The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel History Unit 2

Scroll to see replies

I reckon something to do with Henry VIII's foreign policy 1515-29. Although the fall of Cromwell is a real possibility...
Reply 41
Original post by charcharchar
How's everyone feeling about this exam?

I'm not feeling too bad as it's fairly late and I have 3 other exams before it..

I took it last year and got a very high B but need an A preferably...

So, how far has everyone got with revision?

I've done Atlee thoroughly, Conserv years after that and am now up to Harold Wilson and Heath!:smile:

I am, and am reasonably confident. I've been getting high A's in timed essays, but I do tend to go blank during exams. I've done up to the first Wilson government so far, and have tomorrow to look over the rest. Good luck to you, and to anyone else doing this exam. :smile:

PS, if anyone has any question predictions, please post them.
Reply 42
Yeah, our class was discussing this and thought fall of Cromwell might come up
Reply 43
I liked learning about foreign policy but not sure if I could answer a question on it =/ lets hope the sources are good if it is...
Reply 44
is there anyone who will do this tomorrow ?
what do you think may come up ? :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Rascacielos
From what I remember from last year, there's a compulsory sourced based question at the beginning for which you only need a very basic knowledge of what the sources are talking about, which might help you to recognise dates that may have influenced the authors of the sources. Then you have to compare the sources and evaluate how useful they are etc. This could be on any of the 3 topics.

The 2nd part is sources + own knowledge and I think there are 2 options for this part, which will be on 2 different wars.

Ok thanks much :smile: is the second part likely to be on the Boer and WW1 then? or could it be any of the wars?
Reply 46
Does anyone have notes on the boer was i can use, i havent left myself enough time and now im struggling

thanks
Reply 47
Original post by stefaniee
is there anyone who will do this tomorrow ?
what do you think may come up ? :smile:

Do you mean the experince of warfare in Britain paper? because thats what i'm doing. It's on the Boer, Crimean and WW1

sorry I'm not sure whats likely to come up but I reckon it would be safe studying the crimean and Boer war because the Boer war could be an A question and an option between the Crimean and ww1 for the B part
oh well I'm screwed lol Good luck :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Shakk
Does anyone have notes on the boer was i can use, i havent left myself enough time and now im struggling

thanks

No i'm sorry aint got any notes try reading the text book maybe

yeah same here only started revising last night but i've gone through the crimea so I will be focusing on the Boer war and past papers now
Reply 49
Original post by daizeee
No i'm sorry aint got any notes try reading the text book maybe

yeah same here only started revising last night but i've gone through the crimea so I will be focusing on the Boer war and past papers now

regret taking history :/
Original post by daizeee
Ok thanks much :smile: is the second part likely to be on the Boer and WW1 then? or could it be any of the wars?

It could be on any of them. I think in mine the Boer War didn't come up at all! It's perfectly possible that they give you the Section A war in Section B as well.
Reply 51
I know its the day before, but heres a site i found useful. Its from the people who wrote my textbook. It's got exemplar answers for the 20mark and 40mark, mark schemes etc. Hope it helps, and sorry its a day before :s

http://www.hodderplus.com/accesstohistory2/edexcel-units/C2-Changing-Position-of-Women/index.htm
Reply 52
Yeah I agree, the paper could be on anything.
I think most past papers ive seen included all 3 wars as there is a choice of 2 questions in part B
I know that Flo Nightingale and Mary Seacole is always popular but I did that as a mock so maybe not? :s-smilie:
I'm worried.
Reply 54
You don't actually need much own knowledge in this exam. It's only 12 facts for an A in the Type B question.
The exam is tomorrow, does anyone have any useful notes?
Reply 56
hows your revision going and whats the main things your revising
So, essentially you could do well in part A with doing next to no revision ?

Also what do people think the chances of the Anglo-Irish Settlement section coming up if it was already done in January (as has been mentioned earlier), as this is the only one I'm not that strong on.
Reply 58
This is my 3rd attempt to get better than a D on this Paper. Got a comfortable B on the Russia paper last year. My general advice i've been given and try to use is to just anaylse the sources in table type structure:

source agree disagree NOP

Something like that it seem to work in my mocks. Once I've analysed the sources just got to make sure you refer to them lots and don't use massive amounts of own knowledge. Relate the source to your point/question.

Take into account the NOP and each paragraph i think is just basicly analysing the sources and compare their points of view.
Reply 59
Its generally part a Crimea part B Boer or WW1

Part A is just sources and part B is generally reforms. I've sat this paper twice now and going in for a third try and this the general style of the exam :smile:

But its a technique paper more then anything which is why i fail at it. :frown: got a B in the other one and stuck on a D here :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending