The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illusionary
Yep, that's the button to use, which should create the tracked session on DaP. Then just replace the URL in your address bar and go from there. :smile:

First time order so I've not got a number there yet - I expect that I'll get one shortly? Just got an order update: "being processed" :biggrin:
did you have insurance for £7 added and gadget support for £20

are you going to cancel when you get it?
Original post by jermaindefoe

did you have insurance for £7 added and gadget support for £20

are you going to cancel when you get it?

Yep, but just cancel both asap once you have the relevant reference numbers. You might end up paying for one month's 'gadget support', but that only shows as £2.93 for me.
Yep, but just cancel both asap once you have the relevant reference numbers. You might end up paying for one month's 'gadget support', but that only shows as £2.93 for me.

PLUS FREE INSURANCE for 1 month for your mobile, thereafter £6.99 per month. Click for details. NB The policy only covers the mobile phone purchased.
FREE Gadget Helpline Support for 1 month - thereafter £18.30/3.05pm, cancellable at any time.
Unlimited Text Messages

:holmes:
ordered. how do i view my cashback i recieved?

:holmes:

Shows as £2.93 on my confirmation email :dontknow:

Gadget Helpline Support (£2.93 p/m) - my confirmation email , are you forgetting to add some sort of tax ?!

Same. Shows as like £18 on the site and then £2.93 on the email.

Doesn't matter as i'm going to ring up monday morning and cancel both the things anyway and never get charged so.... :cool:
Original post by MHorman
Same. Shows as like £18 on the site and then £2.93 on the email.

Doesn't matter as i'm going to ring up monday morning and cancel both the things anyway and never get charged so.... :cool:

how can you cancel without any of the details?

also can we buy out of the contract early or do you pay more? for example pay the £250 up front?

also can we buy out of the contract early or do you pay more? for example pay the £250 up front?

I got details in my confirmation email.

That should be enough to cancel the insurance/tech help. If not i wait a week for the phone to arrive before cancelling it. No big deal really...

And the Phone Owners Soc IV is doing well...:rolleyes:

Both services free for the first month so it doesn't matter matter when you cancel as long, in plenty of time.

There's no point buying out IMO, might as well use the allowances given each month.

Edit:
PS3 is sooooo awesome.
Original post by spikeymike
Both services free for the first month so it doesn't matter matter when you cancel as long, in plenty of time.

There's no point buying out IMO, might as well use the allowances given each month.

Edit:
PS3 is sooooo awesome.

thats why this society is so good :tongue:

look at mo coming in here, dropping a bomb of a deal, then leaving while we all go nuts lol!
(edited 12 years ago)
thats why this society is so good :tongue:

look at mo coming in here, dropping a bomb of a deal, then off while we all go nuts lol!

Prolly on PS3 tbh. :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 252
Original post by MHorman
Ordered. :colondollar:

Do you have a Dial a Phone number so you can blag £20?

Thanks, i don't use that many minutes a month anyway tbh and internet...

And if bigmo isn't with dial a phone and you are(i can't remember who you went with in the end) then PM me your number for a free £20...

Funniest thing was trying to ring orange to see if they could just match the offer to save me the effort but they weren't even close. They wanted £35 a month minimum if i wanted the phone for free... The funny part was me giving my details and then being told my dad is the primary account holder so calling back 5 minutes later as my dad :ninja: and getting the exact same person in a call centre of hundreds and having to put on a funny low voice and say stuff like "my son just tried calling but couldn't do it" to which she replied "yea, he actually got through to me as well". :colondollar:

Also, if neither of you are on Dial a phone then i will be accepting random PMs of phone number from other members on a first come first served basis for £20 cashback or whatever Dial a phone is doing...:wink:

Yeah I do actually :p: Dunno if I'm a bit late or not though...don't mind tbh. :wink:

I'm still pondering buying it myself cos it's a pretty good deal haha...got arguably one of the best phones around atm and I'm still a sucker for a good deal :awesome:
it says on HUKD

You could call up the week/month after you get this (if you get it at this price) and do an early cancel on the contract.
You'd have to pay it off in full, BUT they knock off the VAT for the months that you haven't use, so you'd be getting another 20% off !!

So in effect getting the phone for £192? Is this easy to do? Do Orange try to stop you doing this or ask for the phone back?

No, its a standard way to leave a contract.

Just call them up say you want to cancel, they'll calculate the fee and you're done. The phone's yours free and clear the moment you get it. They can not ask for it back, and it didn't come from them any wa

thats definitely what i am doing if the topcashback approach illusionary suggested works
But why leave? You'd then have to pay on top whatever you need to use your phone for?
Original post by spikeymike
But why leave? You'd then have to pay on top whatever you need to use your phone for?

but you can get some pretty good offers for the payg sims and i use the phone very little
Reply 256
it says on HUKD

thats definitely what i am doing if the topcashback approach illusionary suggested works

I've heard that a few times too you...might be worth looking into it
Original post by bigmo7
I've heard that a few times too you...might be worth looking into it

well thats the sensation out of the window :tongue: , half the price tho tbh
Original post by bigmo7
Yeah I do actually :p: Dunno if I'm a bit late or not though...don't mind tbh. :wink:

I'm still pondering buying it myself cos it's a pretty good deal haha...got arguably one of the best phones around atm and I'm still a sucker for a good deal :awesome:

PM me your number.

I gotta ring them next week to sort out cancelling the insurance and the number i orignally gave(my brothers) didn't work so i'm allowed to "correct" the number to your one.

There we go £20 sure beats +6 worth of rep.

It's good for me, i pay £5 less a month than i do atm for the same internet and texts AND an awesome new phone...

Slightly less minutes but i normally only use about 15 mins a month anyway... :colondollar:
Original post by MHorman

Original post by MHorman
It's good for me, i pay £5 less a month than i do atm for the same internet and texts AND an awesome new phone...

Slightly less minutes but i normally only use about 15 mins a month anyway... :colondollar:

:ditto: Suits me perfectly :biggrin: I don't need all of the minutes I currently get by a long way, and while I currently have more internet allowance the 100MB probably still covers it.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest