The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

£5/week more worth it for new build?

Hello,

I have to apply for the accommodation at Aston and can't decide out of Lakeside and New Build. Lakeside is £110 and New Build is £115... there's also the standard accommodation but I can't see myself sharing a toilet with however many people. :/

Also I hear most first year students don't get Lakeside even if they put it as first choice, what's with that?

So Lakeside or New Build?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
There's not really that much of a difference I don't think and for £5 I doubt it matters that much. Lakeside tends to be the place that international students get but then I've lived there twice so there is a chance you might get it.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I was in Lakeside last year and am in New Build this year and I'd say go for New Build as it's newer, cleaner, much better and it's very much worth an extra £5 a week.
Reply 3
Original post by Broderss
I was in Lakeside last year and am in New Build this year and I'd say go for New Build as it's newer, cleaner, much better and it's very much worth an extra £5 a week.

Probably depends on the flat and who you're with.
Reply 4
I'd say it's worth the extra £5, but I don't think it was worth the extra £11 over Lakeside that it was this year (for the 7 bed.) As there's little difference as Hannah says, I wouldn't pay more than £5 to live in newer accommodation if I had the choice, as it's not something that really bothers me.
Whhhaaaat, when did Lakeside get that expensive? It was cheaper than that when it first opened!
Reply 6
Original post by raspberrybubbles
Whhhaaaat, when did Lakeside get that expensive? It was cheaper than that when it first opened!

They put all the accommodation down this year, Lakeside went down to £98 and Stafford down to £68. Next year is insane for Lakeside, it's up more than 10%, whereas the others are going up 5% ish. Inflation I guess, it's annoying considering it's going to depreciate each year.

Quick Reply

Latest