The Student Room Group

HELP PLEASE- 'Building Society Roll Number'

hey guys, pleaase help me with this one.

I am applying for student finance and I've reached the section where they are asking for bank details. I am with Halifax, however, I put in my account and sort code number which is okay.. but when it comes to me entering my building society roll number, its says invalid. I tried entering it in so many different ways but it still says the same thing. i also tried leaving it blank but it didn't work.

i know the roll number is the number at the back of the card that begins with 'D' and the section can only hold up to 18 characters.

I don't know what to do, pleasee help
Reply 1
Original post by slimchick93
hey guys, pleaase help me with this one.

I am applying for student finance and I've reached the section where they are asking for bank details. I am with Halifax, however, I put in my account and sort code number which is okay.. but when it comes to me entering my building society roll number, its says invalid. I tried entering it in so many different ways but it still says the same thing. i also tried leaving it blank but it didn't work.

i know the roll number is the number at the back of the card that begins with 'D' and the section can only hold up to 18 characters.

I don't know what to do, pleasee help

Halifax is a bank not a building society, i think it used to be a building society but it changed.

'Roll numbers for all your bank and savings products have been replaced by sort code and account numbers.'

So, take of this what you will. I assume this means you do not need a roll number any more as it is no longer a building society?
Reply 2
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
Halifax is a bank not a building society, i think it used to be a building society but it changed.

'Roll numbers for all your bank and savings products have been replaced by sort code and account numbers.'

So, take of this what you will. I assume this means you do not need a roll number any more as it is no longer a building society?

thanks.. i went there a few days ago and they said i should use the number on the back of my card.. but whether i enter it or not into student finance, it wont let me continue.

thanks for you're help though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending