The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4920
I'm more shocked at the teaser of the next episode!

"Let's kill Hitler" :eek:
Have to wait months for that
Reply 4921
Unlike last episode which was made by the end this fantastic well plotted clever episode was ruined by the obvious end.

However this brings along more questions.

Can River Regenerate? If so is she actually dead in the library can she be brought back however she does say it will kill you stone dead and don't think you will regenerate.

Is River the little girl?

Where has Madame Ovativan gone - I'm sure she will be dealt with.
Reply 4922
Original post by student777
I could so see that coming... Bit of a disappointment I have to say. And we know the baby must survive everything now, because she grows up to be river!

So if River has Time Lord genes and hooks up with the Doctor.

Will they breed little Time Lord babies? :confused:
I see some people thought, for a moment, she was The Doctor's mother. For me, I had a moment where I thought she was Susan. Or Susan's mother.
Original post by Pandora.
:frown: I'm not a River fan anymore...

Tbh I'm just glad she wasn't his mother like I thought they were suggesting to begin with.

*is in denial*

I am still holding out for her being the Doctor's wife :colonhash:
Doctor still hasn't fallen yet, just when it looked like he might. C'mon. It's Tennant level invincibility here.
I... I dunno. It was predictable (I also guessed the baby was Flesh).

I can't wait for the next episode though :smile:
Original post by LastLordofTime
I see some people thought, for a moment, she was The Doctor's mother. For me, I had a moment where I thought she was Susan. Or Susan's mother.

I thought that a bit too but it wouldnt make much sense to the majority of Nu Who fans.
Reply 4928
Well, it would have to have been someone he could make an association with in his timeline (so not some random woman he meets in his future, but something related to what he's already done), so makes sense that it could be a companion's kid.

I also had the "eh? she's not his mum is she?" thought, but they definitely kissed in a romantic/intimate way previously.

He seemed so happy that River was Rory and Amy's kiddo. Bless him.

Will river be calling Amy and Rory mummy and daddy from now on then?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LastLordofTime

I thought she might a former lover of the Doctor's and the crib wasn't actually his.

Oh well.
Bit disappointed really. I thought River being Amy's daughter was too obvious.

I think the Doctor sees River as a kind of adopted daughter, taking her to all these wonderful places in the universe, and on picnics and ice-skating. Which is kinda sweet (although I might be wrong and she is his wife which makes that theory a bit sick :s-smilie:)

Although if my last name is Pond I'd call my daughter Lily. I am cruel.
(edited 12 years ago)
I really honestly thought she was gonna be his mum, especially when the Doctor made the kissy lips like he was suckling on a tit
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
That's what I thought. Unless the fall was meant to be metaphorical like realising he is this invincible warrior rather than doctor.

She still hasn't killed a good man. Nor do we know why she is in prison.

We still don't know who the good man is, whether it's Rory or the Doctor. It keeps leading from one to another.
So why do the Silence want to protect River? Does she kill the Doctor then since she was the Astronaut. Her being Melody doesn't close everything.
Reply 4934
Guessed it right. The way they revealed it though was rather fantastic!
What was that about putting up a baloon?
Reply 4936
Madame Ovativan = regenerated river?
let's not forget guys that the only reason most of you guys are disappointed is because you knew all the hints and clues beforehand. My brother avoided all spoilers from the start and he's so shocked about the episode.

other things:
1. did anyone manage to pick up on the soldier enemy man [from the gay agenda couple] saying to the headless monks 'it's a lot of red in here, i hope its not covering up...' something something i don't know the full quote, but RED!
2. STAR WARS
3. I don't get why there was a load of 'Jenny' hype, she contributed very little to the episode.
4. I nearly died when Sontaron Strax died :'( HE WAS A NURSE DAMMIT WHYMOFFATWHY
For a second than I thought river was gonna be his wife or something. Thought the cot was for his and rivers children or something
Original post by Tasneemo
let's not forget guys that the only reason most of you guys are disappointed is because you knew all the hints and clues beforehand. My brother avoided all spoilers from the start and he's so shocked about the episode.

other things:
1. did anyone manage to pick up on the soldier enemy man [from the gay agenda couple] saying to the headless monks 'it's a lot of red in here, i hope its not covering up...' something something i don't know the full quote, but RED!
2. STAR WARS
3. I don't get why there was a load of 'Jenny' hype, she contributed very little to the episode.
4. I nearly died when Sontaron Strax died :'( HE WAS A NURSE DAMMIT WHYMOFFATWHY

It was Lorna who died, no? But I agree about the hype.

Latest