola." Other than that there's Casemiro from Brazil, again 18 at the start and is already pushing Sahin for a place in my team in October of the first season - guy's ridiculous. They all play amazing at DLP Support.

Kevin really hasn't developed like he usually does on this save for some reason, but I'll check out the others.

Original post by Karma Charger
Canales?

I don't play with AM and I'd only buy him to fit that position
Reply 1132
Still going on with good old Peterborough. Got relegated to the Championship [no surprises really], but won the league at a canter the next season so we're going straight back up. Got an amazing FA Cup run together too. Drew Chelsea away in R5 and won 1-0, Bolton away in R6 and won 1-0, then after 60 mins we were 2-1 up against Man U at Wembley in the SF, but lost 3-2 in the end [they scored with the last kick of the game :angry::angry:]

My star player/wonderkid is now amazingly happy to stay [despite the fact at one point he wouldn't speak to me, handed in a transfer request and had a whole page of clubs after him] altho he did want a new contract. All £79k/week's worth. :s-smilie: And I forgot Giovani Dos Santos has a "match highest earner" clause, so he's now on £79k/week too. And he's ****. Got in Gareth Barry [£55k/week] and Balotelli [£65k/week] aswell so if we go down this season we're gonna be bankrupt. :P Was manager of Poland for a bit but they were very unhappy about our WCQ performance even though I didn't manage a single match...... - I was on "insecure" at one point despite having not yet lost a match :biggrin: So binned them for South Korea :smile:

And another thing - somehow despite the fact I was managing a Championship team and my rep was only "regional", I've been linked to the job at Ajax :s-smilie: :confused: :biggrin:
One of my players makes it public he wants to leave his contract has 8 months to run (won't sign a new one) so I place him on the transfer list and he gets pissed. :confused:

Box to Box has to be Sissoko. He's incredible for me atm, I just rejected a £44m bid for him.
Deep Lying playmakers try Montolvio or Poli? Although they aren't actually any good defensively they play brilliantly in that role.
****ing Birmingham *****... just got both Nani and Valencia back from injury, couple of reserve team games to get them match fitness, couple of first team games to bring them in... then Birmingham scum want and they crippled both of them!

Though, oddly, my defenders are both scoring and getting assists for fun...
Just been thinking about how to put my new signing into my side... then he gets injured for 2 months. How convenient
Original post by Psychotic546

Original post by Psychotic546
Box to Box has to be Sissoko. He's incredible for me atm, I just rejected a £44m bid for him.
Deep Lying playmakers try Montolvio or Poli? Although they aren't actually any good defensively they play brilliantly in that role.

I sold Sissoko :colondollar: I didn't need him at the time. Every time I go to look at re-signing him I remember his billions of aimless and pointless long shots and think again. Monty is getting on but might be a decent/expensive stop gap. Will look at Poli.
Completed the quadruple :yeah: I don't care if I'm Man City and can afford all of the best players, it's one of my favourite achievements on this game. Was so tight with Liverpool in the premier league, some stupid losses kept giving them a way back in and we switched places at the top all the time. Eventually I got some proper consistency and won it with a game to spare. Beat Chelsea in the league cup final and Sunderland [on penalties] in the FA Cup final. Had Athletico Madrid in the CL final, after going down to a Reyes goal early on I came back and smashed them 5-1, Tevez with 2 goals and 2 assists. Tevez had an absolutely incredible season. It's great because he's just started to decline [he's 32] and he's had by far his best season ever, finishing on 53 goals in all competitions. Pastore, Sanchez, Hazard and Corchia have also all been excellent.
Reply 1139
Completed the quadruple :yeah: I don't care if I'm Man City and can afford all of the best players, it's one of my favourite achievements on this game.

See I know this should be the case for me but it just isn't. I look at the screen that lists every trophy, often including the Community Shield/Super Cup/World Club Cup and the other ones i've won absolutely everything, and I just think 'meh'. It's always the point in the game when I lose motivation, when I can't be bothered to do anymore because it has all been done.

I think my favourite ever achievement was winning the Prem with Preston about 4 seasons in, I loved that side :flutter:

Latest