The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSEs?

I was just wondering, what do you guys think the hardest GCSE is?
I know they're probably nothing compared to A-Levels but I just wanted to know :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Ancient Russian Literature
Reply 2
Food Tech. Purely because the coursework is SO BORING and takes BLOODY FOREVER.
And I had a two hour exam about eggs.

Hard because it's boring and you want to kill it. Not because of the content :tongue:
Reply 3
It depends how much work you put in
I'd say Art or Maths for me
Reply 4
Original post by WelshDragon23

Original post by WelshDragon23
Ancient Russian Literature

:lolwut:

I would say a language like Cantonese though, because it would be extremely difficult to master in two years!
Reply 5
Languages because they involve so many different skills. They are also, in my opinion, by far the most useful in life. By an absolute mile!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
English --> I really hated that subject!!
Reply 7
Astronomy
Original post by Hazular

Hard because it's boring and you want to kill it. Not because of the content :tongue:

this. it is so ****ing repetitive, I just wrote the same thing for the CW like 50 times.
Apparently Welsh is difficult, I wouldn't know, I have always spoken it :biggrin:
Original post by Hazular

I couldn't agree more.

Were you forced to take a DT option? I was and I didn't want to do it.

It pissed me off that the school made DT compulsory ( a choice of Electronics, Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Textiles or Food Technology), all a bad lot, IMO, yet the school couldn't offer triple science, more than one modern language or law/ sociology anything else?
Reply 11
I find English Literature a pain.
Reply 12
Original post by Elissabeth
I couldn't agree more.

Were you forced to take a DT option? I was and I didn't want to do it.

It pissed me off that the school made DT compulsory ( a choice of Electronics, Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Textiles or Food Technology), all a bad lot, IMO, yet the school couldn't offer triple science, more than one modern language or law/ sociology anything else?

No, we weren't forced, but the way our GCSEs were structured, one block was mainly just Technology, and we had to pick a subject from each block and Food Tech was the one I thought would be easiest hahaha. I really enjoyed the subject itself, I love cooking and whatnot, it was just the stupid coursework! Haha. Seemed to go on forever!
Yeah your school seems a bit rubbish, ours offered triple science and three languages :/ They offered psychology for the year below us as well.

Original post by venenecinema
this. it is so ****ing repetitive, I just wrote the same thing for the CW like 50 times.

I did. My product was stuffed bell peppers, every page it was basically
You can have a red pepper, or a green pepper, or an orange pepper or a yellow pepper.
You can have quorn mince, beef mince or turkey mince.
So you can have a red pepper with quorn mince, a green pepper with quorn mince.. etc.
IT MADE ME CRY SO MUCH.
Full marks though, so I can't complain :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by und
I would say a language like Cantonese though, because it would be extremely difficult to master in two years!

Isn't that sort of option mostly taken by native Cantonese speakers etc? I don't know anywhere that teaches it from scratch.

I'd say art or graphics - they were easily the most time-consuming GCSEs I did.
Reply 14
French, purely because I just sucked at it.
GCSE's aren't hard; /thread

The fact that I failed all but 4 of them not withstanding :rolleyes:

All though to be fair they were all B's in the hardest ones :colondollar:

Boy I feel like an ass when I look at my GCSE results :rolleyes:
Original post by Hazular
No, we weren't forced, but the way our GCSEs were structured, one block was mainly just Technology, and we had to pick a subject from each block and Food Tech was the one I thought would be easiest hahaha. I really enjoyed the subject itself, I love cooking and whatnot, it was just the stupid coursework! Haha. Seemed to go on forever!
Yeah your school seems a bit rubbish, ours offered triple science and three languages :/ They offered psychology for the year below us as well.

As no-one ever, ever uses it for anything, its highly unlikely you will need it for anything in the future. No-one ever does it for A-level.

You could just not do it and they'll probably kick you out of the subject, but who cares?
Original post by JSLCampbell
GCSE's aren't hard; /thread

The fact that I failed all but 4 of them not withstanding :rolleyes:

All though to be fair they were all B's in the hardest ones :colondollar:

Boy I feel like an ass when I look at my GCSE results :rolleyes:

Have you already seen all of your results then?
ART = long, painstaking and HOURS of work

MATHS = because I wasn't great at it :tongue:

BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS = because it was a complete joke which involved having no teacher most of the time
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Well there all COMPLETE piss
but i suppose english literature/latin?
(or old language spec)

Quick Reply