The Student Room Group

AS Geography Unit 1 AQA - 17th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Helpful_Charlie

Parks? Primary schools? Powerleague? and very little open space; then pubs, social clubs and forests for rural. That was the sort of question that you could make the answer up to.

Nope, we definitely did not learn this in class :frown:
Reply 61
Original post by heymynameisben
Pissed off I missed the very first question about labeling the picture >:frown:
Apart from that the paper went okay although the 15 marker for the food supply was a bit ambiguous ( I wrote about organic and locally produced food)

I WROTE THAT ASWELL.
Reply 62
I just did the River Quaggy and Three Gorges comparing them together. I mentioned the costs, displacement, environmental impact and benefits amongst a few other points. Is that similar to what you did?

(I sort of quadrupled the cost of the Three Gorges dam - I hope they don't penalise me)

Oh my God I feel like such an idiot. My teacher gave me a sheet on those two just last Friday (yeah we didn't finish the syllabus until the last day of school :rolleyes:). And I just read through it but didn't learn it! Oh kicking myself now :frown: I talked about York and Los Angeles. Oh I want to slap myself ughhhh.
Original post by Ezza B
Nope, we definitely did not learn this in class :frown:

Neither did we. I saw what they did with the first question and just made up stuff; hopefully it was enough.

Good luck to you for unit 2.
I wrote a bit about Antarctica and and the innuit's, does that mean I have lost 15 marks and I thought it was difficult to get 15 marks out of waterfalls. I understand the health question.
Reply 65
My mate said to me before the exam "I bet the DTM will come up as the 15marker"

I rubbished it and BAM, it turns up! The only question which I struggled with majorly was the Transport one, there I was 3 hours before the exam revising for the use of renewable and nucleur power!
Original post by S_123
Oh my God I feel like such an idiot. My teacher gave me a sheet on those two just last Friday (yeah we didn't finish the syllabus until the last day of school :rolleyes:). And I just read through it but didn't learn it! Oh kicking myself now :frown: I talked about York and Los Angeles. Oh I want to slap myself ughhhh.

You can still get an A even with messing up one question.

Good luck on Tuesday :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Michael Snares
I wrote a bit about Antarctica and and the innuit's, does that mean I have lost 15 marks and I thought it was difficult to get 15 marks out of waterfalls. I understand the health question.

waterfalls was a 7 marker. 15 marker in the rivers section was comparing soft with hard engineering river flood management
Reply 68
what did people write on the waterfall diagram. and did anyone do the health section.?why swine flu was a global concern
Reply 69
I actually think it went quite alright for me.

Deserts really ****ed me over though. The 15 marker was about a desertification case study I didn't even revise (Sahel), I revised the Southern Spain one. :angry:

Population and Health was quite easy. Large parts of it were source-based, so that was cool, although I wasn't expecting a DTM 15 marker.

Rivers went well because I kind of assumed that soft engineering and waterfalls would come up. xD
a lot of my friends put hiv and aids for the last question on non communicable diseases, anyone else?
Reply 71
Original post by alittlehelp
a lot of my friends put hiv and aids for the last question on non communicable diseases, anyone else?

my friends did too
Reply 72
You can still get an A even with messing up one question.

Good luck on Tuesday :smile:

Lol I've messed up a lot more than one question :p: From the looks of what I've seen in this thread, you seem to have done really well! :smile:
Thank you! You too!
Reply 73
how many marks would you need on both exams to get a C grade roughly .someone please help me
Reply 74
Original post by Desecrator
I actually think it went quite alright for me.

Deserts really ****ed me over though. The 15 marker was about a desertification case study I didn't even revise (Sahel), I revised the Southern Spain one. :angry:

Population and Health was quite easy. Large parts of it were source-based, so that was cool, although I wasn't expecting a DTM 15 marker.

Rivers went well because I kind of assumed that soft engineering and waterfalls would come up. xD

what did u put for the swine flu being a global concern question? and the waterfall labelling
Reply 75
For the glacier 15 marker was it ok to talk about Antartica and the alps etc... or not because it was tundra?
did anyone do the desert 15 mark question? what did you put? i put alot about the problems for the people in the sahel but dont think it was the best answer
I found the majority of it was common sense, a lot of it I just made up on the spot, and I found I needed hardly any case studies, which was good as I only knew a small number. I'm pretty sure that I'll get full UMS for it
ok, who on earth put those articles into the exam?! did anyone feel like they were regurgitating the articles?
the exam wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard.. the whole layout was completely wrong, i mean 4 marks for sticking some labels on a picture, what is this?!
and that population question on two settlements we've studied and the provisions available, don't quite remember studying the provisions in place! :mad:
Reply 79
how many marks would you need on both exams to get a C grade roughly .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending