The Student Room Group

Exams you've failed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Got a U in C3, resat got an A. Got a U in C4 too that year.. and a D in mechanics. I had no motivation, even found myself making excuses to leave lessons early :/
Got a D in my chemistry this January too.. Resitting that and will probably do no better. Chemistry is the anti-rob. Welll it is when you've no motivation. Had my fair share of As/A*s (couple of 100%s too somehow!) to balance it out though :tongue: I really should avoid subjects I dislike with a passion
Reply 21
AS General Studies I got an E =D

Not really a real subject though =P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
I got an E in the Ethics side of my Philosophy and Ethics mock. Predicted an A :p: My teacher was aghast. Just took the real exam last Thursday and actually revised. It better not be another E :rant:
Got a U in my first C1 mock. Felt pretty bad XD
The awkward moment when you think "i've done enough revision to get an A" and then you get a D...
An E in GCSE Art. I was young and naive as they say.
Reply 26
D in ICT AS.

Didn't work, didn't plan to work and never would have worked.
Reply 27
Failed my OCR AS F211 Biology exam in January nicely. Did a resit 2 weeks ago and now I am dreading August :s-smilie:
Reply 28
I got an E in AS Latin translation. I learnt as many words as I could and made up the grammar as I went along.
The worst I've ever done was getting a C in an AS Critical Thinking exam. I considered retaking it, but eventually decided I didn't give a damn.
Reply 30
Original post by doivid
I got an E in AS Latin translation. I learnt as many words as I could and made up the grammar as I went along.

That sounds a lot like my GCSE arabic, learned as many words as i could the night before..and when I did write sentences I wrote all the words in the wrong order..
I say wrong order, but it felt right to me at the time :biggrin:

LORD KNOWS HOW I EVEN GOT A D
Reply 31
C in biology chemistry and physics unit 1 modules AS level.
Reply 32
Original post by Sifr
That sounds a lot like my GCSE arabic, learned as many words as i could the night before..and when I did write sentences I wrote all the words in the wrong order..
I say wrong order, but it felt right to me at the time :biggrin:

LORD KNOWS HOW I EVEN GOT A D

Yeah that sounds a lot like what I was doing. I also got a D overall when my other papers were taken into account.
Reply 33
Exams I've failed? General stduies.

Subjects I've failed? None.
Reply 34
Original post by Unkempt_One
The worst I've ever done was getting a C in an AS Critical Thinking exam. I considered retaking it, but eventually decided I didn't give a damn.

:biggrin:
Same. Although I could still consider it some sort of accomplishment, a C was the highest grade achieved in the subject throughout my sixth.
Reply 35
Original post by Manitude
Got 43% in a practice S1 paper once.
Though I had only joined the class a week or two previously so I hadn't covered a lot of the material. Plus it was mostly on venn diagrams which I loath with the passion of a thousand jihadists.

TSR casual racism :no:
Reply 36
Original post by DCRichards
TSR casual racism :no:

If you were anywhere near being factually correct then I might defend my post. But as your evaluation of my post was about as accurate as my cricket bowling I shall not bother.
I got an E in AS Chem with a U in one exam- think I got something like 3/60 or something!

I also got a D in Biology. Pretty bad...
Got 28% in my Chem 4 mock a few weeks ago-somehow have to get that up to an A over the next 2 weeks...
My business studies teacher was a prick (gcse) so decided i wasn't going to revise (along with refusing to listen in class :tongue:) and i got a 'd'... That says 2 things: 1, business studies cannot be that difficult ( i didn't get an E! :biggrin:), 2 my tactics worked :biggrin:!
I did have to do a retake though.. Got an A*. Puh.
That showed my dick head of a teacher!! He actually told me that I was going to "crash and burn in my exams" (in general) WHAT THE **** does he know?!!!

Quick Reply

Latest