The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Murray doesn't look great even in the opening games so far, movement looks a bit slow. Really hope it's not that bad because this is the best draw he could have asked for.
Reply 261
Gutted. Murray had such a great draw, and had such a great clay season. He can barely move out there, I've never seen him so sluggish. I hope it's beter by Wimbledon.
Reply 262
A few more service games like this from Troicki and Murray might just stick it out, Murray has broken back twice, serving for 4-5!
Reply 263
These are terrific signs from Murray. He's lost the set but he could have been bageled. To think he was close to levelling the set for 5-5 as well.

His hard shots are landing in more often now... he must have been lacking confidence with his ankle at the start. His movement isn't great but he's doing enough to get into position at least.
Reply 264
He's down 2 sets to 1 but he played well in that third set to take it 6-3. I don't think the ankle is bothering him too much, I hink it's his head that will decide the outcome of the match. If he's calm he does well, when hes grumpy he does poorly. Surely someone on his team needs to start telling him off for losing his temper. He's not John McEnroe, he isn't firing himself up!
Reply 265
Hes done it! I didn't think he would have been able to after last night. Gon yerself Murray!!
Great comeback in the fifth and it clearly got to Troicki. He should've won when he was serving for it. I wish he had gone over to the ball boy as well because I did feel bad for him. It looked like he might cry at one point. Hopefully he will try and find him after the match and say something.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Great comeback in the fifth and it clearly got to Troicki. He should've won when he was serving for it. I wish he had gone over to the ball boy as well because I did feel bad for him. It looked like he might cry at one point. Hopefully he will try and find him after the match and say something.

I missed that point in the match- what did the ball boy do?
Original post by kbountra
I missed that point in the match- what did the ball boy do?

Troicki had smashed the ball and the ball boy obviously thought the point was over so he ran onto the court but Murray had returned the smash. Troicki the put the ball away for a winner but the umpire called a let because the ball boy had come onto the court during the point. The ball boy even looked scared of Troicki a few points later when he ran onto the court to get a ball.

I understand that Troicki was upset about it and in the heat of the moment he didn't say anything to the ball boy but, as I said, I hope once he's calmed down he tries to find the ball boy. I mean Troicki went onto break and win that game, so thankfully it didn't really alter the course of the match.
Oh how I hate Sharapova. Sure she's a fighter, 10/10 for trying etc. but I just cannot stand watching her mainly because of the noise, but also the brainless ball bashing and lack of variety. She is the WTA in short, since she happens to scream louder and hit harder than the other women. Really hope Li Na knocks her out, but not much hope of that I guess.

And Petkovic is way hotter than her as well. :biggrin:
Original post by Sirocco11
Oh how I hate Sharapova. Sure she's a fighter, 10/10 for trying etc. but I just cannot stand watching her mainly because of the noise, but also the brainless ball bashing and lack of variety. She is the WTA in short, since she happens to scream louder and hit harder than the other women. Really hope Li Na knocks her out, but not much hope of that I guess.

WHAAAAT?!

Sharapova and Clijsters are the only players that make me even remotely inclined to watch women's tennis. But each to their own. :smile:

Plus, she is mighty fine. :sexface:
Reply 271
Why did they have to schedule Rafa-Soderling and Murray-Chela at the same time? :sigh:

Really don't know what's going to happen with Murray. He has a good record against Chela and is obviously the better player but it all depends on how comfortable he is on his ankle really, and what kind of mental state he's in. C'mon son, get to the Semis :france:
Reply 272
Well that was unexpected. Li Na beat Azarenka and so all of the people whom I picked to win the women's draw are out. Looks like it will be a Schiavone-Sharapova final though Li Na may have other ideas. Interesting...

As for the men, Murray should reach the SF. As for Nadal...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 273
Great fight from Murray. Footwork a bit off at times and the amount of drop shots suggests he wants to be finishing points quite quickly but the ankle doesn't seem to be troubling him too much. The drop shots have been quite effective anyway.

Been a good match to watch, some great points. That set lasted about an hour and ten minutes I think, imagine if it goes to 5 :eek3:

And...? You can't blame her for doing what she does best. It's on the other players to find ways of beating this "brainless" player. You should play to your strengths and that's all Sharapova does.
Original post by TheMagicRat
And...? You can't blame her for doing what she does best. It's on the other players to find ways of beating this "brainless" player. You should play to your strengths and that's all Sharapova does.

I wasn't talking about the effectiveness of her play, and I did say that she does it better than anyone in the WTA. But her game is tied up with her annoying on-court demeanor and her ****ing infuriating screaming. At least we don't get her and Azarenka on the same court at once.

Rafa takes out Soderling in straights with his best performance of the tournament by far. Was a brick wall and as usual mastered the big points.
Original post by Louis.
Why did they have to schedule Rafa-Soderling and Murray-Chela at the same time? :sigh:

Really don't know what's going to happen with Murray. He has a good record against Chela and is obviously the better player but it all depends on how comfortable he is on his ankle really, and what kind of mental state he's in. C'mon son, get to the Semis :france:

Scheduling at the French tends to be weird. I mean the mixed doubles final is tomorrow. It's not helped by starting on a Sunday. They could easily manage by starting on a Monday and I'm a fan of trying to have everyone play on the same day once you get into the second week.

I wasn't talking about the effectiveness of her play, and I did say that she does it better than anyone in the WTA. But her game is tied up with her annoying on-court demeanor and her ****ing infuriating screaming. At least we don't get her and Azarenka on the same court at once.

Rafa takes out Soderling in straights with his best performance of the tournament by far. Was a brick wall and as usual mastered the big points.

Alright then, I'll let you off. I'm not really bothered by the noise that players make but, just out of curiosity, what is it about her on-court demeanor that you don't like? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. With regards to on-court demeanor I really like Bartoli.
Terrible, terrible serving from Sharapova today. Quite fitting that the final point of the match was given from a double fault.
Reply 278
Tomorrow :excited:

Rafa in 3 and Djok in 4 for me.
I agree, Rafa to win, maybe in 4. The other semi, however, I just have a small feeling for Federer. I think Federer will have to to take the first set or he is done.

The women's final could be a good one. I like both of them but I think I will be rooting for Li, even though I do think Schiavone will win.

Latest