The Student Room Group

Would you be upset if your boyfriend didn't call or text you all weekend?

I haven't heard from my boyfriend at all. I know he's doing stuff with mates, but what trouble is 1 text? Makes me feel like he doesn't think about me or something. And this always happens, yet he has time to text and call his mates when he's spending time with me :/

Scroll to see replies

text him 1st..

or grow a pair.
yeah i'd be pretty annoyed
text him!! :smile:
Reply 4
Well theres a hint. Take it :K:
hmmm trust issues maybe? , it wouldnt annoy me if I knew he was busy but I suppose yeah its not hard to send a little text or something.
Agree^ text him first.
lol, 6this is just exactly like my bf. But i know he isn't much of a texter, and when he texts/calls his friends when he's with me, it's usually important stuff.

Just don't text him. lol?

if you have a-levels, do some work.
Reply 8
A little if I had texted/called him and he hadn't replied all weekend.

Not at all if I didn't text/call him all weekend either.
Reply 9
"Would you be upset if your boyfriend didn't call or text you all weekend?"

Maybe it's just me, but surely you can see the irony in that statement?

They haven't text or called you, and you haven't text or called them. As you say, it isn't much effort to send 1 text message. You could have done that instead of posting this thread, or am I being cynical?
Reply 10
what upsets me more is that some people still have the mindset that men have to be the first to do everything

but me and my gf talk every night or so
Reply 11
I would be upset if he had said he was going to and didn't, or if I had texted him and he didn't reply, but no, I wouldn't be upset if I hadn't made the effort first.
Reply 12
yeah its horrible aint it, and people are saying you should text him first but why should you? you can some of the weekends but he should be the one what is the first to text sometimes too..
how often are you used to speaking? it's always hard if you're used to texting every day and then contact slows down but if that's the case take it as a sign that he feels secure in your relationship, not that he doesn't want to talk to you. in my experience boys think of texting in a very different way to girls, they see it more as a way of organising things or to say something specific, not just for general chit chat. if you want to talk to him just text him first it'll make you feel better than just sitting around :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by robodude789
text him 1st..

or grow a pair.

:colone:

Original post by missnatalie1710
yeah i'd be pretty annoyed

Can't you see the irony in that statement? Why do you have to wait for him to txt/call you? Perhaps if he does it all the time, then doesn't for whatever reason, it might be a hint for you to take up the baton? Just a thought.

Original post by Pan's-Labyrinth
hmmm trust issues maybe? , it wouldnt annoy me if I knew he was busy but I suppose yeah its not hard to send a little text or something.

Why do you expect him to txt you? It took the thread starter more time to write and post this than it would've to pick up her phone and dial his number/send him an sms!

Original post by Gemma16
yeah its horrible aint it, and people are saying you should text him first but why should you? you can some of the weekends but he should be the one what is the first to text sometimes too..

Perhaps he does? And thats why shes posting because its the first weekend that he hasn't? "and people are saying you should text him first but why should you?" maybe because it's down right despicable for the sexism that goes unchecked against men by women; the expectation that men have to do everything, all the time, and if they don't, and maybe hope that you will for a change, you should ignore them and wait for them to call - then give them the cold shoulder for having not done what they do all the time? Yeah - real fair. :smile:

Cheers
Original post by cynicism

because it's down right despicable for the sexism that goes unchecked against men by women; the expectation that men have to do everything, all the time, and if they don't, and maybe hope that you will for a change, you should ignore them and wait for them to call - then give them the cold shoulder for having not done what they do all the time? Yeah - real fair. :smile:

Cheers

sooooo funny!
Reply 16
cynicism giving it to the opposite gender there! :giggle:
My ex girlfriend did this all the time, I'd text her and she wouldn't reply. It annoyed the **** outta me and made me feel insecure like it is to you.

I'm not trying to be rude but a little more info would be useful, how long you've been together, how often he texts you usually, etc. If you've been together for a while and this is the first time this has happened I wouldn't think much of it, he's probably just been really busy and/or had a lot on his mind.

If, however this is a regular occurence, talk to him about it and see if he's willing to text you more often. He might not realise he's making you feel like this so maybe if you mention it he might change. :smile:
Reply 18
maybe he ran out of texts
Original post by cynicism

Why do you expect him to txt you? It took the thread starter more time to write and post this than it would've to pick up her phone and dial his number/send him an sms!

Cheers

I didnt say I expected him to text her or if it was my boyfriend to text me... I said I wouldnt care if I knew he was busy, but at the same time it wouldnt be hard for him to send a text. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending