The Student Room Group

Worst place in the UK to live?!

Worst place in the UK to live?! Im going to have to say Derby or Nottingham what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends....parts of South Yorkshire, Parts of both North and South Wales, Bits of london...the list could go on.
Original post by T'archer
It depends....parts of South Yorkshire, Parts of both North and South Wales, Bits of london...the list could go on.

i thought yorkshire was quite nice?
Anywhere north of Cambridge. *hides*
Reply 4
Some of east London is pretty grim...unless you love halal meat!
Reply 5
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
i thought yorkshire was quite nice?

Yorkshires a massive county though! We have some deprived places: Bradford, bits of Leeds, bits of Sheffield, most of Rotherham, Doncaster...but yes we also have places like York, Harragate and Cities such as Leeds which equals us out.
Reply 6
Scotland
Personally most of the home counties because they all seem pretty flat and bland - particularly Bedfordshire.
Reply 8
Swindon. There's nothing there.
Yorkshires a massive county though! We have some deprived places: Bradford, bits of Leeds, bits of Sheffield, most of Rotherham, Doncaster...but yes we also have places like York, Harragate and Cities such as Leeds which equals us out.

Yorkshire is good - it has a few places to avoid - North Yorkshire is generally very wealthy and the scenery :sogood: East Yorks outside of Hull - think Beverley and entering the Vale of York is pretty rich as well. South Yorks is probably the worst - West Yorks is generally good - apart from Bradford.

I agree with Derby and Nott'm it tends to have that bland East-Midlandsy dfeel that I get in Brum as well.

I don't mean to be offensive - but I think overall Birmingham is the worst major British city. The best is Edinburgh, followed by Newcastle in my opinion. London is fascinating, but it's too big to have a generic feel.
(edited 12 years ago)

point made lol
Anywhere other than somerset.
Reply 12
Original post by Mighty Moe
Scotland

No fees, u mad????
Reply 13
Wolverhampton surely. It's like a wasteland.
Stoke-on-Trent, it's an absolute **** hole. I die a little inside every time I visit people there.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15

I live in Rotherham and it's not THAT bad :tongue:

The town centre is appalling though.
Midlands is doing badly!
Reply 17
I would have to agree with Derby, but that's only because it is pretty much the place in the UK which is furthest from the sea. Derby itself may be very nice (I don't know I haven't been there), but having grown up by the sea the idea of being that far away from the coast would make it the worst place to live for me.
Telford and Wolverhampton.
Reasons for Nottingham? :/

Barnsley IMO, **** town, no mines.

Quick Reply

Latest