The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Paper 1 Language

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by theblackphoenixcon
Ahhh. I epic failed at this one... I found the article about travelling in Spain quite hard, as there wasn't really much to talk about. The argue, persuade, advise was okay, but I didn't set out the letter correctly.

How did it go for you guys?

Exam wasn't hard, but I have **** handwriting, so I don't know. :/
If the examiner can understand my handwriting I'm hoping for a least 40-45 marks, but I doubt it...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Satta101
Can someone tell me the colour of the Garmin sports ad please? My friends think its a red colour but I saw a pink colour. Am I right or going colour blind? Because I wrote that the pink colour of the ad shows that it is aimed towards women!

It was a red tone however the watch definitely looked a lot more pink to me..
Original post by Satta101
Can someone tell me the colour of the Garmin sports ad please? My friends think its a red colour but I saw a pink colour. Am I right or going colour blind? Because I wrote that the pink colour of the ad shows that it is aimed towards women!

Pink definitely!
Reply 43
Original post by Member737,514
...Travelling in Spain!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Yeah minimus777, mine was about free-running and a Garmin sports watch. Was yours??

Same, mine was on free running to, lol. What question did you do on section B? I done question 08.
Reply 44
LOL i am sure i seen red
Reply 45
btw what did you write for the facts and opinions question
Reply 46
Original post by lolroflmao94
Pink definitely!

Eeeeeep. I put that the red was a uni-sex colour and therefore, although the woman was the main focus, it would be considered to be that, and that the fact that it goes on about getting it in both mens and womens colours confirms this!

Also I did the argue, and I thought I rambled on a bit, but I'm hoping for at least a B or I'm going to have to re-take!
Original post by Maalcolm
Ergh I did the exact same, I obviously mentioned there was a woman pictured but I didn't specifically write it appealed more to women :confused:.

****ing ****, I didn't write about genders either :wtf:
Reply 48
As long as you substantiated your point, I don't see why any analysis would be seen as 'wrong', its your own interpretation. Presentational devices wise, I talked about product placement, colour contrast, typeface & font etc. I said she looked calm and confident with the help of her new fitness tool (OWTTE). DON'T WORRY, ANYTHING GOES!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SARAHLOUY
oh god i didnt write any of that

Yeah I didn't either! Oh my God I'm looking at responses in this thread and my answer feels so inadequate and undeveloped :frown:

What did everyone write for Question 4? The one where you had to compare how language is used in Item 1 and 2? Item 2 hardly had anything related to language though :s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 50
It was totally a dark pink....
Reply 51
Original post by soufyaan
btw what did you write for the facts and opinions question

Erm, the advertisement used both a mixture of facts and opinions to persuade the target audience to buy the product. I wrote how it used an opinion then after stating the opinion it listed facts (the products capabilities) to put it in a positive light or something :s-smilie:.
Original post by soufyaan
LOL i am sure i seen red

me too. what grades do you guys think your will get for that paper.
for me i didn't like the subject, it was terrible.
Original post by Umbra-Luna
Eeeeeep. I put that the red was a uni-sex colour and therefore, although the woman was the main focus, it would be considered to be that, and that the fact that it goes on about getting it in both mens and womens colours confirms this!

Also I did the argue, and I thought I rambled on a bit, but I'm hoping for at least a B or I'm going to have to re-take!

I guess that is an alternative! Still a good answer in my opinion though don't worry :P
Reply 54
Original post by berryripple
****ing ****, I didn't write about genders either :wtf:

same and i didnt write about colours. i feel like crying, at least it was only like a 7 mark question, so even if i only got about 4 i'd be happy as i feel i did well on the other questions
Reply 55
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Yeah I didn't either! Oh my God I'm looking at responses in this thread and my answer feels so inadequate and undeveloped :frown:

What did everyone write for Question 4? The one where you had to compare how language is used in Item 1 and 2? Item 2 hardly had anything related to language though :s-smilie: :frown:

I wrote absolute bull****, something about how Item 1 takes on a more opinionated and personal perspective of the urban sport compared to Item 2 which is more focusing on the professional and business marketing perspective of the device.

I could cry haha.
Reply 56
Original post by lolroflmao94
I guess that is an alternative! Still a good answer in my opinion though don't worry :P

Whew. Anyway, who did the argue, and what did you put in?
The enlarged image of the watch was definitely red and the one she had on was pink. I wrote that the red wtach matches the brand's theme colour and the red symbolizes passion and determination for fitness and also declares war on unhealthiness :wink:
Reply 58

For Item 1 - formal, technical and informational language suited to purpose of informing reader about the details and background behind the new popularity of free running etc

For Item 2 - emotive language, persuasive lang suited to purpose of advertisement etc.
Reply 59

i wrote alot about the formality of each and the way the facts and opinions have been worded, like the article had statitics

Was i on the right track?

Quick Reply

Latest