The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Electronic engineerin 2012

I will be applying to go to University in 2012, the Universities that I am mainly thinking to go to are Loughborough, Surrey or York.

I want to know which of these University is best for Electronic engineering, the specific course I want to do is Electronic and Computer Engineering
Reply 1
I'm in the exact same situation. Not much help I know, but you're not alone!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Lol, do you know if they accept BTEC's at York?
Original post by KazMan
Lol, do you know if they accept BTEC's at York?

Loughborough would the best out of those.
One of the top of the subject but still behind Imperial and the like.
Reply 4
I am finishing the 2nd year here in lboro=) Well... it is definitely good for getting a knowledge in engineering. Here are some good lecturers, some not, lol, but still... Amongst these unis u mentioned lboro should be your choice of course, since it is really helpful to get into the field and there are projects during the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (if u do master), which really help to develop your skills. There you are free to do industrial placement, but ofcourse you wont be given a job, you will be given companies to send cv to and have an interview with.. pretty helpful though. Lboro is a good uni and employers are interested in students from here. A lot of people are getting year out or summer placement, like me. There are no problems with it. However, there are no schemes like power academy or smth like this to get an easy scholarship.

Syllabus is good, not too hard as in Imperial, where I attended a number of lectures. Imperial delivers really a lot of information in one shot, but on the other hand in lboro you get a better grasp about everything you learn, you remember stuff, while in imperial it is just too much and difficult to remember. So, there are two sides of a coin.

Here it's a small town, pretty nowhere to go, but nearby is leicester.. around 10 minutes by train or 30 minutes by bus. Nightlife... you can get drunk on daily basis in the union... there is always something going on.

The worst thing i noticed here is this big campus and if you decide to study in lboro then be ready to walk haha. or ride a bike. lectures can take place in different places of the campus, so be ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. I am off, going to write my exam!
Reply 5
well im going to say Southampton but my opinion might be a bit biased....

Quick Reply