The Student Room Group

Gay sex at boys' boarding schools?

Does it really happen? Boarding schools like Eton and Harrow have many stories about senior students having gay sex (both anal and oral), amongst themselves and with younger pupils, as they are staved of females and see 'pretty boys' as the next best thing to have sex with, as they don't have anything else. Has anybody gone to a school like Eton or Harrow and experienced this, does anyone else have any facts about this?

Real life experiences of this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2005/oct/12/publicschools.schools

You don't have to be gay to pretend a guy is a girl and have sex with them, or to command power and respect from younger pupils through sexual actions.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teravolt
Does it really happen? Boarding schools like Eton and Harrow have many stories about senior students having gay sex (both anal and oral), amongst themselves and with younger pupils, as they are staved of females and see 'pretty boys' as the next best thing to have sex with as they don't have anything else. Has anybody gone to a school like Eton or Harrow and experienced this, does anyone else have any facts about this?

Going to an all boys school doesn't turn you gay. You don't think "Oh damn, no girls here...better bat for the other team for a couple of years"
Reply 2
Original post by LipstickKisses
Going to an all boys school doesn't turn you gay. You don't think "Oh damn, no girls here...better bat for the other team for a couple of years"

You don't have to be gay to pretend a guy is a girl and have sex with them, or to command power and respect from younger pupils. Read this, it's about experiences of ex-pupils at boarding schools on the subject:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2005/oct/12/publicschools.schools
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3

This is an actual phenomenon, referred to as situational homosexual behaviour β€” although the orientation of the subject doesn't change, due to the absence of partners of the opposite gender, they are forced to engage in homosexual behaviour for sexual gratification. Whether or not it occurs in school settings is undocumented, though, and is what the OP is trying to find out.
When I went to a boy's boarding school, they were at it like rabbits... :teehee:

Seriously OP, not all people at a boy's boarding school are gay..
You don't have to be gay to pretend a guy is a girl and have sex with them, or to command power and respect from younger pupils. Read this, it's about experiences of ex-pupils at boarding schools on the subject:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2005/oct/12/publicschools.schools

I was a day pupil at a boarding school for a bit. My ex went to an all boys school. As far as I know, no-one pretended a guy was a girl. There were gay guys, just like you get gay guys in any walk of life.

Plus it's not as if their whole world is within the school, they're allowed outside you know. :colonhash:
I read the article and I never knew the word "bugger" meant anal sex :eek:

You learn something new everyday.
Reply 7

Plus it's not as if their whole world is within the school, they're allowed outside you know. :colonhash:

At Eton, school ends around 5:30, then sports for a couple of hours, then a free hour, then bed. They have school on Saturdays until 12:35 and then more sports in the afternoon. Lights out is at 10pm. The school is in a 'secluded' area away from teenage females, and judging by their timetable they don't have much time at all to leave the school grounds anyway.
Reply 8
That was a really interesting read, actually. :pierre:

I guess it wasn't really sexually fueled, more platonic and just having that feeling of a relationship I guess. Although I think there might have been sex. I'm not sure. :colondollar:

Cool tho. :ninja:
At Eton, school ends around 5:30, then sports for a couple of hours, then a free hour, then bed. They have school on Saturdays until 12:35 and then more sports in the afternoon. Lights out is at 10pm. The school is in a 'secluded' area away from teenage females, and judging by their timetable they don't have much time at all to leave the school grounds anyway.

Sundays, after schools, holidays etc. It's not that hard.
Reply 10
Sundays, after schools, holidays etc. It's not that hard.

There isn't really "after school" - lessons finish late and they deliberately keep you busy with sports, prep etc until bedtime. I have no direct experience of Eton but my school was pretty restrictive about boarders leaving the school site even on Sundays, so chances to meet outsiders are really quite limited.

I was a day pupil at a boarding school but it was mixed so I can't really comment on what might go on at boys' schools and whether things might have changed since the writers of that article were at school.
Original post by Helenia
There isn't really "after school" - lessons finish late and they deliberately keep you busy with sports, prep etc until bedtime. I have no direct experience of Eton but my school was pretty restrictive about boarders leaving the school site even on Sundays, so chances to meet outsiders are really quite limited.
I don't have experience of Eton either, but my ex boyfriend went to an all boys school and they were allowed out quite frequently. Yeah they had prep, an unrealistic amount of sports and work, but they were still allowed out. Plus they all snuck out at night anyway!

I was a day pupil at a boarding school but it was mixed so I can't really comment on what might go on at boys' schools and whether things might have changed since the writers of that article were at school.

So was I, as far as I'm aware nothing like what OP mentioned went on at mine or his.
Reply 12
Does it really happen? Boarding schools like Eton and Harrow have many stories about senior students having gay sex (both anal and oral), amongst themselves and with younger pupils, as they are staved of females and see 'pretty boys' as the next best thing to have sex with, as they don't have anything else. Has anybody gone to a school like Eton or Harrow and experienced this, does anyone else have any facts about this?

Real life experiences of this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2005/oct/12/publicschools.schools

You don't have to be gay to pretend a guy is a girl and have sex with them, or to command power and respect from younger pupils through sexual actions.

Ohhhh, both anal and oral? I could have sworn I've only heard anal sex happens, but whatever you say!
Reply 13
Bump :smile:
Reply 14
Francis Ween? Peregrine Worsthorne?

And they wonder why they turn out gay.
I'm sure it does. But not like EVERYONE HAVING SEX AT ONCE, ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THEY'RE SO ISOLATED FROM THE FEMALE SPECIES AAAAH! Just a couple of guys and a few that are actually gay... I fail to see the problem.
Reply 16
It's all rubbish.

I went to a top boarding school that was boys only until 16, then a small number of girls in Sixth Form.

None of that stuff went on.

Times have changed a lot since the 1950s. There is no longer the strict hierarchy in boarding houses; yes older boys/girls are respected, but they would never abuse the younger ones in any way.

Additionally there are far more socials with neighbouring girls' schools than 50 years ago. Schools (both boys and girls) recognise the importance of social events now, far more than in years gone by.

Boarding schools are ENTIRELY different establishments to what they were even 30 years ago. For the amount of money parents pay (upwards of Β£25 000 a year for the top schools) a very high level of pastoral care is expected. Masters are no longer figures to be feared, but teachers who play an active role in ensuring every boy or girl in their house is happy. In the 1950s getting a warm shower would be a luxury; nowadays by the final year of Sixth Form you have your own room, and sometimes an ensuite.

I've read reports and diaries from my old school from years gone by, and there are few similarities between the establishments. Sure traditions remain, which are important parts of the school, but the overall ethos is totally different.

Finally - most parents who send their children to boarding school went themselves. If they were soooo traumatised by all the gay sex, why would they put their sons in the same position?

They wouldn't. It's all rubbish and anyone who goes/went to a boys boarding school would scoff in your face at the remarks.

Ultimately the top boarding schools provide a level of education incomparable to most schools in the UK - they are lengths ahead in terms of academics, pastoral care, facilities and opportunities on offer. Sure you pay for it, but it is so worth it.
Reply 17

:s-smilie:

Stop hating on these schools
If you would like to know in graphic detail how things were homosexually at Eton in 1984, read Alexander's Choice, a new novel available on Amazon. It is a first-hand account by an old boy, albeit fictionalised.
Original post by Edmund Marlowe
If you would like to know in graphic detail how things were homosexually at Eton in 1984, read Alexander's Choice, a new novel available on Amazon. It is a first-hand account by an old boy, albeit fictionalised.

Congratulations, you've resurrected a 18-month old thread!! :woo:

Though why you were trawling through TSR's archives for "gay sex at boy's boarding schools" is another matter... :holmes:

Latest