The Student Room Group

Why are some guys virgins until into their early 20's if they are attractive?

I know a couple of guys who are good looking, fit and have good bodies, but they are still virgins in their early 20's. Why is this? You would think they would have lost their virginity a good few years ago, but they are still virgins. I know that one of these guys used to be overweight with bad skin when he was 16/17 years old, but now he is gorgeous and a virgin, I couldn't believe it when he told me. The other guy I don't know him that well, I only know him through a friend of a friend, so he isn't exactly a friend of mine, but he is a virgin. He is also good looking, I just don't understand it because neither of them are religious, so nothing would be holding them back. The first guy (the one who is a friend) is always getting attention from girls, especially when he takes his top off on the beach or walking in public/through town.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because they have the social skills of a teaspoon?

You know it's true.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
It's not only girls who believe in 'The right person' concept..

*shrugs* Asked if they're gay?
maybe they want to lose it within a relationship?
Reply 4
Lack of confidence is the biggest factor.
Reply 5
Lack of self-confidence carrying over from their teens, maybe?

EDIT: ^Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Not finding the right girl.
Original post by Kaitlyn89
I know a couple of guys who are good looking, fit and have good bodies, but they are still virgins in their early 20's. Why is this? You would think they would have lost their virginity a good few years ago, but they are still virgins. I know that one of these guys used to be overweight with bad skin when he was 16/17 years old, but now he is gorgeous and a virgin, I couldn't believe it when he told me. The other guy I don't know him that well, I only know him through a friend of a friend, so he isn't exactly a friend of mine, but he is a virgin. He is also good looking, I just don't understand it because neither of them are religious, so nothing would be holding them back. The first guy (the one who is a friend) is always getting attention from girls, especially when he takes his top off on the beach or walking in public/through town.

they have the social skills of a lemon???

or maybe they are saving themselves/only want sex in a committed relationship that they haven't had yet
Reply 8
Gotta put my hand up hurr. I think a lot of decent people don't like superficial relationships. In most beautiful people tend to also have beautiful personalities and have no taste for the cheap stuff. Adrianna Lima's got my back on this.
Well i'm nearly 20, have had a few girlfriends (still am with one) and yet i'm a virgin. I have good social skills, look good and yet don't feel any pressure.

Anon, as family on here don't know about my girlfriends :ninja: .
choice?
Reply 11
Because the idea of waiting for the right person/marriage is not only held by some women, but some men also.

I'm probably gonna get loads of neg for this but sex isn't the only thing that matters in life you know, I hate how the only thing many fellow teenagers think about is sex, and when they'll lose their virginity.
Reply 12
So that you could make a thread about it. It has nothing to do with confidence.

Different people, different principles! Simples!
There are guys out there who want to wait for the right person and/or until in a committed relationship. Personally I wish I'd waited a bit longer instead of giving my virginity to my first girlfriend.
Reply 14
They got no game.

Why have I been negged for a legitamte reason. I dunno whats wrong with people sometimes lolz
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
I know guys that are early 20's and virgins, why this pressure for guys to lose their virginity. Why is there even this thread? It's unnecessary. So a guy waits like some girls do, and...? NEXT!!
Reply 16
Took me a while to understand what the difference between a virgin guy and a non-virgin guy was. This thread is akin to asking why some guys get circumsized and some don't even though circumcision is healthier.
Non religious people might still want to wait until they're in a committed relationship with the right person... Why does it have to be shocking that they're still virgins?
Reply 18
BECAUSE!

They respect themselves.
I've been told I'm attractive so I'll answer the question. Personally I've spent way too much time trying to find 'the one' and this led me to forgetting about to keep my options open with other girl.

Most attractive guys know they're attractive. They're either picky up about which girls they want, have no social life outside of school/university/work or just don't care much about having sex.

I couldn't care less if I lost my virginity at this age (18) or not. I've got a whole life ahead of me to do that so...

Quick Reply