The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Why is this in the health and relationship section?

Anyway, do some good research beforehand. That applies to any interview. Be cautious of regurgitating large amounts of unnecessary information to show off however. Be concise in answering questions without too much rambling.

Good luck!
Reply 2
I usually google a company, check out any recent news about them on the search results and read the wikipedia article about them. Appear interested.
Original post by moomer1
how can i answer what do you know about sainsburys?

You know they have a job vacancy :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by moomer1

"Everything I've managed to remember from the wiki article"?

For real though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainsbury%27s

Note:

>Founded 1869
>Net income £585 million (2010)

One Sainsbury's-specific thing to mention could be their online-only recruitment which was apparently (according to Wiki) much criticised but personally I think it's a good thing, and so should you if you want to stay on the interviewer's good side.

Good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by moomer1

They are expensive and offer a sub-par service.
Reply 6
Original post by moomer1

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/storelocator/storelocator_landing.jsp

Find the Sainsbury's you're going to and memorise things. For my interview, I memorised this:
287 parking spaces
9 disabled parking spaces
6 parent and child parking spaces
2 ATM

Monday 0700 - 2200
Tuesday 0700 - 2200
Wednesday 0700 - 2200
Thursday 0700 - 2200
Friday 0700 - 2200
Saturday 0700 - 2200
Sunday 1000 - 1600

Store Manager
Jayne Edwards

Also, go in store and memorise the aisles and what they sell. Eg, the first thing you see when you walk in to EVERY big supermarket is fruit and veg. In my Sainsbury's aisles 1 and 2 have meat, aisle 3 has dairy like cheese and butter, aisle 4 has yogurt on one side and home design products on the other; etc etc.

Memorise things like that and profits and you're on your way.

Make sure you know the role you're applying for. I went in to the interview thinking it was for checkouts when it was actually for counters. Luckily, the question about the specific role didn't come up! So find out about the role too.
Reply 7
That Asda is cheaper and offer a wider range of products?
Reply 8
Original post by HarryA
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/storelocator/storelocator_landing.jsp

Find the Sainsbury's you're going to and memorise things. For my interview, I memorised this:
287 parking spaces
9 disabled parking spaces
6 parent and child parking spaces
2 ATM

Monday 0700 - 2200
Tuesday 0700 - 2200
Wednesday 0700 - 2200
Thursday 0700 - 2200
Friday 0700 - 2200
Saturday 0700 - 2200
Sunday 1000 - 1600

Store Manager
Jayne Edwards

Also, go in store and memorise the aisles and what they sell. Eg, the first thing you see when you walk in to EVERY big supermarket is fruit and veg. In my Sainsbury's aisles 1 and 2 have meat, aisle 3 has dairy like cheese and butter, aisle 4 has yogurt on one side and home design products on the other; etc etc.

Memorise things like that and profits and you're on your way.

Make sure you know the role you're applying for. I went in to the interview thinking it was for checkouts when it was actually for counters. Luckily, the question about the specific role didn't come up! So find out about the role too.

did you get the job? don't you think this is bit too much?!
@onda, I think he was trolling you with having to remember the number of parking spaces and ATM's. Tbh, I laughed at memorizing the opening and closing times lol

This was posted in 200 BC from The Student Room's iStone app.

Latest

Trending

Trending