The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse maths 3H June 2011

How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Should have got 100% on this paper - Nearly EVERYONE in my school got 100% except for 3 kids who got 96% :frown: due to a careless error

or school has 150 people in our year, and yes I asked all of them ...

The grade boundaries will be like 90% + this year, as it was quite easy, and I know many people out of school who got 95+ !
@ I Will Find You

Are you serious!!
Reply 3
How do you know you got 100% This is edexcel right?
No.. the grade boundaries wouldn';t be that high.
Reply 4
Original post by I Will Find You
Should have got 100% on this paper - Nearly EVERYONE in my school got 100% except for 3 kids who got 96% :frown: due to a careless error

The grade boundaries will be like 90% + this year, as it was quite easy, and I know many people out of school who got 95+ !

What school do you go too? Yeah and the grade boundaries are usually fairly low, like 80 per cent for A star
Reply 5
the paper was quite alrite until the last question and the n= inequality thing. I had no clue for those. What did you guys put for the area of the rectangle PQRS inside the other rectangle ABCD. Anyway its over now, iv got Bio paper 2 in 1 hour :frown:
Original post by I Will Find You

What did you get for the last question?

I got 2.25
Original post by TheMJCG
the paper was quite alrite until the last question and the n= inequality thing. I had no clue for those. What did you guys put for the area of the rectangle PQRS inside the other rectangle ABCD. Anyway its over now, iv got Bio paper 2 in 1 hour :frown:

hey u doing bio in 1 hour we are doing in 3 hours.....s.o.s...help me out:confused:
Reply 8
Original post by quintillion
What did you get for the last question?

I got 2.25

Apparently it was 2.25, but how did you get it?
Reply 9
Original post by master y
Apparently it was 2.25, but how did you get it?

basically you put the formulae in for the surface areas in the fraction.. you factorise then simplify.. and you get h=3r.. then when you write the formulae for the volume instead of writing h you write 3r.. then you get to 9r/4r = 2.25
Reply 10
What did you guys get for the simultaneous equation?
Reply 11
Anyone remember how many marks the last question was worth?
Reply 12
Original post by thelonyone
Anyone remember how many marks the last question was worth?

5 :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by burhan94

i think it was x=1 and y = -1 and the other one was x = 7/5 and y = -0.2
Reply 14
I'm wondering when a rough mark scheme for this paper will be posted. Really curious to check what I got
Reply 15
@BananaPie Same hereeee !
Oh God, that paper went pretty awful for me TT____TT
And to think that at the start of the paper everyone thought they had an A* in the bag... I'm really dreading the results now :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by burhan94

it was 3.5 and -4 i think
Reply 18
i think i lost about 20 marks already :frown:

i know that the length of AB was 5
simultaneous one was 3.5, -4
last question was -2 and 3 i think
recipricol was 1/8
the percentage increase was 600%

but i failed vectors, hemisphere question and many more :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by sh123:)
it was 3.5 and -4 i think

there were two different answers.. since it was a quadratic.. i checked with my calculator by storing the numbers i got as X and Y and it was right.. one of them was definitely -1 and 1.. forgot what the other one was!

Quick Reply