University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

University of Northampton, Sept. 11

Scroll to see replies

I'm off to Northampton in September :smile:
gonna be doing Psychology with Human Bioscience

anyone doing the same course or know anything about them?

xxxxxx
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 21
I am going to study Web Design with Marketing :smile:
Film and TV studies Firmed
Reply 23
Ive firmed Northampton and I'm doing Geography (F800)
Having second thoughts about the Uni, I visited and thought it was good but Im thinking now that it might not be a big enough Uni/City for me to enjoy it????
The course looks really good though and the staff I met on the open day were great.
Reply 24
Original post by Ollie159
Ive firmed Northampton and I'm doing Geography (F800)
Having second thoughts about the Uni, I visited and thought it was good but Im thinking now that it might not be a big enough Uni/City for me to enjoy it????
The course looks really good though and the staff I met on the open day were great.

Have a night out in Northampton and then make a descison. Northampton is the largest town in the UK afterall, no small place.
I'd reccomend it, there's both a scene for pubbers and clubbers, as a pubber type of person I normally go into the Penny (Pennywhistle) which is a scream bar which does pretty good deals (Tuesday is pound a pint night where most drinks are between £1-.50) and right next door is Molly's - a karaoke bar :-)
Reply 26
I would have gone to north uni but ive lived in northamptonshire all my life so i didnt apply there. But its a really great uni... not sure what company you want, nightlife is pretty good aswell :smile: oh and be prepared for lots of rabbits on your campus most probably haha :smile: enjoy uni here!
Reply 27
The impression I get from the people I've met down there is that it's a lovely place. Not too big and not too small. I really can't wait to get down there even though I will only be there for a year.
I'm counting down the days and it's dragging on now. Seriously September....just get here already!
Hi peeps,

Just finished my degree course at Northampton (Ed studies/psychology) and going to do my PGCE in September.
I'm biased but its lovely, along with the staff and students.

I wish you the very best of luck with your courses and in making new friends.
x:smile:x
Reply 29
Im going to northampton in sept aswell :smile: cant wate to move away from home! Was thinking about doing cheerleading at uni anyone else?
(edited 12 years ago)
ooo does anyone know what the clubs and socs at northampton are like?
Reply 31
i was thinking that aswell, i looked at maybe doing cheerleading there? but dunno whether id be to good at it lol
Reply 32
Original post by Rich_N
* raises hand * HERE! :P I'll be studying Music Production

Wheyyy might see you there man. It's a toss-up between Northampton and Plymouth at the moment for the top-up course, did my first 2 years at a place in London... still waiting to hear from UEL and Greenwich (which is at a college in Coventry so I'm not really fussed with that one)
Reply 33
Original post by Stringer987
Im at Northampton Uni, so any questions quote me and ill give you a truthful answer!

Hi Stringer987, Im Becca.

I start September 2011 on LD Nursing course. I am unsure where i want to live, whats halls like? Do you live in a shared house if so where is good areas? Thanks
Original post by bubble68
Hi Stringer987, Im Becca.

I start September 2011 on LD Nursing course. I am unsure where i want to live, whats halls like? Do you live in a shared house if so where is good areas? Thanks

Erm for nursing your best living close to town. If you do that is really close to the general hospital. Might be the better place to live. But the halls are fine, margret bondfeild and spencer. Everyone in them seems to get on well so its a great place.
Original post by Eleasha
Im going to northampton in sept aswell :smile: cant wate to move away from home! Was thinking about doing cheerleading at uni anyone else?

If you wanna know about cheerleading go on the northampton uni frshers facebook thing (if you havent already) and there was some cheerleaders on there talking about try outs im sure they would talk to you about it ! :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Laura-Blood
I'm off to Northampton in September :smile:
gonna be doing Psychology with Human Bioscience

anyone doing the same course or know anything about them?

xxxxxx

I'm doing Human Biosciences on its own :smile: Is it your firm?
Reply 37
Hi I was wondering how strict Northampton are with conditional offers. I've just finished an Access course which the university asked me to get 45 level 3 merits in, however I ended up with 24 distinctions and 6 merits :frown:. Is there a possibility that I could still be accepted, cause it was the only uni I got an offer from and am scared about the possibility of going through clearing! Thanks for any help.
Original post by jbrown42
I'm doing Human Biosciences on its own :smile: Is it your firm?

heyyy :biggrin: im doing human biosciences too! :smile: It was my insurance choice but I'm pretty happy with it :smile:
I'll be doing Psychology :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest